Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 20 of 26 <123 ... 192021 ... 242526>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

1 reverse camera has arrived Very Happy Now just waiting for the diode, and got to make sure that I have enough 12v lead to go from the camera to the back of the head unit, although I thought that I would get a hole saw piece with it, but there wasn't. However the reverse camera won't be fitted for at least a few weeks as there is a lot of other things mainly non car related that have got to be done.

Post #16373387th Apr 2016 5:35 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Don't forget, plug it up + power it with a 9v PP3 to check how it looks on the screen. Thumbs Up
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #16373397th Apr 2016 5:43 pm
disco-nut

Don't worry, I won't go through the pain of installing it properly before trying it lol. I will just wire up with routing the wires to test it before it goes on. I also need to modify behind the dash to make the stereo fit properly.

But for now, the mods apart from the additional indicators are on hold for a few weeks as Spring is here, we have now had it confirmed that moving is not an option until November at the earliest where we will have to put ourselves on a transfer or mutual exchange list, which if the psycho next door goes, I won't be going anywhere anyway, but got to get the broken fencing fixed from the last big storm, as well as install more fencing, get my trailer out of the hedge as it is being used as a fence panel Rolling with laughter and has done a good job, but now I want to restore it, and got to get all the hedge trimmings and tree branches from when we moved in burnt and cleared up and hopefully get a few cheap plants to go in our raised flower beds. And get the garden ready to start enjoying again.

Once that is done, The Discovery will get some attention again lol.

Post #16373667th Apr 2016 6:49 pm
disco-nut

I am terrible, I keep seeing mods and wanting to do them myself, IF the plugs for the puddle lights are in the rear doors as well, I am thinking about fitting either 3 or 4 white 9w LED Eagle lights in each door card facing down as puddle lights in addition to the 6 9w LED eagle lights that are being installed in the boot area, BUT I am hoping that within the next month, my car will hopefully be going back to the bodyshop who did the last lot of colour coding, and will be getting everything else painted that I want painted.

I need to source all 4 parking sensors for the front, headlights washer jets, fog light and parking sensor loom for the front bumper, parking sensor ECU and speaker to fit in the boot, and a couple of other small bits and pieces.

I am having the bumpers, wheel arches, lower door trims, nudge bar, and possibly rear light guards colour coded. Although not decided as to weather I am going to upgrade to LED rear lights or not. Although I have bought the resistors ready just in case.

The Discovery is now booked into 2 garages for some work, and while it is away from me, I am going to ask if they can drill that annoying bolt out for me.

I am also going to be getting a new clutch and flywheel etc... fitted as well as the circlip while the gearbox is done. But was really pleased when Caffyns told me that my car was in excellent health, and I had NO leaks lol.

The car is getting nice a dirty again slowly too, so will look forward to getting it back valeted in 2 weeks time lol.

Post #163844010th Apr 2016 12:25 am
disco-nut

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I found rust on the bodywork today Big Cry

The beginnings of rusty metal are starting to appear via the rear arches behind the rear doors.
So this summer, I will be getting right on it and treating it. And I think I am going to get a tin of red oxide for the underneath before painting it with something like hammerite. There is not rotten metal yet, but best be safer than sorry.

And just 3 more days of the handbrake shoes causing me major grief and a headache from the noise.
And while it is in the garage I am going to ask them to drill out the rounded off bolt if they don't mind.

Then on the 23rd I will be dropping my baby off at the main stealer in Lewes and will be driving the D2 GS Auto for the morning. But my baby will be coming back with the land anchor fitted which is exactly what is needed as the Discovery is going to be working hard for me fairly soon.

My Discovery 3 is the first car that still after 14 months of owning it, it puts a smile on my face everytime I look at it or drive it.

Click image to enlarge

Post #164087014th Apr 2016 11:13 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Have you ever though that getting a bicycle might be simpler. Laughing
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #164087714th Apr 2016 11:31 pm
disco-nut

Nah, I would rather run push bikes over than ride one, One of mans worst inventions is things with 2 wheels Laughing And they still rust. Laughing

Post #164088314th Apr 2016 11:45 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Mine are titanium and carbon, so I can assure you that they don't rust and I wouldn't even try to run me over - I have cameras streaming to the Cloud in realtime...... Whistle
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #164088714th Apr 2016 11:49 pm
disco-nut

I didn't say run people over Shocked Rolling Eyes . Just the bikes Laughing

Post #164088814th Apr 2016 11:53 pm
disco-nut

Day of doing more bits to the Discovery.

Tried the new LED bulbs which were advertised as amber, but in fact put out a virtually white light, so they have been removed and the Ebay seller contacted. I have now ordered another set from another seller.

I have replace both rear bumper LED lights so the light output is 100% even. The dog guard is now fitted and I took the opportunity to modify the wiring again on the front and rear looms for the additional lights so now the rear lights have a plug so that I can detach them easily when the bumper comes off, and the front lights had 2 double plugs for the DRL's which complicated things as you couldn't tell which plug was meant to be connected to which socket as they are identical on the loom I made, so replaced the 2 double plugs with a single 3 wire plug on each side and tidied the wiring up a bit more.

I also took the opportunity to fit a new air filter, The old one was well past it Laughing And the car drove better on the way home.

Ran out of time to do any other work though. But tomorrow the handbrake problem is being fixed and then I will find some time during the week to re-do the stereo upgrade and sort out the fact it isn't sitting right, and at least get the extension wires for the reverse camera installed.

Post #164214617th Apr 2016 8:40 pm
disco-nut

Found out exactly what is wrong with my hand brake now, the bracket and springs holding the shoes had snapped Shocked and the spring had embedded itself into the shoe and destroyed the inside of my brake disk Rolling Eyes so now it is having everything to do with the handbrake inside the discs and the discs replaced, plus the garage are removing the rounded off bolt in the nudge bar. But may not get the car back until tomorrow though. Big Cry But the Mondeo is just about coping with everything I have thrown at it today so far Laughing

Post #164239318th Apr 2016 12:23 pm
disco-nut

My car isn't going to be ready for today Sad because the bracket and shoe fitting kit arrived at the garage incomplete Rolling Eyes but I should be getting it back tomorrow, just glad that my other half is off work this week so I have unlimited access to the Mondeo, but at least the Discovery will be fixed properly

Post #164247318th Apr 2016 4:52 pm
disco-nut

Discovery is fixed, £230 later and the handbrake is working perfectly and you can't hear my car before you see it anymore Laughing Also the bolt that had rounded off in the A bar is now removed so planning on fitting the new spotlights tomorrow. Although not wiring them up yet.

I have been quoted £500 for a new clutch too, although my car has been given a clean bill of health again lol. Now just to wait for Saturday to come and the new fixed towbar will be fitted. And possibly I may stop and fit the wiring for the spotlights depending on the weather.

Post #164302019th Apr 2016 9:10 pm
disco-nut

Finally the spotlights are on

Post #164349820th Apr 2016 10:33 pm
oor Rab

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

What spots did you opt for ? 8)
 D3 05 S manual  
Post #164352121st Apr 2016 12:01 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 20 of 26 <123 ... 192021 ... 242526>