Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

time to go....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Simonet

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
time to go....

Well after 8 years of ownership it's time to say goodbye. I've only done 59k miles and the car is mint. I have driven it very calmly and never pushed it to the limits or taken off road ( please don't shout) bit o have helped a few in the snow so don't feel too embarrassed. Unfortunately the fact that I have not driven it hard has not helped with the maintenance. 2 egr valves, suspension compressor, alternator and now the potential of rear diff seal and some kind of steering knock, play on the front....it's time to say goodbye. It has been the best all round car I have ever had, and has taken me a while to look for alternative. To be honest there isn't an alternative, nothing can compare to it..... I wish it was more reliable, but the costs mentioned plus cambelt and worry of possible turbo, glow plug or electrical gremlins is just playing on my mind. I know I may be over thinking the issues but now my kids are bigger, and the prams have gone I'm going back to a golf..... I originally traded a brand new golf gti edition 30 for this car in 2007...... And I've just swapped for aan R32 Smile

Oh..... We then realised we didn't have enough room when we go away.... Oops!! So our little A2 has become a seven seater Touran.

I kind of feel I've lost the prestige, but boy does the v6 in the R32 sound good, and now I really enjoy driving!!

Thank you to everyone on the site for their help, especially Flack and the Large One for their help and expertise. If anyone ends up with my car, look after it and I can assure you it has been well looked after and never driven hard.....
 Stornoway Discovery 3 XS Auto
VW Camper 1970 

Post #146143220th Apr 2015 8:40 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Have fun in the VeeDubs. Thumbs Up

Post #146143320th Apr 2015 8:43 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

nice to hear your story...a gent sir,,,drive well

Post #146150021st Apr 2015 12:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >