DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

P2288 Injector control pressure too high
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Sable

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 3
P2288 Injector control pressure too high

Good Day Everyone,
First post here. We farm in Malawi, Central Africa. We have a 2006 Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6. A couple of months ago we began to get engine faults with the vehicle starting to run very lumpy and going into limp mode.

I got an Icarsoft LR2 tester sent up from South Africa and found 3 bad injectors. Replaced these but am now getting a P2288 (Injector control pressure too high) fault code as soon as engine starts.

Can clear it but it returns immediately and special programs off and into limp mode. Injector values all close to 1000kpa which is good. However Fuel pressure sitting at 25-35000kpa, the Pressure control valve reads 0% and the Volume control valve reads 23,68%.

If I unplug the Fuel rail pressure sensor, fuel pressure reads 179990kpa, PCV reads 16.13% and the VCV reads 25,41%. Vehicle sounds and runs fine, but now throws a P0193 (Fuel rail pressure sensor high input). If I plug the sensor back in, PCV drops to 0% and it throws the P2288 code again.

So far, I have changed oil plus oil filter, changed fuel filter and made sure the four connectors go to right positions. Tried blowing out the fuel lines, doesn’t seem to be a block or kink in pipes. Have swapped batteries, checked earth wires. I have read that the Fuel Rail Pressure sensor can cause issues, as well as the connector for these sensors and can throw false readings. The FRP sensor on these early LR3’s sits at the back of the engine, not at the front of the fuel pressure rail at front passenger side. Am thinking my next effort will be to change the sensor and maybe the connector. Any other suggestions before we move onto the more expensive things like HPFP etc. as all these parts are ordered from South Africa at great expense and time. I would really appreciate any help as we are on our own basically in Malawi as far as backup goes. Cheers and thanks

Post #236550631st Mar 2024 9:25 am
Sable

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 3

Anybody able to offer any suggestions?

Post #23658384th Apr 2024 2:54 pm
seank

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Watching this thread with interest as I am having exactly the same issue. Have tried replacing the filter with an OE one but has made no difference. Will be getting a diagnostic computer tomorrow to check injector pressures etc.

Will let you know if I manage to figure this out.
 D3 TDV6 S - Silver
TT Remap
Bilstein Shocks
FrontRunner Roof Rack
National Luna Dual Charging System
Big Country Rear Wheel Carrier
Big Country Drawer System
BFG AT's
Long Range Fuel Tank 

Post #23658604th Apr 2024 6:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1