Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 26 <123 ... 8910 ... 242526>
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I understand that and fully appreciated it but like I said above, you often have to look for common ground to save winding yourself up into a frenzy and not getting your car back for weeks and weeks which is what has happened in this case. Rolling Eyes
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #154974623rd Oct 2015 8:58 pm
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I don't think you would sit back and accept your car back with shoddy repairs would you Narpy?

I have been extremely worried by the fact that because the crossmember was hit so hard that if I tow with it, which I do, but not since the accident, that the safety is compromised. And it wasn't just 1 thing that was an issue with the repairs, it was a whole list, coupled with Car Craft in a statement actually said to the insurance company that they were told to do the work as cheaply as possible. And the lies, where I phoned up to get an update on a rough date of the job being finished and was told that I was on the phone, that the boot floor and rear crash bar were being done, but when I popped down the next day, the car had been stripped, and dumped outside, unsecure with electrical connectors left exposed. Then when I was given an estimated date of the car being finished, I popped down, and found my car unlocked, dents painted over, and no badges but the bodyshop manager stood there and told me that the car was finished. But it was also covered in mud.

Then upon delivery, the seats were stained, the car was shaking when it was being driven, found the paint had appeared to of been dried with a heat gun as the rear light has now got stress cracks in it right next to where the paint has come off, parts were missing that were meant to be replaced and the car wasn't driving right. Oh and not to mention that my Discovery gained over 180 miles where it had been driven repeatedly instead of transported to other locations for little jobs.

So damn straight I stood up and said something.

I then had the car sent to a main dealer, which by the way, my insurance company over the period of several days had lost my car and the recovery agent had DUMPED my car by the wrong dealer, who was only able to contact me as I had left a letter on the passenger seat.

The car was then transported to the correct location and then upon return the recovery agent LOST my car. Thank you Greenflag! And instead of getting my car at approximately 10am, it was delivered at 8.30pm as the 1st recovery driver became uncontactable so no one knew where my car was or the recovery agent!

And while I was waiting for it to come home, the insurance company assured me that the ENGINEER from DLG had polished out the marks, which I knew were actually missing chunks of paint.

The car arrived and I will give them there due, the bootlid all of a sudden lined up properly and the biggest stain appears to have had an attempt at being cleaned off. But sure as hell the paint chunks were still missing and nothing else had changed.

So I had it independently inspected, and everything that I knew was confirmed apart from me thinking the car was dangerous. That I was wrong about. But what do you expect me to think after such a large impact.

The company who did the final inspection for me spoke to my insurance company, and all of a sudden they are all apologetic for lying and the quality of the repair.

So I will settle for the bootlid paint being done, providing that my car does not fail the MOT on anything mechanical that is related to the accident as I have told the insurance company about a knocking noise coming from the back end, but it has been on one of those jiggling ramps and nothing obvious was found and I was told the car components underneath shouldn't fail an MOT.

However the garage who are doing the MOT are not aware the car has been in an accident so it will be interesting to see what is said.

And as this car is my absolute pride and joy, I want it sorted properly.

And on top of the above, I have already got a company priced up to spray all of my black bits on the Discovery which I will be looking to get done. Sadly that will mean another whole week of no Disco but at least it will be for a positive reason.

M-Tech have quoted me £500 to do all the black bits how I want them done. However there is another company on Facebook which I don't have the details to hand that will do exchange bumpers and wheel arch trims at £300 which I though was reasonable.

But I have a lot planned in the near future which includes,

Doulble din BT, TV, Sat Nav head unit with reverse camera,
Spotlights,
Front fog lights,
New complete clutch kit including DMF,
Plus ALL oils front to back,
Possibly polybush ARB's,
Rear parking sensors too. But need the brain, speaker and loom,
Fixed towbar too.

Post #154981423rd Oct 2015 10:51 pm
Narpy

disco-nut wrote:
I don't think you would sit back and accept your car back with shoddy repairs would you Narpy?

As you've asked the question, no I wouldn't. Wink
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Long Roof Rails

Post #154983024th Oct 2015 12:32 am
disco-nut

Sorry for getting sharp with my tongue in the last reply Narpy.

I don't think I had explained a lot of what has properly been going on with my repairs before I replied to your comment.

Been so wrapped up in getting the car sorted. Can't say I didn't enjoy the last hire car though lol

Post #154983224th Oct 2015 12:42 am
disco-nut

Not sure if I am going mad or not, but have just spoken to someone who is selling there diesel Freelander 1 convertable, it needs work and is high mileage but thinking about adding it to the family, It wouldn't replace the Discovery though.

Post #154983324th Oct 2015 1:09 am
Narpy

Don't apologise, there was no insult taken at all. Wink

You've maybe learnt many things from this tale, I do however hope you learnt not to get so engrossed where others should really be taking over. It would save an awful lot of hassle and worry on your part.
My old mum used to say to me when I was younger (and you'd probably appreciate this now), "Children and fools should never see things half done". Probably rings true..................and no, I'm not insulting you. Wink

Have faith, it usually comes good in the end. Wink

.............and forget about that Freelander, you really would be going bonkers if you got that. Shocked
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Long Roof Rails

Post #154983524th Oct 2015 1:19 am
disco-nut

Whoops, made a bit of a muck up today lol

I thought I had shut all the windows before I got out at the jet wash. And must have accidentally knocked the drivers window button as I got out. And as there are wind deflectors I didn't notice from the outside that the window was open by a few inches.

So my dashboard, drivers door card, centre console and drivers seat got wet Sad

So spent ages drying it out and then had to suffocate myself and my other half all the way home with the heating on full lol.

Luckily everything seems to work and I have been keeping the heating on full whenever I use it since that incident lol.

Post #155042825th Oct 2015 1:49 am
disco-nut

My Landy's temporary replacement came today. 2015 reg Toyota Land Cruiser. I have to say the suspension feels like you are riding an old Massy tractor! And for such a huge car on the outside, the cabin space for the driver is actually very cramped. Gear change is not smooth and very lazy. I am not impressed. BUT it is better than walking lol and although the S class was offered back to me, I refused this time as I needed the boot space with upcoming events.

The Disco has got the MOT which I am dreading on Friday and it will be going back to the garage I don't trust on Monday for another assessment which should lead to rectification work.

Click image to enlarge

Post #155261329th Oct 2015 2:18 am
jonnybgud

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Shocked looks like a motor home Thumbs Up

nice to see you on here Jae Thumbs Up
 Admin on Facebook Discovery 3 & 4 Ownersgroup

Cambelt, Fuel Pump Belt, Oil Pump & Water pump replaced by Flack

Mods:

D4 Conversion (front & rear)
BAS (Bodsy) remap + EGR Delete
FBH Smart Controller
D4 Screen/Navigation 

Post #155264729th Oct 2015 9:30 am
disco-nut

Cheers Jonny, and surprisingly the new Land Cruisers are very cramped inside! I have more room in the Disco lol

Wish me luck for tomorrow. It is D Day lol No offence intended. But MOT day. I am totally bricking it.

But tonight it has finally had its much needed and long awaited front wiper blades fitted.

I only have 1 issue about tomorrow. I don't know where the garage my family uses has got his other new site lol I only know the town and rough area it's on lol So now it is time to go internet hunting and find the address lol

I will be back on with the results tomorrow evening.

Post #155306629th Oct 2015 11:27 pm
disco-nut

MOT Passed. That was 1 of my big worries for the last couple of weeks. The front wipers were replaced before the MOT and only 1 advisory was issued.

Noisy front passenger wheel bearing. So as soon as I have some money again which will probably be end of November / Beginning of December, I will be contacting Geoff. to get the front bearings done as a pair.

But now I only get to enjoy my car 1 more journey at most and then it is off the body shop again to see if Car Craft will agree to do the rectification work that my insurance company have agreed needs doing! If not, then I get to choose the garage I want it sent to which will be M-Tech.

I have chosen M-Tech based on a combination of reviews, and physically seeing there work which I am impressed with. I do actually hope that Car Craft refuse to do the rectification work so that I can send it back to M-Tech. But we shall see.

But I am now ultra pleased that my car is deemed safe officially with its shiny new MOT.

I was in such a good mood, I even bought one of the charity teddies from Mcdonalds on the way home lol

Click image to enlarge

Post #155366131st Oct 2015 1:02 am
disco-nut

Insurance company have failed to collect the Discovery and are trying to tell me that the Discovery is at the garage already with the work that needed to be done, re done, and waiting to be delivered.

The photo on this post is of my car. It has not even been collected for the repairs yet.

They have now extended the hire car term while they investigate this situation and the person who is in charge of my case is now on Holiday. Not sure how long for.

I gotta laugh. Or I will cry.

Click image to enlarge

Post #15560264th Nov 2015 7:48 pm
disco-nut

I still have both the Land Cruiser hire vehicle and the Discovery at home! Shocked Rolling Eyes

Car Craft tried to pull a fast one and have gone from telling my insurance company and the hire company that my car is finished and ready to be delivered back to me, to stating that they will not accept the car back to do correctional work as I have complained about the original work standards that they have done!

My insurance company offered me £150 to get the lower tailgate resprayed myself, which after talking to M-Tech before I knew sounded too cheap, so I considered the offer until I found out the real cost of the respray and when the quote came back at £480, I told the insurance company politely to shove that offer. And have told them that I either want the cost of the repair cleared in my account before I hand my car over, or they pay the repair company directly. And I want the hire vehicle until my car has been done.

I will hear back at some point today as to what they say. But in all fairness with the standard of the repairs that have been done, I actually would rather I get a few thousand pounds, so that I can go and get all the repairs they did, redone to a higher standard.

Also, Land Rover customer relations have been pretty good so far, and fingers crossed that I will be getting a fixed tow bar fitted soon. Just awaiting a call from them this week to discuss it further.

And the Land Cruiser is a pile of poo! It has only just covered 1800 miles and already has a gearbox fault with poor gear changes, gear box is whining, dash electrics dying and playing up and a miss fire. And this cruiser is about 6 weeks old. Totally put off of them. And will have to deal with the AA tomorrow if the problem gets worse. But for now, I am driving as is as the hire company don't have any other 4x4's that are suitable.

Post #15584029th Nov 2015 5:56 am
disco-nut

The end is near, After a bit of arguing and bartering, managed to get my insurance company to agree to pay for the bootlid to be resprayed, but the compromise is, They are paying me directly to pay the bodyshop! But I get to keep the hire car until the day I get my Discovery back. Which means about 3-4 weeks of the hire car. Which is next on my list to deal with. As the Land Cruiser has got many problems! Missfire, dodgy electrics in the dash and gearbox issues lol. Not bad for a 65 reg motor that is about 7 weeks old and has covered just 1800 miles lol.

So tomorrow I am getting the D3 booked in for the work, Plus got to call the AA to come out and either sort the Land Cruiser out or take it away and have another hire car delivered.

I really am not happy that my insurance company has deemed the substandard repairs as acceptable though. So I am looking into going to the ombudsman about the state of my car when I got it back as I am not going to have to slowly get bits done at my own expense. But at least it is roadworthy. And once it is back, Geoff. will be getting a call from me lol as I need my wheel bearings done.

Post #155893710th Nov 2015 1:09 am
disco-nut

Last ramble for a week or so. The Discovery is booked in for the correctional work for a weeks time. Can't wait. Also while it is in, I decided to get them to paint the top half of my mirrors. I might see about getting 2 other panels done like the boot handle and the black panel on the boot lid maybe.

Post #155937510th Nov 2015 9:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 9 of 26 <123 ... 8910 ... 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >