Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

First 15 months.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Percyprod

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
First 15 months.

We bought our D3 XS in January 2014 with 56k on the clock. It was from a local LR dealer, and had 12 months warranty. Our previous 2 cars were a '97 300tdi Disco, then a 2003 TD5, both of which we loved. The D3 is a great car, but as I said in a previous post, there is always a certain sense of forboding lurking, so much to go wrong and so expensive to fix! Anyway first problem was the haunted radio, wich would turn itself on at full volume at random times. Fixed after a couple of visits to the dealers with a new amp module, £600 + but covered by the warranty. Then a slight knocking from front end over rough surfaces and a very slight scraping noise from rear brakes. Dealer informed us that front hydro bushes (?) needed replacing another £600+ which wasn't covered by warranty, but they had fixed the scraping, a broken clip, in the brake. Got the bushes done by my local indy, £300, then got a bill for the brake fix from the dealer. £4.60 for the clip and £150 labour! When I complained they cancelled the labour charge. Since then no problems until Saturday with a loss of power and EMS light on dash. Bit of research suggested EGR valves. Phoned dealer Saturday lunch time, they said to take it in. On the way EMS light went out and power was back to normal. Anyway, they lent us a new Defender, and today they phoned to confirm EGR valve was sticking, but suggested blanking off instead of replacing, which they did. Had service done at same time today, and they returned it this evening. Certainly seems quieter, haven't had a proper run yet. Any way, on the whole happy with the car, oh forgot, have had to reset XY sensor 3 times, getting good at that! Is there really any advantage to a electronic handbrake?
 LR 4 se
Grey
Nice wheels 

Post #146481627th Apr 2015 8:28 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

XYZ sensor going off the tune is the clear sign of slipping clutch

pay attn. to you revs in high gear accelerating hard ... very easy to spot and also engine makes overreving sound briefly while this happens

good luck still a very good car

G

Post #146482527th Apr 2015 8:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >