DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Picking up my disco 3 this week!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Discoatlast

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
Picking up my disco 3 this week!

Hi All

No Stranger to Land Rover but I am picking up my first disco3 this week Very Happy

Now I am sure I am about to become - "Not another one" member after this.. (sorry)

So I have had a Disco1 and I still have my defender 110 crew cab, but I have to sell my defender to pay off this Disco. I will truely truely miss it but I need my comforts for my little 14month daughter.

Its an S but seems to have all the extras... heated seats front and rear, heated screens front and rear, leather and a fridge in the armrest so not sure what I am missing?

Any advice on the following would be greatly appreciate.

-Snorkel- I hear that this is alittle pointless as the airbox isnt sealed, appart from looking the car is there a benifit to them, understand uts a raise intake and not a sealed snorkel
-roof rack- just because Smile - hopeing to use the car for alps trips and family breaks
-suspension- I have air suspension, do you guys keep this or do you swap this off for springs if going off road?
-Winch- seen some impressive tidy installs, any recommended places for this stuff?

-Disco 4 lights etc, seen a smart grill that keeps the standard 3 lights and I will be removing the amber bits but can people post up what they have done to theirs as inspiration?

- last horrible one that I dont think I want to know the answer to, I have a friend who is a LAnd rover tec and he has warned me that the 3's arent that reliable, I bought a manual as he said the boxes fail, he also said the engines fail and the turbos are common.. turbos I accept as consumable on all diesels but how likely are these engine to take an early bath? doesnt help that the one I am getting has clocked over 100k Sad

Thanks for those happy to reply, and sorry for probably writing exactly the same as everyother new member.

Post #150090712th Jul 2015 11:33 pm
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

If you don't ask you won't know Thumbs Up

Make sure the belts and all that goes with them are done. These need doing at 105k or 7 years.

Had mine for over 6 years and it's the best car I've ever had Thumbs Up

You can get a sealed intake I seem to recall. Roof rack everyone recommends Prospeed, they are pricy but very well made. Or a genuine LR Expo rack like mine Thumbs Up

Welcome along by the way Thumbs Up

Andy

PS forum rule No1. No photo and it didn't happen Whistle
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #150095013th Jul 2015 8:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >