DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

passenger side fuse box
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
daftlad

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
passenger side fuse box

Hi all

I still have a slight problem with my central locking operating on its own without use of the fob.

I did the 3 wire splice repair as some suggested , it did need sorting as it fell apart , the wires are a little dark green with corrosion but I had to join them as if I took any more off they wouldn't reach .
I will revisit when I have some wire and get my soldering iron back form a mate Rolling Eyes .
Problem is my central locking worked as normal of the fob with the wires all apart , is this normal ? Rolling with laughter

It has got better only unlocking and relocking once over night not repeated as it was last week.

Can the fuse box get water in and corrode causing a short that unlocks the doors , if so would it show on a diagnostic devise , I only ask as its booked in at my local indy , but if its working fine at that time he may not spot it .

I did give the bonnet latch sensor a good clean out ,seemed to improve it ,surely that cant cause all of my issues ?

Don't know what more to do Big Cry

Post #216688910th Aug 2020 12:48 pm
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The fuse box can get wet if water gets in from the scuttle. Check if the cabin filter is wet.

Post #216723312th Aug 2020 11:31 am
daftlad

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

checked 2 days ago and both dry , I am pretty sure that the any water I do get and its not every time it rains or I wash it comes through the door seal , reasoning is when it first happened I did all the known forum checks for ingress and I repositioned the seal and it stopped it for quite a while .

Update on the actual problem of the central locking working without fob input seems to have stopped for now.

I am more confused that the fob worked the central locking fine with the 3 wires split apart , I assumed in ignorance that the re splice is a fix for the central locking not working when the fob is activated .

I have it booked in for a diagnostic , however would it show if the fault is not present not sure if this is a fault that would log, am I wasting my time with a code read ?

Post #216723812th Aug 2020 12:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >