Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

2007 Land Rover freelander GS TD4 manual

171,000 miles

MOT November 17

With a heavy heart I'm going to have to sell my freelander after my partner died, I just can't justify keeping it as well as my discovery. We had planned to keep it long term, despite the high miles it's in very good condition mechanically. I run my own Land Rover based workshop from home in my spare time, so everything that has needed to be done has been and a major service carried out at the start of the year.

I'll get the bad bits out of the way to start with. Apart from the relatively high mileage, there isn't much service history with the vehicle before I owned it and since I've owned it I have kept details of everything I've done but no recipts kept as they go through my books and we never thought about selling it. The bodywork is a bit tatty, there is no accident damage but a fair few scratches and stone chips. There is a few small (10p coin size) rust bubbles, one on the drivers side rear wheel arch and 2 on the boot. All the panels are straight and the panel gaps are all good, doors close properly etc etc. They wheels are suffering a little around the nuts but it has 4 good matching tyres that all hold air with no leaks. The interia is in good condition overall, with no rips or tears in the seats. The rear seats look hardly used and the boot in nice as well. There is some wear on the gear lever and gator, the steering wheel is also worn but not badly and nothing out of place for the mileage.

The good bits are that EVERYTHING works how it should, no annoying little things here or there. I've used it my self a lot as well as my partner and know it inside out, I can't stand it when things don't work. It really does drive very well, I drive a lot of these cars and it genuinely is one of the best, if we went somewhere we would always use the freelander rather than the discovery.

In he last 18 months it's had -

Fully service of all oils and filters including diesel and pollen filter (engine oil has been changed every 5k miles since my ownership

Cam belt changed at 150k with reciept (before I owned it)

New genuine rear shocks

New hand brake shoes with all linkages and springs

New front discs and pads

New track rod ends

New altinater, idler, tensioner and belt

There is a towbar and electrics fitted which I've fitted my self just before Christmas, it's only been used for 2 short journeys. It's the correct dedicated plug and play version, not a universal one. If I get close to the asking price then I will leave it fitted.

I'll be sad to see it go, it's been a good one and I've enjoyed owning and driving it, if I could justify keeping it I would.

If you have any further questions please message me or you can call/text me on 07979596401.

£4,500 Ono

Thanks.

Pete.
 IID, webasto software and workshop facility's available.  
Post #179127914th Mar 2017 2:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >