DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Just purchased
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Handsy

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Just purchased

Hi all,

Just purchased a Disco 3, its Buckingham blue and the HSE model. 2007 reg with 115,000 miles on the clock. Its had a new torque converter, timing belt done around 80k and new fuel pump. Its got full service history, 75% being main dealer and is pretty strait with only one small ding. I paid £10,500 for her, and picking up this week.

I have been looking and the price seems ok what I paid, what's all your thoughts? Also anything I should look at mechanically before it gets put to use? Needs to be reliable as its going to be used as a family car and for my wife's child minding business.

Cheers Dan

Post #15260127th Sep 2015 10:39 pm
armalites

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

If it being used for child minding then full set of rubber mats including the 3rd row and some proper tailored seat covers like the Exmoor trim ones are worth getting.

My wife used ours for child minding and it's a great car for that, people do appreciate that their kids are about safe as they can be in a car.

There is setting in the dash menu for speed locking, I drummed it into my wife that if she ever got out to open the gates she should wind the window down(no matter what the weather was doing) because the car locks at a few miles an hour and when you open the drivers door the other stay locked unless you take the key out or unlock. You can turn the feature off. This was reinforced when a friend of ours locked her kids in her new Golf with the keys inside, kids too young to do anything and strapped in seats. Had to call the AA who came and smashed a window.That's bad enough with your own kids but when it's kids you are being paid to look after it a whole different level.

It's also likely she will be doing lots of stop start short journeys so I would invest in decent battery charger with the winter coming. There are so many electrical things in there in use during the winter that a few minutes of driving won't keep on top of the battery.

Other top tip, learn how all the seats work because they will up and down in all sorts of configs all the time, first time you load the car then try and put kids in the 3rd row, guarantee you find there is nowhere to plug the seat belt into as you need to make sure the socket is up in position when you put the seat in place. I still sometime forget now sometimes.

Other top tip when childminding is if the car has bluetooth get your wife into the habit of saying whether there is someone in the car with her, last thing you want is other peoples kids hearing you effing and blinding through the speakers Rolling with laughter

You will not believe how many places there are in a D3 for kids mess to hide.
 IID PRO
MSV Extreme
Nanocom One 

Post #15260277th Sep 2015 11:06 pm
Handsy

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks for the reply, will defiantly take all your points into consideration. Reading on here I slightly nervous now about all the problems and expense they can cause. I'm not naive I know second hand cars can go wrong but it seems its pretty common to get large bills on discos when things go south.

Post #15260388th Sep 2015 12:05 am
IanT599

United Kingdom 

Check the oil pump has been replaced or is ok. There are threads on it failing.

Few guys on here offer services to get this replaced. One of the issues on the engine and yours may be a year that was affected.
 Ian
No longer a LR owner
2018 BMW M240i
2011 FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Gone
2004 TD5 ES - Gone
2008 TDV6 G4 -Sold and missed very much 

Post #15260428th Sep 2015 12:18 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >