Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 26 <123 ... 789 ... 242526>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Fog light holes now properly cut. I will sand them down a bit when I get the bezels, but looks a lot better now that the holes are even. Just got the nudge bar to re-fit tomorrow morning. And then pack and leave for the London 2 Brighton run. Looking forward to the night away in hotel.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #15387052nd Oct 2015 10:14 pm
disco-nut

I had great fun last weekend, I did the London 2 Brighton Run.

Got some amazing advice from the service manager at Gigglepin regarding the state of repair to my car too. And also learned from Kent Trailer Training that you can tow over 750KG trailers / Caravans etc... if you don't have B+E as long as you have L plates on both the trailer and the car and have someone who passed their test before 1997 who has B+E on their license with you Smile

And that if you train in an Auto for the B+E, you can only tow in an Auto. So will be making sure I use a manual vehicle when I come to do the training and test.

Although not sure now if it will be done in my current D3 or a replacement D3 if this one is written off.

Click image to enlarge

Nudge Bar refitted ready for the L2B run.

Click image to enlarge

Post #15407296th Oct 2015 10:43 pm
disco-nut

I am finally getting somewhere with my insurance company and the repairs.

After some arguing today, they gave me a Mercedes S Class as a hire car which I collected today.

And the Discovery is off to Harwoods in Edenbridge tomorrow morning. So now the Merc is full of my belongings lol

Fingers crossed I actually end up with my baby properly repaired.

Click image to enlarge

Post #15411987th Oct 2015 6:53 pm
RandomKamikaze

United Kingdom 

What an absolute nightmare!

Hopefully you will get some progress now. The D3 looks good in the pictures above.

And don't forget, while you've got a hire car, you've got the fastest car in the World Laughing
 Disco gone Sad  
Post #15412417th Oct 2015 8:08 pm
geoff.

England 

disco-nut wrote:

the Discovery is off to Harwoods in Edenbridge tomorrow morning.

my local dealer Whistle

Post #15412477th Oct 2015 8:13 pm
disco-nut

Harwoods Edenbridge cancelled taking it on Shocked

The Discovery has been sent to Five Oaks where Harwoods have their Audi Dealership which is a annoying for me as it is around 2 hours drive from me, so I can't just pop in and check up on it. And my faith might be misguided, but I feel more at ease knowing it is with a reputable main dealer. So I am really hoping that it either comes back repaired properly or it gets written off. And the annoying thing is, it seems highly unlikely at this stage that I will get my car back before the MOT expires! And if I do get it back quickish then I still have to take it in for an MOT. The test is already booked ready but not at Harwoods.

But for now I can't complain too much as I have a brand new Merc S class to play with with under 300 miles on the clocks, and for a 3.0 diesel that weighs the same as the D3, it is damn good on fuel! I am quite impressed. But I will never buy one as nice as it is. I just can't get Land Rover out of my veins lol.

And I have already got the Merc muddier than I have ever gotten the Discovery lol Poor thing. I need to clean it tomorrow.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #15420009th Oct 2015 1:40 am
disco-nut

NOT in a good mood. My insurance company have now had 2 episodes of, sorry, we don't know where you car is at the moment. It SHOULD BE at such and such. So feeling rather angry. The Mercedes is nice, don't get me wrong, but I am now getting sick of this situation. All I want is a solid answer as to what on earth is going on with my Discovery. I am now getting more stressed though as it is getting closer and closer to the MOT expiry date. Literally just over 2 weeks until it is supposed to be going in for its test which is booked. But I just want to know weather I should start looking for a new Discovery or if I should be getting excited and awaiting the return of mine back.

This whole nightmare just doesn't seem real. I know I will look back and laugh one day, but this is unbelievably stressful.

Post #154436214th Oct 2015 2:03 am
disco-nut

Providing that nothing else goes wrong, Between hospital and doctors appointments Thursday, I should be getting the final answer about my Discovery. I am stuck on how I feel though at the moment. On 1 hand, I have found several worthy replacements, and on the other I would love to have my Discovery back provided that it is actually repaired properly this time. Sort of hoping for the money though as I have fallen in love with a Java Black HSE Auto that is sitting in Essex that comes with a warranty, full service history and has just had all the belts etc... done.

Post #154495015th Oct 2015 1:39 am
disco-nut

Another day of the insurance company making me feel extremely frustrated.

I emailed the complaints adviser in the morning, and at time that she was leaving the office I got an email asking what time would be convenient to call me on Friday to discuss my car.

Feeling burnt after being lied to by Car Craft in September, I have asked that whatever the outcome they have decided with my car to be told to me by email. Weather it is to write it off or weather it is to repair it.

And if they state that there are no repairs needed, then I am going to be going to the ombudsmen as I know that car is not right. I have a lot of other people to deal with tomorrow (contractors) sorting out my property, so I don't want to be dealing with the insurance company on the phone as well.

Fingers crossed that I will FINALLY get an answer about my car.

Post #154546616th Oct 2015 12:54 am
disco-nut

My Discovery is coming home on Monday 19th. And then going off for an independent assessment as I am still not happy. I know I come across like Victer Meldrew, But this is my pride and joy. The MOT is booked for the 30th October, so lets see if that brings up anything. But on the 20th or 21st I am taking it to M-Tech in Hastings to looked over with me present. Plus getting some quotes for other work to be done.

But DLG have deemed the repairs as acceptable and have stopped Harwoods Audi of Five Oaks from being able to tell me exactly what there findings were.

So I am not happy at all!

Post #154596916th Oct 2015 11:56 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
I know I come across like Victer Meldrew

Well...............I guess you got that right. Thud
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #154597717th Oct 2015 12:53 am
disco-nut

I finally got it home. I will be taking it to M-Tech on Wednesday.

After a huge stuff up by greenflag who for some reason drove to Coulsdon and wondered why the Discovery wasn't there, and then found out that the car was at the last location in Five Oaks that THEY dumped it last!

So instead of my car arriving around mid day. I got it back about 8.30pm. So didn't get to see it in daylight. However I am not satisfied that the car was looked at properly as the miles haven't even gone up by more than .8 of a mile. So surely wouldn't be able to test it on the road long enough for that?!

Click image to enlarge

Post #154756620th Oct 2015 12:05 am
disco-nut

ROUND 4, DING DING!!!

My car had an independent inspection, all work that had been said was done, had been done apart from the rear handle, but to a poor but safe standard!

The rear lower bootlid needs to be repainted. The engineer from my insurance company who inspected my car last has been caught out on a lie! And for this I have a written apology. Now the car is going back to Car Craft as I begrudgingly have to let them inspect the poor paint job and correct it!

So HIRE car number 3, here I come. But not until the beginning of November as the MOT test is booked for the 30th. Fingers crossed it will fly through.

M-Tech were the company I used to inspect my car while I was there, and they were really helpful and nice and dealt with my insurance company for me. I had hoped that they would get the corrective job, and did try and push for it to go to them for the final work.

However once my injuries payout has arrived, I am leaving the car with M-Tech in Hastings and having the black trims all colour coded. So I will lose the car for a week for this, but at least it will be gone knowing it is not for repairs and will be coming home looking even better.

Post #154968123rd Oct 2015 7:55 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I'm not sure what you've gained from all this as it was never totally clear exactly what it was you wanted or expected and exactly what your written apology means is actually quite unclear.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on you but IMHO there is always a compromise or some common ground to be found that benefits all parties without all the stress and hassle you appear to have been subjected to.

I do wish you good luck with it when you're finally reunited with your D3. Thumbs Up
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Last edited by Narpy on 23rd Oct 2015 9:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #154972823rd Oct 2015 8:43 pm
Disco dazboy

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Narpy I just think he wants his D3 repaired to a good standard and not left with a shoddy job! What was he ment to do just keep quiet and put up with it? Whistle
 D3 x2 now gone
Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 4motion 

Post #154973723rd Oct 2015 8:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 26 <123 ... 789 ... 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >