Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Export of ARB/Kaymar gear - can anyone help?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rhffgb

United Kingdom 
Export of ARB/Kaymar gear - can anyone help?

G'day guys,

My mate (Series II Disco) and I (LRS V* HSE) are seriously in need of some decent off-raod gear to fit to our cars (mine's a V8 HSE LR3).

We have an ARB outlet in Abu Dhabi (7 hrs drive away) who say they can get the gear we want 3 months after ordering and with major add-ons. Shipping from UK is major money, as is from South Africa.

What sort of Oz price are you getting for the following?:
ARB Deluxe winch bull bar for D3?
Kaymar rear bumper with spare wheel carrier + jerrycan holder? (D3)
ARB roof rack + roof tent (SII Disco)
Did I hear of an aux fuel tank for the D3 V8 petrol in Oz? Any prices/reports?

Is there anyone out there who could/would be prepared to ship this stuff to Muscat in Oman for us - and if so, any way of finding out shipping costs?

Getting desperate, and seriously thinking of starting up an import business if the demand out here is big enough. God knows there are plenty of 4x4s here, but not sure there are too many that are serious about protecting their investments!

Post #22348412th Nov 2007 6:02 pm
White Disco

Australia 

Try looking here.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic10425.html

Simon_Arch1 could be the person to help you. Give him a PM.
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #22358212th Nov 2007 9:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
allanj

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

These guys export tanks I think, so they may be able to help, they also are associated with a 4wd shop that sells the gear you mention
http://www.thelongranger.com.au/

Post #22627821st Nov 2007 11:01 am
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi - happy to help with exports - we have been through the process with some of our gear...

email me at: [email protected]. Getting stuff more quiclly simply costs money! Air freight...

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #22671822nd Nov 2007 12:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rhffgb

United Kingdom 

Guys, thanks for the info. Considering all options at the mo. Have asked ARB outlet in Abu DHabi to price up the gear which should include their shippign charge from Oz and of course, subsequent mark-up. Asked a week ago and still haven't heard back, but that's fairly typical for the Middle East! 'Confused'

Specifically am looking at ARB front and rear replacement bumpers, front to include winch, rear to include swingaway spare wheel carrier and jerry can carrier. Need a 12,000lb Warn Winch, 2nd battery kit, and ideally an auxilliary fuel tank suited to the V8 petrol. I read on the forum (I think, African group) that the diesel tank won't fit the V8 as there's something occupying part of the space unique to the guzzler engine. 'Big Cry'

Anyone know any different?

Post #22686322nd Nov 2007 7:28 pm
rhffgb

United Kingdom 

Back again after a major 4x4 shopping fest in South Africa but couldn't find the Long Ranger aux tank or a Kaymar bar and dual sparewheel carrier.

So, is anyone able to give me an all-up price for supply and sea-freighting to Muscat, Sultanate fo Oman of these two items? Am sending emails all over to suppliers, but if theer's anyone can assist I'd really appreciate it.

ARB Emirates still haven't responded, and after apersonal visit, smiled sweetly at me and said I'd missed the next shipment from Ox arriving in March and might have to wait until June!!!!!!!!!!! 'Censored'

Post #24350811th Jan 2008 10:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >