Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Am I making a mistake buying a '54 plate TDV6 HSE?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
F355GTS

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

My 54 plate A/C fans do not run fast all the time, the relays are known to be reliable so maybe it's stuck open, it's a 1 minute job to check temporally swapping it for the starter relay next day, do a search on here for which relays.

I paid 11k for an 88k HSE last Spring, tbh it was a bit tatty and I've spent a bit to bring it up to standard so I reckon the price for the one you are looking at at £12k is about right, appreciate it's annoying with the price changing, I'd be inclined to offer £11.5k for a quick deal
 Mark  
Post #125460718th Mar 2014 12:09 am
gje

Wales 

I parted with 12750 for my 2005/05 HSE 2 weeks ago, 88k but FLRSH from its 1 and only supplying dealer/owner. Have a 24 month genuine LR warranty & MOT cover too as a sweetener on the deal as no PX involved.

Click image to enlarge

Post #125615520th Mar 2014 5:40 pm
Albert McFly

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Price is about right due to mileage. More realistic price in the private market is 11000.

Please remember you will almost certainly get what you pay for with a disco. Don't get sucked in by people telling you can get a good one for less it will most likely be a banger and cost 2/3000 over ownership to put right.

My advice would be buy of here if you can or an extremely good garage.
 Disco 3 HSE  
Post #125624720th Mar 2014 8:22 pm
d.lundigan

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi, just to add my bit of advice. I bought my 54 plate d3 105000 miles back in October for £10500.00 with fsh all belts done and bushes and I wouldnt go back to a car now. The only thing I would set money aside for is a battery change as this is a normal problem and is the cause of electrical gremlins. Apart from that I have no electrical problems but I'm now touching wood Rolling with laughter I would say £11000 cash is a good buy and if you like it go for it. Thumbs Up

Dave

Post #125625120th Mar 2014 8:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
delboy

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

hi Richard
thought id chip in my bit Iv owned my d3 54plate for nearly 7 years best car I ever owned wont part with it for all the tee in china I love it. done 98000 miles now no brake downs (well apart from wrong fuel but cannot blame car Wink ) thay do need maintenance but in my opinion no more than any outher car I do all my own now even bought a diagnoustic tool now so don't need dealers for that now.
go for it mine puts a smile on my face every time I get in it even the frequent visits to the petrol station no pun intended. Thumbs Up
derek

Post #125630520th Mar 2014 9:38 pm
iand3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

i think 11k is a reasonable offer given it needs front bushes which if you take to a garage will cost at least £250 a corner to replace the entire wishbone which is not an easy job. ARB bushes aren't too bad to do yourself and drives alot better with poly ones fitted.

I paid just over £10k for my 2005 S, with xenons, heated seats, harmon kardon etc and a one year warranty and the cambelt service thrown in. It had 105k miles. now its on 120k and just had the front to rear brake pipes changed otherwise great. Low mileage means nothing on these
 Current: D3 TDV6 S; GGAT's, DIY 7inch Tablet mount, DIY Reversing Camera, Stage 1 remap, EGR delete

Previous: Freelander TD4, D2 V8, D1 TDI, Series 3 Petrol plus Numerous performance cars! 

Post #125631920th Mar 2014 10:02 pm
prmoldoaks

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

You pays your money and takes your choice, generally find one you like and buy it, you can keep comparing prices but at the end of the day, find the best vehicle for your budget.

Buy private you get NO WARRANTY so expect to buy it much cheaper than a dealer (Min £1 - £2k) but be prepared for a transfer box or blower replacement or something similar going shortly after purchase.

Buy from a dealer and make sure it includes a full warranty.

If you buy privately you could still buy your own warranty from warranty wise or someone similar if you what piece of mind

http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/?g=GoogleAdw...wwodcKsAEg

Disco 3's these guys are pretty well know for supplying good vehicles and service

www.ukisudbury.co.uk

Good luck with your purchase

Post #125638621st Mar 2014 1:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >