Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

MY54 Disco3 HSE - Silver 2.7 Auto
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
PeelDisco

Isle Of Man 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
MY54 Disco3 HSE - Silver 2.7 Auto

Hi all, I just picked up a Disco 3 - Woo-hoo!

I so love driving it, it reminds me of my old Ford F150 Pickup, its big, has lots of smooth power and a nice kick-down Smile

However, I don't know if they all come with Bluetooth as standard (standard for an HSE) as I can't find mention of it in the book or make it pair, so do I need a add on module?

i have the "phone" buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel and can't find mention of them in the book either. If I press the "green" receiver button I go into "Phone Mode" but nothing else much seems to occur.

Its had all the major jobs done, compressors, belts, just had the brake recall done before I collected it etc....very well maintained but I think it will need EGR blanking, mapping etc... Smile

I have been reading through various threads already to try and avoid asking daft questions but there is such a huge wealth of knowledge on here its almost too hard to find the wood for the trees. You guys seriously provide some incredible support for each other on this forum, wonderful!!!

SWMBO not happy that it hasn't got the fridge box, but am I right in saying the the aircon pipes go under there anyway as it felt quite cool inside there when the aircon was on.

Previous: Defender 90, Disco 1 300TDi, 1976 Pontiac Trans-am 6.6 auto, 1975 Ford Gran Torino (S&H), 83 Trans-am (KITT), 83 Chevy G20 (A-Team van), 1972 RR Silver Shadow, 94 Camaro, 2001 Ford Crown Vic P71 "Sheriff" car, Ford F150 XLT Supercrew pickup and other assorted rust.....(Beetles, Minis, Scooby etc) 

Last edited by PeelDisco on 30th Aug 2016 2:56 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #169802530th Aug 2016 10:22 am
geoffsnook

Wales 

Does your phone find land rover when you search for it if it does then it has it also you can easily update your cubby box with a fridge they are on here every now and again for between £90-150 and all you do is take out cubby box and fit cooler wiring should be there mine was on an se Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 

Post #169804730th Aug 2016 11:31 am
PeelDisco

thanks for the cooler box tip. I'll keep my eyes peeled. She can have a cubby box and side steps for Xmas! Smile I know side steps aren't for all, but we have a kid with special needs who finds it hard to hoik himself up, and we had them on other large cars we've had which helped him get in ok.

I tried the Bluetooth once or twice, but was in a car park, so got a dozen different options to connect to, none of them said land rover....but I have the red and green telephone buttons on the wheel so assumed I'd have bluetooth? Is there a physical module to look for? Pressing the green button takes me into "Phone Mode" and I get what looks like a bluetooth antenna symbol displayed.

Post #169804830th Aug 2016 11:38 am
geoffsnook

Wales 

There is a modal which should sit down behind the center of the dash board/tunnel but it sounds as though the bt is fitted so turn off your blur tooth turn it back on and see what pops up as available mine comes up as land rover but i have an updated modual on mine from a D4 should ask you to pair Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 

Post #169805230th Aug 2016 11:45 am
Pete199

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Post #169805430th Aug 2016 11:49 am
PeelDisco

cheers, I'll try again now we have got it home (Collected it in Staffs, drove to Cambs for the weekend and just returned to Isle of Man).....so we got to know it a little bit over the 500+ miles its done since Friday night Smile

The only problem I have with it is, its the wife's car....I have a four letter word Cherokee and now have D3 envy.....

"Four letter word" 4x4 for sale.....one unhappy owner.... Laughing

Post #169805530th Aug 2016 11:49 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The early D3's did not have the Bluetooth option fitted. It came later in 2005. Your car has possibly had the steering wheel replaced with a newer version since it was new, as they deteriorate and the cover dissolves into a sticky mess. I'm sure it can be added though. Thumbs Up

Post #169811430th Aug 2016 2:10 pm
PeelDisco

that may make sense....but the button does change it to "phone mode"....mysterious!!! Smile

I'm not that bothered anyway, more curious. There's an aux plug for an iphone to play music, nobody ever rings me anyway apart from SWMBO, and if she cant ring me whislt she's driving, that's not the end of the world.... Whistle

Post #169811630th Aug 2016 2:15 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

It will say phone mode, as the clock spring and the wiring are all ready there. Just the module is missing.

Post #169811930th Aug 2016 2:21 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

I ordered my D3 with Bluetooth in late 2004, was then later told by Dealer that LR had some issues fitting Bluetooth (?) so it never had it - mine was an early 2005 build SE, but as posted above - I'm sure you can easily rig something up

My D4 was my first car to have it - couldn't be without it now, much better than headache generating earpieces as I use the car a lot for work

And welcome BTW

Post #169812130th Aug 2016 2:22 pm
PeelDisco

thank you.

nearly was the shortest D3 ownership in history (maybe) when a car swung through 2 lanes joining the M6 yesterday and I had to do a last minute swerve as he almost hit my front left wing. I'd done the polite thing and moved over a lane to let him ease into traffic, but he just kept on coming!!!

Thankfully nothing was in the outside lane or we'd have all piled up.

I guess the DSC kept me from veering into the barrier. Got the ticker going though!!!
 Previous: Defender 90, Disco 1 300TDi, 1976 Pontiac Trans-am 6.6 auto, 1975 Ford Gran Torino (S&H), 83 Trans-am (KITT), 83 Chevy G20 (A-Team van), 1972 RR Silver Shadow, 94 Camaro, 2001 Ford Crown Vic P71 "Sheriff" car, Ford F150 XLT Supercrew pickup and other assorted rust.....(Beetles, Minis, Scooby etc)  
Post #169813030th Aug 2016 2:51 pm
PeelDisco

had a little poke around this weekend with our new D3.

I thought I'd give the MAP sensor a clean, but, it was pretty much spotless!
I thought, well I'll check if it needs EGR balnking....done.

Thinking of having a remap, but how do I know if its already had one or not?

Only one issue...can't fit the detachable tow bar....the latch bit wont pop out fully when inserted and therefore can't lock/remove the key! Latch bit will pop out fully if you press the pin down to fool it into thinking its fully fitted. Odd... Confused
Post #17008675th Sep 2016 10:43 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >