Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Keeping the suspension "UP".
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 28 <123 ... 262728>
stevo68

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Can anyone with an 07 plate model confirm whether they can put their suspension into extended mode with the switch as opposed to as with mine it is reactionary? My dealer seems to think there is a software upgrade where you can put it into extended before tackling a particular type of terrain. Have also asked for them to look into the Offroad height to 80kms an hr,

Regards

Stevo
 2005 D3 HSE V8, General Tire AT2 255/55/R18, Kaymar Rear Bar and Wheel Carrier
Off Road: http://server1.pictiger.com/albums/563/ormeau-hills/ 

Post #21686920th Oct 2007 8:42 am
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

stevo68 wrote:
Can anyone with an 07 plate model confirm whether they can put their suspension into extended mode with the switch as opposed to as with mine it is reactionary?

Hi Stevo,

I'm pretty sure that this issue is worldwide and not related to any particular market/country or model year....

As you say, Extended Mode is completely automatic/reactive and cannot be set manually by the owner. It only happens to help you in freeing yourself from 'sticky' situations where you have grounded the car.

If Extended Mode is not enough you can then manually tell it to go into Super-Extended Mode by pushing the suspension height lever forward for a few seconds. It raises it even higher (see below pic of my D3 from last weekend).

Click image to enlarge

stevo68 wrote:
My dealer seems to think there is a software upgrade where you can put it into extended before tackling a particular type of terrain.

As far as I know, there is NO software upgrade available from LR to sort this issue out.

I hope this helps Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #21688120th Oct 2007 10:29 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You can however fool it into going to extended mode by sticking a bit of wood under the chassis and dropping the suspension. It will then entend automatically. Just cut the the correct length to fot under. Very Happy
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #21699320th Oct 2007 11:57 pm
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

super - extended mode?

I tried caverd3's trick and put a lump of wood under the chassis, got it to go into extended mode - but when I then held the the lever for a few seconds, instead of going into super-extended mode, it dropped back to off-road mode Sad

Any other tricks?

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #21722722nd Oct 2007 8:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

simon_arch1 wrote:
I tried caverd3's trick and put a lump of wood under the chassis, got it to go into extended mode - but when I then held the the lever for a few seconds, instead of going into super-extended mode, it dropped back to off-road mode Sad

Did you actually get it to spin all four wheels too? If all of the wheels don't spin, then the car will rightly assume that you still have enough traction to be able to get out of wherever it's stuck.

Have a look at this info from AndrewS which has a nice explanation about how it works:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post210195.html#210195

Cheers,
Paul
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #21722922nd Oct 2007 9:08 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You need to press the brake pedel at the same time. Very Happy
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #21723122nd Oct 2007 9:28 am
simon_arch1

ahhhh - thanks for that extra tit bit!

Smile
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #21723222nd Oct 2007 9:30 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon_arch1

playing around with it for too long - so a hissy fit from the Disco - "vehicle will raise when system cooled"...

Neutral
Post #21723322nd Oct 2007 9:42 am
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

simon_arch1 wrote:
...instead of going into super-extended mode, it dropped back to off-road mode Sad

Mine does this too, even when pressing the brake pedal. Sadly spinning the wheels isn't an option parked on my drive at home, so I can never get to super-emergency-nosebleed-height-extended for cleaning.

Going to have to take a look at the rod-shortening trick or an electronic mod to the height sensors to do this I think.

edit : Thinking about it, I haven't tried a second piece of slightly longer wood the height of the extended height before I try to super extend - perhaps when it tries to drop and can't it'll allow the move up to next base?
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #21726522nd Oct 2007 1:01 pm
disco4x4au

Australia 

The wood trick can be done more easily by putting the crappy LR jack to some use. Place the car in off-road height, wind the jack up so that it's just supporting the chassis and then try to lower the car. It should go straight to extended height, and from there you can select "super-extended" mode.

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #21744823rd Oct 2007 1:29 am
jonesy63

Location: Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to ...

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hey Gordon - how long does it stay in "super-extended mode" for? Is it speed, time or traction related?
Cheers,
Rob

Post #21745623rd Oct 2007 5:31 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

jonesy63 wrote:
Hey Gordon - how long does it stay in "super-extended mode" for? Is it speed, time or traction related?
Cheers,
Rob

It is both - if you exceed a pre-set speed (I think its 8kph) or drive for more than 45s or so, it resets to std off-road height. The same for extended mode.

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #21769624th Oct 2007 1:21 am
alfromoz

simon_arch1 wrote:
I'm in touch with some locals in melbourne who are looking at a fix for this too - might be connected with the UK - but it's getting closer, testing on D3 and RRS at the moment.

cheers,

Simon

Any more development on this front? Waiting with cash!
Cheers, Al
 It's not the weight of it but the slippery hold I've got.  
Post #22844027th Nov 2007 12:54 am
simon_arch1

Spoke with Dieseltune last week - they are making good progress, but realistically expect it to be 2-3 months more...
Post #22845527th Nov 2007 1:47 am
alfromoz

Can someone check how this is going. Been 3 months.
Al
 It's not the weight of it but the slippery hold I've got.  
Post #25880113th Feb 2008 8:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 28 <123 ... 262728>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >