DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Air suspension troubleshooting.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mickoh

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Air suspension troubleshooting.

Hi guys, advice required please.
Bought disco 3 2008 2 months ago. Been having air suspension faults since first week. Initially just reading suspension fault, red light came on and then corrected itself after a few mile, had n/s front height sensor replaced as this was reading as an error. No difference made.
Couple of weeks later brake light failure and hdc system fault. Replaced braking switch which corrected this problem. Was still getting initial susp fault message reading so left disco into garage for recalibration of susp heights. Mechanic has been driving disco and message saying susp realising slowly appeared. Mechanic suggested replacement air compressor which I have done and surprise surprise it has made no difference.
I find it will generally cause the fault to appear when driving on motorway at 70, most of the time it is fine on back roads. It will read susp fault for 30 miles and then I can drive the length of the uk with no further probs unless I switch the car off, in which case it reads probs again for 30 miles and then it is fine.
I can go for a week with no issue on short journeys to work on back roads but at weekend on motorway it will go. Recently it has been staying in access mode until I switch engine off and restart.
Could this be an earthing issue and is there any way to correct it if it is.

Cheers in advance.

Post #134173916th Sep 2014 1:57 pm
Crost

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Checked your tail lights recently?
 Mark

Remember its only an obsession....

Mods:
Original Beanie Narpy Grill, Black lettering, De-Tango'ed, Side steps, Hids LEDs upgrade, Halo DRL, Smoked side repeaters, D4 Bluetooth upgrade, Flacks magic with the fault mate, Upgraded D4 compressor, ERG's blanked, Tints, D4 rear lights, Short rails & cross bars, LR Ladder. Reversing camera (needs activating!!) 

Post #134174916th Sep 2014 2:07 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Sounds like you need to take it someplace to have the faults diagnosed, instead of throwing parts at it, in the blind hope it fixes it...
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #134175816th Sep 2014 2:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mickoh

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Tail lights are fine since brake switch changed. I've been having it linked up to a diagnostic test every time I take it in, the faults it brings up are fixed and when I drive it out of the garage same problem occurs. I've had both my local garage and the aa (who was landrover customer service guy) link it up and they read the same faults. As I say it can fine for days and then behaves like a pig for a day or two then it's fine again which is making me think it's an earthing issue or some electrical fault.

Post #134192116th Sep 2014 5:36 pm
roversd1

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

i think im going to have them dunlop springs and shocks fitted to my lr3 im totally fed up with air suspension systems. Im off to milano next month a long drive not sure if I will take my land rover or my other car which is a 97 susuki alto, or indeed my rover sd1 it never breaks down.

T

Post #135678812th Oct 2014 6:54 pm
Colin hughes

Canada 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackLR3

I really love my LR3 but it's amazing how it can be rendered absolutely useless with just one wire acting up. I had some EAS issues over the last couple of weeks. Amber light would come on, then it would be off on the next restart. Put it on the Autologic and it came up RR out of height issue and reservoir relief valve. We were pretty sure it was a corroded wire and ended up replacing one going to the relief valve. I had tried to drive the truck after resetting the faults before replacing the wire but, red light, bumps tops, no go. We thought we had the problem solved but it turned out one of the height sensors was sticking and now that it has been replaced, I appear to be good. This could be your issue too as the height sensor worked sometimes and at other times wouldn't move, throwing a code.

Post #136468327th Oct 2014 1:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >