Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Safari Snorkel installed, my weekend project
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DiscoNels

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Safari Snorkel installed, my weekend project

Well, it took a full day but I was able to get the Safari Snorkel installed. Looks rather nice. Here's a picture. You'll notice the nice duct taped rear side window that was broken by a tree. Major tree scrapage last weekend when I was out wheeling. Good thing the snorkel wansn't on or that would have been broken to bits as the side signal was torn off and I almost lost my mirror.

So much carnage to my truck. It was a very difficult trail. The worst thing is I slashed a tire on sharp rock so now I'm looking at $350 USD to get replaced and my alloy wheels are getting badly bent up and even losing metal on the edges.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 249,000+ miles, completely stock
2007 Range Rover SC - White, 63,000 mi
2006 Discovery 3 HSE - Locking E-Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Cooper STT PRO, LLAMS suspension controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff, Tactical 4x4 (Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper, and Front Bumper w/12K winch), Traxide Split Charge System, Overland Solar + Lensun Solar panels
BBS Nanocom Evolution and Gap Diagnostics IID BT Tool 

Post #135698012th Oct 2014 9:52 pm
Bobs

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Adds character .... Thumbs Up
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
D4 rear upgrade - Narpys helped with that bit
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.
B.A.S - FBHIC. Uncle Rays spare wheel protector. Beanie Silver Black badges. 

Post #135699312th Oct 2014 10:05 pm
A.J.M

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I really like the snorkel. Same silver car and it looks the business.

I want one, i keep saving up for one and when i'm nearly there. Something comes along and takes the cash away.. Rolling Eyes Laughing

How did you manage to smash a window?

Post #135700912th Oct 2014 10:32 pm
DiscoNels

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

A.J.M. wrote:
...How did you manage to smash a window?

Wheeling near trees. You wheel, get into tight spots, slip and slide from side to side and eventually make contact. Second trek this year it has happened, but this was multiple touches in on a single trail. Every panel on the right side of the truck is now dented from trees. Doesn't look too bad but it's adding up. Before last weekend it was only a single panel.

I seriously don't think a snorkel would have survived last weekends trail ride, the trees would have taken it off.

Here is a video of the trail the 5 of us wheeled which was taken by some Jeep'ers. There was a D110, RR Classic, D90, my D3, and a heavy modified Series 109.

Watch the trail in the video (ignore the jeeps). Although the video contains NO Landy's just imagine yourself in your vehicle on this trail. Big rocks, tight sections with trees, rock ledges, some rain, and some snow in the air. http://youtu.be/gHsQWfP-3Lo Just skip around the video and get a feel for the terrain.
 1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 249,000+ miles, completely stock
2007 Range Rover SC - White, 63,000 mi
2006 Discovery 3 HSE - Locking E-Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Cooper STT PRO, LLAMS suspension controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff, Tactical 4x4 (Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper, and Front Bumper w/12K winch), Traxide Split Charge System, Overland Solar + Lensun Solar panels
BBS Nanocom Evolution and Gap Diagnostics IID BT Tool 

Post #135707413th Oct 2014 4:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >