DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

CAN-LOCK for JLR vehicles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
CAN-LOCK for JLR vehicles

It has now been a couple of weeks since my first response to the LR security Issues thread
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic119397-56.html
that has recently raised awareness on this forum and in the media of the problem where Later Keyless type LR Vehicles could be so easily stolen by using equipment capable of learning a new Key that even insurance companies were refusing to insure them by announcing that we had developed a product specifically designed to be retro fitted by owners that would totally combat and eradicate this risk and menace. Something LR are simply not able to do.

In development stages we called this project ISO-LOCK, but in moving toward production have since changed it's name to a more specific CAN-LOCK name.

Many may wonder and ask what the CAN-LOCK actually does, So I have had my team knock up a small, short demo video we have just posted on You Tube, so you can see exactly what it does for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-deKrZBndCU&feature=youtu.be

No tricks, all done in one take, you can see for yourself that when connected anywhere on the CAN BUS the CAN-LOCK makes the keyless Module totally dissapear to any and all equipment trying to communicate with it, even just to check it exists at all Thumbs Up

Post #137353914th Nov 2014 5:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco5

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Well done presentation short and precise .

Post #137357614th Nov 2014 6:24 pm
anglefire

England 

I think it must have worked on the video too - over half was a black screen Rolling with laughter

Does look good, presumably, it still allows the car to function normally, it just means it can't be "cloned" by the crims?
 Mark.
2006, D3 SE Auto - gone but not forgotten.
2014 BMW 530d M Sport Tourer.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Post #137360714th Nov 2014 7:12 pm
JonM

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

How much are these? Are they suitable for diy fitting (and supplied with instructions on where / how to fit them)? Are they available yet?
 MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price! - So good I bought another!
MY2012 D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - retired to a new home

Post #137362014th Nov 2014 7:39 pm
lad

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Now watching this topic. Thumbs Up I was thinking of splitting the earth wire with a secret switch so the obd socket wouldn't work at all but this device maybe a better solution Thumbs Up

Obviously not on my D3. Whistle

Post #137371114th Nov 2014 10:30 pm
Paddy0174

Bavaria And Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I'm in! As long as it does not black out my Disco for a half of the time (like the video...) Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Is there a group buy option arriving soon? Thumbs Up

Oh, and another question: is this only for the keyless vehicles or for others as well??
 Cheers Patrick from Munich

Disco4 HSE / corris grey / MY 15
Harley Davidson FLHTCU / red / MY 91
VW Beetle Cabrio / toffeebrown / MY 14 

Post #137401215th Nov 2014 4:10 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Thanks Guys Thumbs Up

I realise that it is easier to understand how the CAN-LOCK device actually works when you see it in action.

Hence the demo Video, but I guess my chaps rushed it a little too much to get it availaible and posted up in time for this weekend, and so there is a bit of Black screen after the Video part that I will have sorted on Monday after giving someone due hell for that Whistle

anglefire:
Quote:
it still allows the car to function normally

Of course it has absolutely no effect on the Vehicle or Keyless Vehicle Modules normal function whatsoever. In fact I have happily had one fitted in my own vehicle for over a year now.

Quote:
it can't be "cloned" by the crims?

As you see on the Video, from the moment CAN-LOCK is connected, the Keyless Vehicle Module becomes diagnostially invisible and no equipment trying to diagnostically access it, even Land Rovers own SDD equipment can no longer see it or communicate with it at all for any puporse, reason or requirement.

JonM
Quote:
How much are these?

The price is yet to be announced, however I can tell you that they will certainly be less than £100 and there will likely be in introductary discount offer to forum members.

Quote:
Are they suitable for diy fitting?

DIY Fitting suitability would really depend on a persons skill level, but I would say fitting a CAN-LOCK is not that different from retro fitting a Dash cam, reverse Cam or other simple accessory.

Quote:
(and supplied with instructions on where / how to fit them)

Of course the CAN-LOCK will come with fitting instructions, and a whole host of suggestions as to where it could be fitted to pick from.
However as the CAN BUS runs almost everywhere in the vehicle and the whole point is to pick somewhere only the owner would know, the instructions will be quite generalised in this respect

Of course for the Demo Video, the entire point was to show the CAN-LOCK being connected in very visible place on the vehicles wiring loom and of course to show that it can be connected in places that have nothing to do with the OBDII socket.

I expect it to be available in days, and will post up here as soon as it is.

Paddy0174:
Have no fear re pricing and discounting, I do not intend to profiteer from this, but provide an affordable and total solution as well as look after members of Martins Forums as I always have.

Quote:
Oh, and another question: is this only for the keyless vehicles or for others as well?

Right now the main problem we are addressing with the CAN-LOCK is the easy theft of Keyless vehicles by learning new Keys.

However I am not oblivious to the fact that this event has made many quite aware and concerned as to what else can be diagnostically done to their vehicles over the CAN BUS without the vehicle owners consent.

If there is sufficient demand and interest, the CAN-LOCK is actually capable of being expanded to a degree that could provide a huge variety of user selectable options that could inhibit anything from diagnostic access to any or all ECU's or just specific functions like EMS or CCF flashing.

ATB

Colin

Post #137405615th Nov 2014 5:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

apart from JLR what other vehicles would/could this work on...?
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #137427616th Nov 2014 5:11 am
fisherman

Wales 

My Father in Law told me this was on the news just days after I bought my D4 with smart key entry. I thought he was winding me up but there you go. apologies due in that direction, how it makes national news but not Google is beyond me! Rolling Eyes
All I found was that the British Assoc of Motor Insurers had credited the smart key with the 7% drop in car theft. Nice one Google! Thumbs Up

Censored
 FFRR 2017 4.4SDV8 Autobiography. Cost so much I must be mad!
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!
D3 HSE 2006 (Almost 8 years together, true love)
Land Cruiser VX 1994 11 years together, wife cried when I p/ex'd for my D3 

Post #137428816th Nov 2014 7:51 am
Cam-Tech-Craig

United Kingdom 2015 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyLR4

Can anyone explain how the crims are getting into these cars too please? I presume the car ignition does not need to be switched on to enable this?
 15.5MY XS in Corris Grey with Black & Almond leather  
Post #137435716th Nov 2014 10:48 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

amazing:
The CAN BUS is just a physical network type communication Protocol that joins all of the vehicles ECU's together and provides a way for them to all communicate with each other.

The CAN BUS is used in most modern vehicles.
However, the data that passes over the CAN BUS varies by manufacturer.

JLR, still use data communication defined by Ford, which of course, as part of our job role, we are very conversant with all aspects of. So this CAN-LOCK device would also work as is on any Keyless entry Land Rovers, Jaguars, Fords, Volvos and Aston Martins to name but a few of the vehicles using Ford defined technolgy for their keyless entry.

However we could also reletively quickly produce something that would protect other manufactureres Vehicles, like BMW, in the same way.

fisherman:
Google provides results only based on what you type in.
Do a search for "land rover key learn" to produce a list which includes some you tube videos that show how quick and easy it is to learn a new key to even the Latest LR models.
Watching some of these will make the hair on owners necks stand on end but put a smile on criminals faces.

I think my favourite is this one which specifically shows that a new key can be learned even when the alarm is going off. I will leave it to you to figure out why they showed this Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWaP1zqhwXc

Cam-Tech-Craig:
From a simple Brick through the window, through forcing the door lock and to some sophisticated Code Grabbing device, it is clear that thieves are indeed somehow able to gain initial entry.

The CAN-LOCK does not require the Ignition to be on, nor will it drain your battery overnight.

All I can tell you is that the CAN-LOCK does exactly what it needs to do when it needs to do it as it was specifically designed for and as as shown on the Video without any drawbacks or negative aspects.

ATB

Colin

Post #137500717th Nov 2014 4:40 pm
fisherman

Wales 

Nuff said Colin, how much and when do I get one? Thumbs Up
 FFRR 2017 4.4SDV8 Autobiography. Cost so much I must be mad!
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!
D3 HSE 2006 (Almost 8 years together, true love)
Land Cruiser VX 1994 11 years together, wife cried when I p/ex'd for my D3 

Post #137501517th Nov 2014 4:50 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

It will be on our web shop with retail price before the end of the week, but watch out here as i will be providing a Launch discount for Forum members and be posting up the discount code Thumbs Up

Post #137552818th Nov 2014 3:04 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

And will this work with all JLR cars with keyless?
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #137571418th Nov 2014 8:01 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Of course NoDo$h

As you might imagine I have been paying particular attention in this aspect and note that In the last couple of years JLR have introduced a number of changes in an effort to combat this security loop hole, including newer versions of the Keyless Entry modules, software updates and so on. In essence they have effectively changed the Locks, but since every time they change the lock, they also have to provide the New Key to dealers via the SDD and EU legislation mandates to everyone else, they are just moving the goalpost in the hope that any third party equipment produced to learn keys won't work on the newer locks.

The CAN-LOCK works the same regardless of whatever hardware or software version of Keyless Vehicle module is fitted to the vehicle.

As seeing is believing, here is another follow up video to our first demo Video showing the CAN-LOCK also doing its stuff on a Brand new L405 Range Rover yesterday, and by Brand New I mean it has not even had number plates fitted yet Thumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GbAGkx3AoY&feature=youtu.be

ATB

Colin

Post #137619519th Nov 2014 4:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >