Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

8 Years Old Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Woolmeister

Ukraine 
8 Years Old Today

8 years ago, today, I took delivery of a brand new Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual. I was delivered to my office on the back of a transporter, all the way from Stockton-on-Tees and was my first - and only - brand new car so far.

I've not modified it much, just subtle enhancements here and there: 19" HSE wheels (bought off sacimiddx of this parish), xenons (bought off another forum member), LEDs all round (from HIDS4U), BAS silicone intercooler hose, D4 Bluetooth bits (Wiggs & enabled by geoff.), nappa leather steering wheel (from TLO).

Click image to enlarge

It's not an HSE and neither is it an auto. It's probably worth about £8k tops. I never really imagined I would still be driving about in it, 8 years on and 120k miles later, but I am. Smile

It's carried my family across Europe, and all over the UK, in complete comfort and safety.

It's never let me down, though I did have to get LRA out to it in the early days to sort out a screeching EPB and failed EGR valves (now blanked, thankfully). It's never failed an MOT.

Later this afternoon, I'll be treating her to a full tank of diesel (she likes a drink Laughing ) and maybe a quick wash before we head up the M3 to watch England v Lithuania at Wembley, tonight.

Nowadays, I maintain her myself with occasional help from Mark West of West 4x4 when he's not busy (rarely).

I've enjoyed learning about how the various systems work and how to keep her running in tip top condition through the posts on this site and the wonderful site sponsors we're fortunate to have. Living with delivery radius of Advanced Factors certainly helps. Bow down

Thanks to all who've helped me keep her this far. Thumbs Up

Happy 8th birthday, my Disco 3.

Steve
 2021 BMW iX3 Premier Edition in Carbon Black ⚡️🔌
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 Tdi 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey. Excellent vehicle. Gone.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Auto in Carpathian Grey and Ebony Leather. Modern JLR Junk. Gone.
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual in Zermatt Silver with Ebony Cloth (143k) Gone, but now patrolling the Asia section of the West Midlands Safari Park! 

Post #144923827th Mar 2015 1:16 pm
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Calendar entry:

Post #144924327th Mar 2015 1:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >