Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Laughing

I also keep this in reserve:
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #178288123rd Feb 2017 11:00 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter blame the ago he ker, sorry, auto checker.

Post #178291324th Feb 2017 12:40 am
disco5

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Neigbours......grrrrr

CFB wrote:
A new family have moved in to one of the properties that adjoins my rear garden. They have decided they like the look of said patch of land that, whilst it sits behind a fence, is well within my boundary as shown on the Land Registry title deeds.

So last weekend the guy orders me off the land and verbally abuses me (never met him or spoken to him before this!) tells me I'll be hearing from his solicitor Shocked So having offered to discuss this sensibly with him (which he declined) I take him a copy of the land registry plans and my contact details and ask him to re-think.

Came home on Monday to find that he has cleared all the wild shrubbery from the land and is in the process of beginning to landscape it. So having gained some legal advice I write to him again asking him what he's doing and to please keep off the land, I also erect a CCTV camera so I can keep an eye on the land and see who's doing what in case I need the evidence.

Yesterday, police knock on the door, he's reported me for a 'privacy intrusion' by placing the camera and the Police ask me to consider removing it

FFS, what's wrong with people. A simple discussion could have avoided all this but he seems hell bent on taking possession of this 10 square meter patch no matter what Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Where is said fence now took down ??? if so criminal damage .
He's Just moved in how long have you lived at your property for.??
Criminal damage just by act of clearing the site of vegitation trees ect .
Don't let him lay a paving slab or anything as if you take them up he can have you done for criminal damage.
THE Police cant ask you to take down something you own on your own land..
"You and your wife are being harassed by your new neighbour (point this out that he has just moved in and has started all this trouble and causing you alarm and distress on you own property.
Under the harassment laws he will be given a warning not to do it again if he does he will get charged and could be convicted... but you have to say harassment and causing alarm and distress.
They cant not act on it.THEpolice just want an easy life by palming you off with civil matter its not...

Had the same after i finished a job they wouldn't pay .... started taking up the patio and wham bam police arrive , caution me criminal damage "what belongs to me not payed for...sorry its there property and you damaging it .... you have been arguing with them yes i want my money , i may caution you that if you keep on causing them alarm or distress to these people by arguing you will be arrested for harassment..

Post #178298724th Feb 2017 10:25 am
harrythespider

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

One has to wonder why, if it is on your deeds, why is your fence erected 'the wrong side' of the disputed land and why you had not fenced the perimeter of the said land. I would suggest that because you have in effect isolated the disputed land from your own, it would be difficult to claim that you had use of that land. As previously mentioned, land registry plans are not overly accurate and it may be that your neighbours plans are misleading. Land litigation is notoriously expensive and common sense rarely applies and others have commented that deeper pockets sometimes win. If you are 110% confident the land is legally and indisputably yours, erect a perimeter fence around it and include it in your existing garden, I would simultaneously send your neighbor a recorded delivery letter informing of your actions and telling him any attempt to remove the new fence will be viewed as criminal damage and the police informed accordingly.
I would suggest a land registry search to ascertain the current status of any claim or ownership.

Post #178380925th Feb 2017 10:48 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Just picking this up again, the land in question does have a perimeter fence but for some odd reason (an error maybe) the original developers added an access gate to said neighbours garden, this presumably is what leads him to think he can enter.

I've considered adding another taller fence just inside the current one without a gate, as this will keep him out, although my concern is that he may well just damage it or remove some slats and whilst it would count as criminal damage it would be very difficult to prove.

Playing a waiting game now as there has been no further obvious intrusion to the land, hoping he may have backed off.
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #179427521st Mar 2017 12:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

I hear what your saying, but gate or no, if it's not his .........

Fair enough if he's backed off, but I wouldnt pin my hopes on it. I think one day your going to have to grasp the nettle and if that means putting up a secondary fence, so be it or nail up the gate from your side.

Post #179427921st Mar 2017 12:25 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

If you on't nip it in the bud now it will come back to bite you in the donkey. Whistle
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #179442521st Mar 2017 6:10 pm
RandomKamikaze

United Kingdom 

Attach this to said gate: http://www.williampowell.com/Shooting--Dog..._MA101.htm

Post #179473022nd Mar 2017 11:25 am
stevep

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Put a shed on the land. Anything under 4m tall should fall within Permitted Development and not require planning permission. Then fill the shed with bags of sand or something similarly heavy and cheap!

Post #179473622nd Mar 2017 11:45 am
HughMartin

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

What are the dimensions of this piece of land as a matter of interest?

Post #179474222nd Mar 2017 12:05 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

if he's just moved in, presumably he has some documentation (avoiding saying deeds/drawings etc. as not sure full scope of what gets provided) which came with the property he bought? this must surely specify what's his and what is not.

so if you work on the notion he's a chancer and has spotted possibility of gaining some "unclaimed" land, I see no reason you shouldn't challenge him.

don't leave it too long ... we think we lost a corner of our garden but hadn't got a tape measure out when we moved in as the garden looked to be sensibly proportioned and bigger than our neighbours Sad

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #179476922nd Mar 2017 1:44 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Update

Result!! Solicitor has done a great job of building a strong case and the aggressive neighbour has been forced to concede to avoid costly court action. He's now agreed to sign an undertaking that prohibits him from entering the land in future and he also must reinstate it to the condition it was in before all this started (so has to replace the fence he took down and make good the ground)

He still has to actually do this stuff but delighted the solicitors have got me to this point and it's cost me the grand sum of £50 (legal policy excess)
Post #182576612th Jun 2017 3:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

good stuff.

expect you to be posting "champagne" in the "what are we drinking tonight?" threads!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #182577912th Jun 2017 4:04 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

That's a nice result, I trust there's a nice smug feeling that comes with it too. Thumbs Up

Maybe your new neighbour will be a little more cautious in future.
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #182578412th Jun 2017 4:10 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

After being verbally abused and threatened by him resulting in a Police warning it's certainly a case of brains wins over brawn!

Champagne on hold until he reinstates everything but yes, feeling a tad smug Wink
Post #182580712th Jun 2017 5:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >