DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Reddahaydn's 2007 Disco 3 TDV6 Build Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reddahaydn

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Reddahaydn's 2007 Disco 3 TDV6 Build Thread

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and new to Land Rover ownership, I'm a recent convert from a 91 80 series land cruiser. Decided the cruiser was getting a bit long in the tooth and was impressed with a work colleagues D4 on a few of our 4wd trips.

Searched far and wide to find a D3 with the e-locker option (wish I'd known before hand that ARB had made an air locker for them as it would have given me a lot more options) however I'm happy with the vehicle I found.

The previous owner had set it up for pulling a small camper trailer so it had the following mods when I bought it.

Traxide Dual Battery kit with Optima yellow top
Front Runner Rear drawers and Fridge Slide
Opposite Lock Spare Wheel Carrier
100L LRA auxiliary tank
GME Remote Mic UHF Radio
Electric Trailer Brakes
265/65/18 BF Goodrich All Terrains
Autologic ECU Remap
Mitch Hitch
Cross drilled and slotted rotors
Ceramic pads
Rasta front protection plate

Since I have had it I have installed the following

LLAMS suspension module
Tinted Windows
Waeco CF50 Fridge

I've also purchased the following and hope to get time to install this week.

Safari Snorkel
ARB Twin Compressor
Kaymar Shovel Holder (when I've got a roof rack)

Future plans include

Low profile roof rack - thinking the front runner
http://www.expeditioncentre.com.au/online-...and-4.html

Foxwing awning
Maybe a solar panel to keep some charge in the battery when stopped for a few days
Probably an aftermarket Grill

Still deciding on bulbar + winch. I like the look of it without them but I do like the comfort of having a winch when out on my own.
Also would like some mud tyres so considering getting some 17" rims.

Anyway, I'll put up photos of the snorkel install and compressor install when they're done.
Rest will follow as it progresses.

So far I'm pretty happy with how it handles the off road stuff, looking forward to giving it a good work out this weekend.

Goodbye to the old girl....It's a 1991 1HD-T with 420,000kms and I got $20k for it - and it only took 4 days to sell.

The Disco as I first got it.

Fridge in and running

First Job

Next was to clean this sucker

This weeks jobs....

Anyway, hopefully I can spend more time driving this one and less time working on it!!!
 2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6
LLAMS / 265/65/18 BFG ATs / Safari Snorkel / Spare wheel carrier / 100L Long range tank / Traxide SC40 dual battery isolator / Optima Yellow Top / Autologic Remap / Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack / Cross drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads / Front Runner drawers / UHF / Rasta front skid plate / Waeco CF50 / Mitch Hitch / Tint / Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth Phone & Audio 

Last edited by Reddahaydn on 23rd Apr 2015 8:40 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #146099620th Apr 2015 5:18 am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Looks like a great project, keep the photos coming Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #146100220th Apr 2015 6:41 am
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

good choice cobber! Great to have so many of the mods already done as well to give you a head start.

Keep the pics coming sheila! Thumbs Up

Pom

Post #146100320th Apr 2015 6:45 am
Reddahaydn

Progress

So i got a bit done over the weekend

Got the ARB twin compressor installed on the Friday and then did the snorkel over the saturday and sunday.
Bolted the compressor to the drawers frame in behind the fridge, using up otherwise useless space. Used the ARB manifold to give me access to plug the air hose in. Then wired up an anderson plug end on the power cord, so i just pull the cord out and plug it into the anderson plug at the back of the car.

Not sure how that's going to go if the anderson plug gets full of mud etc, we will see this weekend.

Then I got the snorkel done, here's a pic of the snorkel installed, and a link to the 'how too' write up on this site.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic128594.html

2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6
LLAMS / 265/65/18 BFG ATs / Safari Snorkel / Spare wheel carrier / 100L Long range tank / Traxide SC40 dual battery isolator / Optima Yellow Top / Autologic Remap / Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack / Cross drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads / Front Runner drawers / UHF / Rasta front skid plate / Waeco CF50 / Mitch Hitch / Tint / Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth Phone & Audio 

Post #14666301st May 2015 6:50 am
Reddahaydn

Fog Light Repair

Also fixed the fog lights, only took about 20 mins. Only one side was worn through, but i taped up both sides and put conduit around to protect the wires.

picked up the transfer oil and diesel filter this morning to do on Saturday.

Going for a play sunday so will try and get some photos of her in action!
 2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6

Post #14666361st May 2015 6:58 am
Reddahaydn

roof rack

Ordered one of the front runner slimline II today, should get it installed over the weekend!

http://www.expeditioncentre.com.au/online-...and-4.html
 2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6

Last edited by Reddahaydn on 2nd Jun 2015 5:13 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #147623020th May 2015 3:50 am
DiscoJake

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Arb front bumper Bow down

Post #147623920th May 2015 6:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kingmav66

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Nice car. A must have mod, is an IID tool. I don't think you would have needed the LAMS then- but I might be wrong Mr. Green Thumbs Up
My brother used to have a 1991 Landcruiser, it was an awesome vehicle. IIRC it was a 4.2 straight 6cyl. Lovely to drive, and loads of power off-road Very Happy Very Happy

Post #147627420th May 2015 9:04 am
Reddahaydn

DiscoJake wrote:

haha over here they are like a$$holes, everybodys got one!

Thanks Kingmav
I'm looking at an IID tool - got a 2 week trip in august so i'm planning on having one before then.

haha I'm happy with the LLAMS and I know how to use it, I've heard you can modify the suspension with the IID but LLAMS is really easy, and it was in Australia so it was delivered the next day. and I've already had LLAMS maxed and offroad mode on and had it still bottom out and go into extended mode! So I need all the height I can get.... (I'm used to driving a cruiser on 35" tyres!!) - that being said, with LLAMS and offroad mode and 32" tyres, I have the same diff clearance than my old cruiser, as long as the suspension isn't compressed at all!

Organised a set of BMW 17" rims with Goodyear Wrangler muddies, should be getting them next week ready for a trip up the Victoria High Country (good place for off roading - type it in youube) next weekend.
 2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6

Post #147635720th May 2015 1:02 pm
Reddahaydn

Roof Rack

Got the roof rack and shovel holder on ready for a trip this weekend.
Also had my traxide SC40 sh*t itself so I had that apart and soldered it up, hopefully that's all fixed and I haven't damaged the new optima yellowtop I bought the other week.

Gotta install the parrot MKi 9200 tonight. Also gotta decide on an awning and some mud tyres and then I'd say she's pretty much finished for now.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

very happy with the quality control!

Click image to enlarge
 2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6

Last edited by Reddahaydn on 9th Jun 2015 9:12 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #14819372nd Jun 2015 5:12 am
DiscoJake

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Reddahaydn wrote:
DiscoJake wrote:

haha over here they are like a$$holes, everybodys got one!

I said that because I thought you had one fitted not that you should get one, now I've realised that was a pic from the frontrunner site Embarassed Laughing

Looking good anyway, nice work Thumbs Up

Post #14819512nd Jun 2015 6:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Reddahaydn

haha yeah I thought you must have thought that was my car. Cheers mate

In regards to the ARB bars, I reckon they are by far the best bull bar for most vehicles (apart from some custom bars), but they are all very heavy. On the disco I don't need anywhere to mount lights, I'll take my chances with the roo's, and I think the discreet winch mounts are very neat, so thinking that's the way I'll go.
 2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6

Post #14824943rd Jun 2015 6:35 am
Reddahaydn

Parrot MKi9200

Installed the Parrot MKi9200 last week. Got the cords from ebay UK, they are a pain in the ass to all fit in behind the dash but I got there in the end.

Click image to enlarge

2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6

Post #14852509th Jun 2015 8:34 am
Reddahaydn

traxide SC40 Repair

So turns out when you accidentally short your second battery, it blows all the solder off one of the relay pins in the traxide SC40.
Easy fix - just pull it apart and solder it back up!

2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6

Post #14852879th Jun 2015 10:32 am
Reddahaydn

weekend

Few photos from a weekend out and about

Click image to enlarge
 2007 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6

Post #149171923rd Jun 2015 11:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >