DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

(almost) time to say goodbye
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
(almost) time to say goodbye

Hi all,

After 8 years and 225,000 kms the time to say goodbye has arrived. My trusty V8 is almost 12,5 years old now and I cannot trust it to remain as fault-free as it has over the years. This is why I decided to let her go. I'm not about to wait for costly failures or (further) high maintenance bills.

This car is a part of our family. The kids are crying and demand a goodbye-run. My wife admits that she has grown fond of it and has trouble letting go.

And me? I'm setting here with wet eyes writing this. This is one car I am going to miss. I have never owned a vehicle that has grown onto me more than this one. It is part of who I am and what I want to be.
I LOVE this car. But she has to go. She will no doubt go to a trader and I will not know where she will be and if the new owner will be nearly as good to her as I am, but that's life I suppose.

If anyone on here buys her, I'd like to know. There are not that many 2004 V8's around so you'll know.

I'm going to a dark side Smile. Not sure how dark, but any car but this one is just a car to me now. I'm sure the new one will grow on me too, but I cannot image that will be to the extent that this one has driven into my heart.

Maybe I'll be back some day. Maybe not. I won't be around here very often any more but I'll keep my account. Anyone who wants to reach me, feel free to drop a pm.

Warm regards to all of you lot Thumbs Up

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #17450656th Dec 2016 8:20 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Keep it!! Any maintenance will be much less than depreciation on a new(er) car. Or keep as well as a new car. Thumbs Up

Post #17450666th Dec 2016 8:22 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I though about that. But SWMBO doesn't want to drive it and I have no room for it. It would end up in a shed and that's not what it is meant for either.
Re depreciation: stupidest investment you can make is a car, I know, but I want a big, reliable and safe towing car. I'm so afraid I'll stand beside the road one day.
Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #17450706th Dec 2016 8:25 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Understood. Have kept my D3 for probably non sensible reasons but she is going to get used, even if it's just next year's North Cape run and to the gym once a week. Thumbs Up

Post #17450746th Dec 2016 8:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >