Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My D3 Light upgrade!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jumpinjack

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
My D3 Light upgrade!

Have been planning to DeTango since I got the car and today was the day!
Before:

After:

In addition to the detango at the front added clear side repeaters

Updated to bulbs in the headlight unit, chrome indicator bulbs and lovely White LED side lights. Fitted new headlight bulbs. Really happy with the results!

With the front sorted, it was to the rear! After much deliberation and the persuasive factor of Steve @ advanced factors went for the 2014 rears. Fitted the resistors as per the guide on the site http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic43707.html?highlight=Resistors
From this:

To this:

Was a busy day!
Thanks to Steve for the advice, and all the bits! Really happy with the results. Few other wee jobs in the pipeline too.....

Post #143002820th Feb 2015 4:09 pm
Bobs

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Looks cool ...... I agree it makes such a difference (for the better) to the overall look Thumbs Up
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
D4 rear upgrade - Narpys helped with that bit
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.
B.A.S - FBHIC. Uncle Rays spare wheel protector. Beanie Silver Black badges. 

Post #143003220th Feb 2015 4:19 pm
robo

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

looks good which method did you use to detango,love to do mine but just I know it will end in tears lol
 gone not forgotten 2 classics
gone forgotten 2 p38s
current d3 se 2006 td standard for now 

Post #143003620th Feb 2015 4:30 pm
jumpinjack

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Robo, used a heat gun. It is all a bit off a faff!
Burned my fingers s few times and did melt one of the little tabs put it wasn't too difficult. Followed the guide on the site. Was much quicker with the second light unit than the first.

Post #143003920th Feb 2015 4:35 pm
JB11

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
LED light upgrade D3

Hey guys, amazing job you did with the upgrade. Let me share my experience. I bought a D3 last year and started my reno. First mechanical and then the looks.
I upgraded the tail lights and side repeaters to LED (product from powerful Uk). After a few months my reverse lights stopped working. Same with side repeaters. First order of the day was to check the LEDs. All seemed fine. Thought it could be a fuse but no. Started measuring all cables to see if there was a wiring problem, but no. Everything was fine. After two mechanics and no solution I decided to go back to the original lights. Everything works like a charm now. My bottom line and two cents here for all of us willing to upgrade, sometimes the products don’t have the quality standards they should and these cars are extremely sensitive to minimal variations in resistance, etc. Keep it in mind before spending money on parts. Cheers!

Post #235361921st Nov 2023 7:32 am
Journeyman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Looks great Jumpinjack.
 Cheers,

Jez

Discovery 3 HSE Stornaway Grey
MY 2008 2.7 TDV6

Discovery 2 2003 - gone 

Post #235362021st Nov 2023 7:44 am
Bursnella

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

What headlight bulbs did you use mate please

Post #23612477th Feb 2024 4:22 am
Worms

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Bursnella, the posts above are from 2015 and Jumpinjack sold his D3 in 2017, so I don't think he is likely to answer on here! I'm sure there are plenty of other threads if you do a search (but it is sometimes better to do a general websearch and come back in rather than using the site search facility as Google etc will take you to a specific post rather than a whole thread).
 Previously:
2010 FL2 TD4e GS
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW - still got this, non-runner on SORN.
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel 

Post #23612487th Feb 2024 6:35 am
KATIE_C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Light upgrade - xenon with LED "angel eyes"

Hi everyone.
So..........bare with me!
Got a D3 cheap in an auction just to tow round the yard/fields. We have a d2 & d1 for offroading and laning and breaking Land Rovers is part of our busines.
The D3 we bought has done 200K but is a surprisingly smooth automatic and has 12 months MOT and no warning lights on the dash. My boyfriend who is a mechanic ran it through his computer and there are no fault codes apart from 1 to do with the lights. I suspect this is because theyve been upgraded
The headlights had obviously been upgraded BUT on closer inspection the headlights appear to have wjhat looks like the BMW angel eye LED ring around the headlights - both main and dip beam - but both headlight units have genuine land rover stickers with genuine LR part numbers. They are XBC500042 & xbc500052. I think these are upgradeded upgrades if that makes any sense?!
I'm wondering if this has a D4 front end as the grille is also different.
if anyone knows about lights and light upgrades would you mind letting me know whats what as eventually this motor will be broke and all the parts sold. It's a TDV6 2006 2.7 (I know, I'm amazed it runs at all!!!) However we are running it for 12 months or until it dies.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks everyone.
Kate

Post #236513225th Mar 2024 5:07 pm
KATIE_C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Re - upgrades.....

That looks v smart. Do you know about upgraded lights at all??? Seen your post and I have submitted an enquiry below. Bit of a ramble sorry.
So I beleive our front lights are as upgraded as they can get so next it will be the rear. Your back lights are really nice and make so much differencee. i'll attach a photo of our new headlights for you to have a look at. Remind me of BMW or possibly RRover?
cheers, Kate.

Post #236513425th Mar 2024 5:16 pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Those part numbers are for regular D3 xenon lights so it's unlikely to be a D4 front end. There are several grill options, both OEM and aftermarket, so could be anything really. Post a picture so we can have a look.
 Darren

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia

My new D4 Build Thread
My old D3 Build Thread 

Post #236515225th Mar 2024 8:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
loanrangie

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Light upgrade - xenon with LED "angel eyes"

KATIE_C wrote:
Hi everyone.
So..........bare with me!
Got a D3 cheap in an auction just to tow round the yard/fields. We have a d2 & d1 for offroading and laning and breaking Land Rovers is part of our busines.
The D3 we bought has done 200K but is a surprisingly smooth automatic and has 12 months MOT and no warning lights on the dash. My boyfriend who is a mechanic ran it through his computer and there are no fault codes apart from 1 to do with the lights. I suspect this is because theyve been upgraded
The headlights had obviously been upgraded BUT on closer inspection the headlights appear to have wjhat looks like the BMW angel eye LED ring around the headlights - both main and dip beam - but both headlight units have genuine land rover stickers with genuine LR part numbers. They are XBC500042 & xbc500052. I think these are upgradeded upgrades if that makes any sense?!
I'm wondering if this has a D4 front end as the grille is also different.
if anyone knows about lights and light upgrades would you mind letting me know whats what as eventually this motor will be broke and all the parts sold. It's a TDV6 2006 2.7 (I know, I'm amazed it runs at all!!!) However we are running it for 12 months or until it dies.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks everyone.
Kate

I would start a new thread on this not hijack someone elses.

Post #236516325th Mar 2024 11:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >