Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 26 <123 ... 121314 ... 242526>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

My Discovery now has a load cover, Very Happy Laughing

I know that isn't a big deal to a lot of people, but thanks to the storage/lack of suitable storage holes in the Discovery which seems to have been a flaw in all its marks, I was not able to keep the stuff that I usually do in case of emergencies. I just need a half height dog guard next to stop 1 of my dogs from being a swine and jumping over the headrests lol.

I have been very ill for a couple of days with my disabilities, so the Disco is not being used for a few days until I am well enough to go out. Hopefully I will be ok for the K.A.M on Friday. But we shall see.

Post #159957726th Jan 2016 9:37 am
disco-nut

Finally got the light guards fitted properly, had to wire brush the screws and grease them up as the brackets were a bit caked up inside. But got there in the end. Also got the replacement LED's fitted as the first 2 badly overheated and melted.

And the LED duel function strips arrived in the post today Very Happy But will be adding the to do in the summer pile lol.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #160193930th Jan 2016 8:00 pm
disco-nut

Got an update on the brake fault issue. Recently the brakes started squealing louder than ever, So did some minor investigation, A stone has embedded itself into my passenger rear outer brake pad and has put a minor score into my nice recent brake discs. NOT happy.

As soon as the Mondeo has been for its MOT in February and robbed our bank account, the Discovery will be back in the limelight for attention.

Another problem I have too, is my Service record book and logbook have vanished since moving at the hands of my other half. So I am not a happy bunny.

Post #160207031st Jan 2016 1:13 am
disco-nut

A year ago today, the bank agreed to give us a loan so I could get a replacement car to my Discovery 2 which had pushed my patience too far.

The 9th will be a year since I went to the dealership with the sole intentions of wasting there time and seeing if I could cope with driving the manual version of the D3 after finding the clutch of the D2's too heavy, and ended up putting a deposit on my D3.

Last edited by disco-nut on 8th Feb 2016 5:54 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #16066008th Feb 2016 12:47 am
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
.......................................which had pushed my patients too far.

Pushed your patients too far eh, I'm sure you mean "patience".....................................doctor. Mr. Green
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #16066458th Feb 2016 9:45 am
disco-nut

Cheers Narpy, Laughing Grammar now corrected.

I am now forced into a position where I am having to consider selling my Discovery to obtain the help of a solicitor to stop my neighbours constant harassment, I have been arrested 2 times this year already falsely, The 2nd time being today and I am awaiting the evidence the police have now obtained to clear me. However I need to either take an injuction out on this person or fund a move. Thanks to the lies he has told, I am facing eviction from my home of which an appeal date to the eviction is being set, and I am prepared to go as far as court, and have even contact my local newspaper.

But selling my baby is something I am seriously considering. Hopefully I won't have to. But only time will tell.

Post #16068538th Feb 2016 5:59 pm
Disco dazboy

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Sorry to hear about your nutty neighbour! Must be a nightmare living next to them everyday! I'm sure things will get sorted out in the end! Thumbs Up
 D3 x2 now gone
Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 4motion 

Post #16068988th Feb 2016 7:09 pm
disco-nut

That was an expensive day, car insurance renewed, although at least we managed to save around 45% off of last years premium and I stayed away from DLG, so I am happy.

Bought some trim clips and now the drivers door trim is no longer flapping Smile

And had bad news about my car accident in August. I have been told by my physio therapist that I have got some life long health complications from the accident, which will stop me from being able to drive in the future. But basically I will be having therapy for life Rolling Eyes

I also treated the Discovery to a new genuine rear wiper.

Post #160980913th Feb 2016 11:31 pm
disco-nut

I received a mystery package from UPS, I have been too busy to open it today, but I suspect it is the headlights from Beanie. I will open the package a bit later.

Tomorrow marks 1 whole year of having my Discovery 3.

Post #161136216th Feb 2016 11:21 pm
disco-nut

Click image to enlarge

1 Whole year with my Discovery 3. 11 More days and the Mondeo will have been with me a year too. It is a record.

Post #161141217th Feb 2016 2:52 am
disco-nut

Thank you Beanie, I have now unpacked the head lights you sold me, I can't wait for the weather to pick up so that I can modify them and fit them Smile

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I don't think my D3 has seen as much mud as these lights have lol. So I will be giving them a clean before I head to bed tonight.

Post #161185117th Feb 2016 10:58 pm
disco-nut

Damn Mondeo GRRR, Took it for it's MOT and it failed on 3 things and had 1 advisory, So I paid for the 3 fails to be done as they were 2 tyres and a wheel bearing, and a couple of miles up the road, the other rear wheel bearing went which was the advisory, So today that Mondeo sank £325 and tomorrow it will sink a further £144. However once that job is done, The Discovery will be getting some attention Smile

I am going to be fitting the rear LED lights in the bumper and wiring them up this time. I have decided against having the rear lights on with the DRL relay, but I am also hoping to pull the lights that I bought from Narpy apart and paint them as well as fit the LED DRL/Indicator strips, and maybe even by the end of the day have them fitted. And the front fog lights are going to be fitted as well although I haven't decided as to weather I am going to put them on a standard loom and fit a new light switch that has the front fog option on it or weather to put them on a relay on an aftermarket loom and connect them to the main beams like spot lights rather than fog lights. I am swaying more towards the 2nd option for the fog lights at the moment.

This will be a nice distraction from my current situation.

Post #161238718th Feb 2016 11:39 pm
disco-nut

Really not happy, firstly finally got the Mondeo repaired and it now drives like a dream after nearly £500 being thrown at it, so I thought I would be kind and delivered it to my other halfs work to save me having to do the work run again today of which my Mum kindly followed me then gave me a lift home, She reversed down the road (slowly thankfully) and next thing I feel is her car bounce forwards as she reversed into the front of my bloody Discovery! Luckily there was no visible damage, just a little bit of her paint left on my reg plate and nudge bar which has now been cleaned off.

I was going to pull the new headlights apart today, and start modifying them, but to be blunt, I can't be ar***d and I am totally worn out. Tomorrow the Discovery will be getting the rear bumper LED's fitted and maybe even the rear light guards, but not sure yet, as I will be using my parents drive again.

But Sunday if the weather is good I am planning on modifying the other headlights.

Also finally tracked down a set of spot lights, just waiting to agree on a price, and then can collect and now waiting for Geoff. to confirm a date that he can put up with me on to sort my EPB out lol

Just glad the Mondeo needs no more attention for at least a couple of weeks.

Post #161266219th Feb 2016 4:34 pm
disco-nut

I finally got round to starting the modifications to the headlights, 1st one took me over an hour, the second one took me 25 minutes Shocked

But today I could only go as far as taking them apart. Soo many screws including a sneaky begger that took me a few minutes to find.

The first light I spent ages with a screwdriver trying to separate the unit from the lens going all the way round, which I am going to have to use the heat gun to repair! The second one I worked out that only the tabs needs to be heated up and then the glue melted using a heat gun. And as much as I tried my best to do it on my own, I HAD to get my other half to help with the pulling apart bit. But now they are both totally dissasembled and the next day that I have free time and the weather is ok enough outside, I will start the prepping and priming part of the job.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

There is now a small possibility that next Saturday I might actually have these finished and fitted as long as nothing else stops me.

Post #161381421st Feb 2016 7:58 pm
disco-nut

Had an unexpected upgrade done today, I visited a company called executivecarsuk from Ebay in Aldington, the guy seemed friendly, I went to pick up 1 part and made the mistake of asking what else he had laying around, needless to say I could have easily blown a few hundred pounds on the BNIB new old stock he had for sale. And he pointed at my wing vent and said he had them in bright silver, said they were £20 and before I had the chance to reply, my Mum shoved the money in front of him lol. The guy was even kind enough to fit the grill for me. I know it is only a fairly easy job, but I thought it was kind of the guy to offer. Although he did also try and sell me one of his Discovery 3's for £12.995 while I was there Rolling with laughter

Sadly that old grill got a bit damaged internally although the clips are all in tact and so is the main part of it, so I may have a little play with it and modify it a bit.

Old Grill:

Click image to enlarge

New Grill:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #161440922nd Feb 2016 8:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 13 of 26 <123 ... 121314 ... 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >