Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Black Widow in receivership
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
motolite

Australia 
Black Widow in receivership

Black Widow enterprises have gone into receivership. So no more Drawer systems or Cargo barriers.

Post #141574428th Jan 2015 1:16 am
rsp

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Drawers and Cargo Barrier

In case anyone is looking for drawers and a cargo barrier for a D3/4 I got both from Drifta Camping and 4WD who are based in Gloucester NSW. Just back from a trip up the Oodnadatta and Strzelecki tracks and also stopping at Dalhousie Springs. Everything worked well and it took very little time to remove it all at the end of the trip. The one thing I bought and did not use was the drawer separators. The slide-out table that sits above the driver side drawer was vey useful.

I got two drawers fitted side by side and a drop down fridge slide on the passenger side. One issue was that the slide was right up against the 12v outlet and I had to install a replacement on the shelf directly above the original one and then moved the wires.

One thing to look out for is to keep the power cable out of the way of the fridge slide as I wrecked one power cable as it got caught. A bungee chord that was attached to the passenger side rearmost roof grip and looped around the cable plus some cable ties onto the slide frame solved the problem. Another option is to install a 12v outlet on the rear trim close to the passenger rear door. That will help keep the chord away.

If you leave your spare wheel underneath, they can provide direct access to raise and lower it it without needing to pull out the drawers. Whilst I did not order that option, I found that I could still get access by removing the drawers but without having to remove the drawer slides/frame.

The above was not a cheap exercise but further trips should see a good return.
 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE, Auto, White, Rear Diff Lock. ARB BB, Traxide DBS, GME TX3540S, Safari Snorkel, IIDTool-BT, Doran TPMS, Rijidij Spare Wheel Carrier, Two side by side Drifta drawers, cargo barrier and drop down fridge slide, ARB 47l Fridge, Yokohama A/Ts and out of date 17" Cooper STTs.  
Post #15402675th Oct 2015 10:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >