Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 26 <123 45 ... 242526>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I might be interested Geoff. Remind me about it when you come on Monday please?

Post #145628210th Apr 2015 11:48 am
disco-nut

Another update, I found out that all the vandalism has been done by my neighbour to my other cars, BUT unfortunately the Disco suffered too on the other day. The tyres were all stabbed and a small hole has been created in my windscreen! Evil or Very Mad
Then to add insult to injury the same neighbour called the police and told them that I had vandalised his motability car! I can categorically deny his claim as I haven't done anything and can hopefully prove it too.

But anyhow, the 19" wheels I had bought which had rather dead tyres on have now been fitted with brand new tyres after my breakdown company insisted on transporting the car to a garage as they couldn't legally fit the wheels I had. That is fair enough lol But still worth an ask lol. But because of limited access to the road I live in the recovery truck couldn't get all the way in so the recovery driver from Elva had to drive my car with 3 totally flat tyres. The 4th tyre was losing air gradually.

But because of this rubbish going on, My Discovery is now just a weekend car and is being stored at a mates house while it is for sale. Makes his house look good if you ask me PMSL.

But on a serious note, this means I am now a prisoner in my own home as I cannot get to the car without a lift and my other half is gone with the other car for up to 13 hours a day.

Here's a picture story of what I have been going through for the last week with the Discovery alone!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #145629210th Apr 2015 12:00 pm
disco-nut

The rest of the picture story lol Something went wrong no the last post when I was trying to load all the pictures lol

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #145629710th Apr 2015 12:07 pm
disco-nut

Quite excited, I know I shouldn't have, but these little babies came up on Ebay, I contact the seller and agreed a really nice low price delivered. So I am looking forward to getting them. But it will be another thing added to my Discovery 3 accessories pile ready to go on lol.

I hope I have everything I need to fit them straight on.

Click image to enlarge

Post #145702512th Apr 2015 2:42 am
disco-nut

A couple of days without my ramblings, I think I need to correct that lol.

I have been off the grid due to stress and dealing with my neighbours constant harassment.

However, a HUGE thanks to Geoff. for activating my cruise control on Monday. My car was a bit of a pain to him but eventually played ball when Geoff. got behind the wheel. I think he must have scared my car into working lol.

Click image to enlarge

Found out that I need a tensioner soon which I am amazed that Barretts didn't do or say needed doing when it was in having all 3 belts replaced.

But spent the afternoon at my parents and then had to go to the police station about all the vandalism and harassment. And my Disco has been parked up since at home but is under multiple CCTV camera's placed by the police. Although that still won't change the fact that I will have to pay out for any repairs up front regardless of the perp being on camera! And I fear that once the police camera's come down, that things will escalate again!

I did stop at a lovely location on the way home though which truly was tranquil until I arrived lol.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #145852015th Apr 2015 2:31 am
disco-nut

After I posted a wanted ad for a bumper, I had some very unexpected replies. Excellent replies, so after being told and shown that the Fog light set up is already there., just needs some crafty work to reveal it and a steady hand plus the right tool, I got in touch with my parents as I remembered my Mum said she had been bought a new dremel for her birthday, replacing her old one. I asked her how much she wanted for it, and she told me I could have it for free. Smile So I am now the proud owner of a Dremel.

And while I am at the MGW show with my own stand, I think my Discovery may be gaining some mods if I have time lol.

I am also after a 12v Hair Dryer so I can do other mods while I am out and about.

Fingers crossed that my car still works after being parked up since Monday as it has got a lot of miles to do this weekend. I am also planning on fitting the SMD bulbs over the weekend while I am out and about as it is in the tenancy agreement that we can't even change a light bulb on the housing association properties grounds. Which is just ridiculous.

Anyway, Ramble over.

Post #145954217th Apr 2015 12:23 am
disco-nut

Terrain have just quoted me £350 to supply and fit Terrafirma Performance rear brakes, which also includes all brake components being cleaned up etc... I hope that is a good deal as I plan on taking them up on that offer when the credit card limit increase kicks in next month.

The Dremel my Mum gave me turned out to be a 1970's engraver lol. So my otherhalf surprised me by ordering a Dremel 8500 cordless kit. Can't wait to get it. And a small chance that my Disco will be coming back from the Muddy Good Weekend show with holes in the bumpers lol Haven't decided if I am brave enough to do the mod at the show yet or not lol

Post #146151021st Apr 2015 3:45 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I wouldn't go with the Terrafirma performance brakes. I ran these for a while but swapped for the V8 upgrade from Advanced Factors. Its a much better upgarde. I run V8 at the front and standard at the back. Bear in mind most of your braking is done by the front anyway.

Its a really simple job and there is a guide on here somewhere.

These are the parts. As you can see they are good value.

Front:

http://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/010a-disc...2034-p.asp

Rear:

http://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/002a-disc...4886-p.asp
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #146153421st Apr 2015 7:40 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

+1 for the V8 upgrade. Thumbs Up

disco-nut wrote:
which also includes all brake components being cleaned up etc...

Frankly, when done correctly, that is always part of the job.
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #146155821st Apr 2015 8:56 am
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Front fog mod is quite easy once you have the bumper off.

Rip the bumper off:
Click image to enlarge

Find this:

And chain drill the middle out:
Click image to enlarge

Fit the bits and away you go. Thumbs Up
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #146185621st Apr 2015 7:30 pm
disco-nut

That was a lovely surprise. Thank you Narpy, I really appreciate that. Was really surprised and am very grateful for the how to on the bumper lights mod. My Dremel is coming Tuesday so I might charge it up and take it to the show with me.

My car is Zambezi silver according to the info under the bonnet too.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #146202822nd Apr 2015 1:59 am
disco-nut

The Disco has been good to me today apart from 1 blown indicator bulb on the way home lol. Still loving owning my beast. And still can't get over how good it is on fuel. But there is a knocking noise coming from the rear over bumps which hasn't got any louder since I bought it.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #14683654th May 2015 7:38 pm
disco-nut

I had a weird fault the other day. My right rear indicator bulb had blown about a week ago but I ordered the bulbs on line as I wasn't using the car in the week anyway. But if I used the right indicator, it totally disabled the cruise control to the point if I wanted the cruise to work, I had to pull over and restart the car.

Anyway, being as OCD as I am, when I ordered the bulbs, I ordered an entire set for the back end as I thought the right hand units bulbs looked rather dull anyway.

When I pulled the bulbs out, I was right lol. All of them were very black and some shiny and mirrored over in patches. All changed BOTH sides and amazed at the difference in brightness.

Also hopefully will have another set of headlights coming soon which means I can brave the de tango mod. Which means if I am succesful, I will either sell the original lights if I like the de tango'd look or I will sell the de tango'd lights if I don't like them.

Also thanks to another member on here, brightyuk, I have the circlip I believe I need on its way Smile

Truly the best club I have ever been a member of.

Post #147179711th May 2015 12:11 am
disco-nut

Back again lol, This time with my latest impulse buy. Not sure what to do about restoring the latest purchase. On Ebay, there was a set of genuine sidesteps in Tilbury which I places a snipe bid on, thinking I wouldn't win, I won them lol.

They come with the brackets to fit them but the bolts are missing and one of the chrome strips is missing.
What size are the bolts? And can I get a replacement chrome strip to put on the step?

I also seem to be having issues with my cruise control too.
I have to stop after starting the car to get the cruise control working, BUT if I haven't used the cruise control for several miles, it won't activate again, and I have to pull over, turn the engine off and back on again and it works fine.

I haven't collected the sidesteps yet. But as I am not getting them for over a week, I plan on paying for them in advance.

Post #147357314th May 2015 5:51 pm
disco-nut

After seeing the link tanks to Narpy, the headlights SMD mod is 120MM SMD Rings. I have just ordered 2 144SMD Rings on Ebay for £9.94 the pair delivered from hong kong. So looking at a month for arrival no doubt but to be expected, I have also already got an SMD module off ebay which is just a fancy relay, but this device turns the DRL's off 15 seconds after the engine is off as well as switches them off when the lights are turned on and will be wired directly to the battery. Which means no messing with existing wiring looms which makes me happy.

I will be adding the Halo's when I get round to doing the de-tango mod.

I have also set a date to collect my sidesteps Smile

Post #147485617th May 2015 12:23 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 26 <123 45 ... 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >