Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Suspension Fault Code: C1A13-64
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Azzybee

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

So here are my photos of when I removed the dryer and fitted the kit I bought. The hardest part was removing the screw which holds the dryer onto the compressor. The rest just follow the instructions the seller provides which is very simple and straight forward. There is a piece where you must the rivet and drill a 3mm hole in and fit together and secure with the nut and bolt. I used a butter knife and hammer (not ideal but worked) to knock the rivet off and then placed a screw in the hole and smashed the rest of the rivet out (a lot easier than it sounds).

As I mentioned this resolved stopped one fault code from appearing but I now have another issue.
 Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #176311214th Jan 2017 1:19 am
RBS6K

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Compressor Woes

Hi Azzybee,

I feel your pain. I have a 06 LR3 which I bought a year ago and have had suspension woes since.

I also bought the suspension service kit and an exhaust valve replacement. I took the compressor out to do the job. I found that the old desiccant was pretty bad and was really powdery. So out with the old and in with the new, I also replaced the piston ring and sleeve as the compressor had been running a lot and overheating so I assumed wear. There was also a few 'O' rings replaced and of course a new dryer chamber end cap. All done and the compressor refitted and so to test. All pumped up quite promptly and cut out when gallery pressure got up to about 17 bar.

Then I did a valve test with my IID, all valves seemed to operate except when trying to raise the front. On every attempt when trying to raise the front it would lower. I found that I would have to raise the rear first and have pressure there before the front would come up and then very slowly. I suspected that the reservoir valve had gunk in it from the old desiccant and wasn't closing fully so ordered a new one, fitted it yesterday and it made no difference. So where is the air going.

I raised the vehicle to 'off road' height and turned it off and monitored the 4 corners and the gallery pressure. Height holds but pressure drops slowly.

So far I have changes all the air struts, the front valve block, the reservoir valve block, dryer chamber end cap, both front height sensors and serviced the compressor. I have checked for leaks in a and around the connections and found none so unless the leak is in the compressor, I am stumped. I was about to swap out the old compressor for a new AMK one but the kit was incomplete so I didn't bother.

By the way I think the 'system failing to depressurise' fault was cured by changing the desiccant and exhaust valve, now I have a rather loud 'pssssst' when the compressor takes a dump.

all the best Richie

Post #177092129th Jan 2017 12:52 pm
Azzybee

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I've left my suspension fault for too long now and will be replacing the suspension compressor.

Before I do that do any of these images/results from my iid tool say anything I need to do/buy?

And lastly I thought I'd throw it in here rather than start a new thread. Why does

Thanks.

Discovery 3 HSE 2007  
Post #18433232nd Aug 2017 3:55 pm
mark511

so, did you ever solve it? I'm running into the same problem. started slow with intermittent failures and now, the truck doesn't raise or lower and the amber light comes on immediately after the system start-up test. Used to hear the compressor come on when the fault first started now, I don't hear it kick on. I have a feeling the compressor is dead. I upgraded to the new AMK about 5 years ago when the hitachi had a recall.

Post #19705683rd Aug 2018 11:08 pm
JL

Norway 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

C1A13 Pressure does not decreases when venting gallery.

That is the error message I get .
It came after I replaced the hitachi compressor with a amk unit som 6 months ago .

Seeing live value the fault will occur when pressure is more than 400ish kpa .

Sometimes it is enough to stop the car and start ot again .Then I can hear the air venting and compressor starting .
I now replaced the valve block and preassure sensor , just in case , but thinking this is a problem with the exhaust valve not opening or it is a software issue .

Post #19895797th Oct 2018 7:26 am
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

When u swapped over to the AMK compressor did u update the software at the same time

have also enclosed a pressure chart of what the readings should be Thumbs Up

Post #19896717th Oct 2018 2:00 pm
JL

Yes , Software is amk. But there might be a updatet software . otherwise a faulty exhaust valve on a pretty much new compressor.

Post #19897447th Oct 2018 8:13 pm
adm013

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

mark511 wrote:
so, did you ever solve it? I'm running into the same problem. started slow with intermittent failures and now, the truck doesn't raise or lower and the amber light comes on immediately after the system start-up test. Used to hear the compressor come on when the fault first started now, I don't hear it kick on. I have a feeling the compressor is dead. I upgraded to the new AMK about 5 years ago when the hitachi had a recall.

Had the same issue on mine after a lot of trouble shooting and head scratching it turned out to be a sticky exhaust valve. Opened it up and cleaned it up as it was full of gunk, put it back together and has worked fine since. Just be gentle and watch the o-rings, take a bit of pulling and fiddling to initially pop the exhaust valve out. But a lot cheaper than a garage and a new compressor.

Post #19982876th Nov 2018 1:15 pm
JL

I have tried to clean the exhaust valve and this does not help in my case.
Fault will only come at first startup, If I stop the car and start again compressor will run normal and i will get no fault .

I`m going to attemt a re-flash of the software as I think there must be something either here or in the controller.

Post #19985027th Nov 2018 9:59 am
MrH

United Kingdom 

Ok guys, this error thread has been posted under D4 Faults and Fixes but most of you seem to be referring to D3s.

So as our 2016 D4 has just developed this fault...
C1A20-64 (6C) Pressure increases too slow when filling reservoir - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure

Iā€˜m wondering whether this error and its fix of a replacement drier cap are still applicable?
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #199969011th Nov 2018 9:34 pm
JL

Ended up replacing the compressor with a new unit and also got a new relay , besides the number on the relay beeing different (570617 on the new vs 570117 on the old) they seems alike . Anyway there are no error messages and gallery pressure will raise to 1700kpa at startup and go down to around 300kpa when compressor stops .

I also replaced the whole inlet and exhaust tube thing as this was broken . This alone did not remove the error messages .
( btw it was a pita to remove the old one )

Post #200043014th Nov 2018 9:27 am
charlietortoise

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4
Fault

Shocked Think I need to look for that hairline crack.
 Discovery 4 3.0 HSE 2010 year. I like it a lot. Now with winch šŸ˜‚  
Post #20057963rd Dec 2018 9:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >