DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Electric Heated Seat Fitting Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
M99PET

United Kingdom 
Electric Heated Seat Fitting Help

Good Morning Guys,

I have found MANY post on this same topic on the site, and I know many people have completed this mod but I am struggling to get a conclusive understanding of exactly what I have to do to retro fit a D3 HSE Electric Heated interior to my manual, non heated seat 2006 discovery.

I have successfully found all wiring and fitted the heated rear seats, I've fitted the front passanger seat and it appears to plug and play spot on, when I plug in the drivers seat it is dead. From reading earlier posts I think this is something to do with the grey plug which I am missing from my loom . . . The memory plug???

I can live without the memory function and short bursts of power to adjust the seat in no real issue for me. I just want to be able to get the seat in and adjusted to my driving position then it will seldom move.

I think I have my head around the front heated seat part, I understand I need to purchase a HEVAC unit with the heated seat controls and acquire parts of a loom which run from the front foot wells to the back of the HEVAC allowing them to operate?? I do not currently have climate control but all the HEVAC units are built for CC, will my heating still operate without further mods??

Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mark

Post #14211966th Feb 2015 4:33 am
Landscapejohno

United Kingdom 

Has anyone done this as I have bought seats and about to fit them into a commercial and unsure on the electrics and what I need go fit them?

Post #15134689th Aug 2015 1:09 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

Many moons ago I fitted heated seats to a D3 Basic coiler. It needed the HVAC with switches, a couple of wires from behind the HVAC to the connections in the front footwell. Under the seats it was just a case of plugging them in and.... Under the driverseat you need to add a -ve connection, this is missing from the connector block and without it it won't work.

Take a look at the pictures and their descriptions in my gallery's ablum titled retro fitting heated seats...

http://www.disco4.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=21820
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #15135949th Aug 2015 6:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >