Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 26 of 26 <123 ... 242526
D16PJM

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

"But I love it to pieces. Needs a gearbox rebuild, parking sensor, all 3 chains and associated parts will be replaced, a new cat, and a replacement headlight, micro switch in the passenger power fold mirror, micro switch for the upper tail gate, a couple of interior trim panels as a bit tatty, 1 speaker, a rear light and handbrake repair and passenger occupancy seat sensor, lower suspension arm bushes on the front, and possibly an air suspension bag on the front passenger side and a height sensor on the front."

Blimey that is some list, if you had known of the above would you still have swapped.
 De tango
BAS remap
EGR blank
Colour coded
21" range rover wheels
tinted windows
side steps
3 blink, C.O.D 

Post #174847213th Dec 2016 9:54 pm
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

In all honesty I would have run for the hills if I had known all the faults, when I got it the engine was actually left in a dangerous condition and was pouring oil out of both rocker covers.

But I did the deal, the seller ran to another country (Syria) so I cannot make him face any consequences YET and he took my D3 with him so can't even swap back. But even if I did get my D3 back, I would have to sell it anyway as I need an Automatic because of my health.

I do kind of like having cars that need work though as it is something to focus on and a long term project, just don't appreciate being outright lied to as I did my research on the L322's before going after one, and specifically asked about the chain, gearbox and head gaskets. And was told it is in perfect mechanical condition.

But it is what it is, I do love the car, and with help I will get it sorted.

Post #174848713th Dec 2016 10:10 pm
Red Stag

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Wow some thread! ..... Your new purchase looks exactly like my old RR which I bought brand new back in 2002, mine was a Java black V8 Vogue with every extra save the climate windscreen ... it cost me 64K ... ouch!

I hope you have better luck than I did as it was the worst car I have ever owned ... Five days after I drove it away from the dealership I was in a loan car, for the 3 years I owned it LR must have spent 64K replacing all the parts that failed ..... It was a complete woofer but it looked cool.

Post #174937215th Dec 2016 6:16 pm
993porky

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi disco nut, how did you get your rear parking sensors working,just ive got a base model and have took bits out of an se model behind rear trim so have all bits, but my mechanic says my base model doesnt have any harness for this, so what did you do?
Thanks paul

Post #18552137th Sep 2017 8:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 26 of 26 <123 ... 242526
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >