Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

GVIF help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Irish Rover

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
GVIF help

Installed my GVIF device so that I could use a rear view camera a couple of years ago and it worked perfectly until three months ago when I had a new compressor fitted at the stealers and they had a look at my temperamental sat nav. When I got the car back the sat nav was declared without fault but my GVIF had given up the ghost. I haven't had chance to do anything with it until now and I' in need of some simple help. The red light on the unit comes on with the ignition and when I engage reverse the green light comes on so from what I can see the unit is working properly. My problem is with my video. I have my video lead with the black plugs on it and the red and yellow wire is connected to the white plug which plugs into the GVIF. On the other end of the lead are another pair of wires - red and yellow but I can't see where they go. I know I've got to plug one half of the lead via a black plug with an arrow on it into the light blue plug on the back of the sat nav but where does the other end go? Should the two wires go into the white plug on the av in/out socket on the GVIF and if so how do I make the connection on the plug. It is very small! Incidentally there are two short white wires already attached to the plug. Do they have a purpose?
Sorry for the long post but this is now driving me mad. I've consulted discobizz's excellent account and Other how to' but am still none the wiser. Some pics in my gallery show the leads mentioned and the version of the GVIF. All and any advice will be much appreciated.

Post #181352210th May 2017 7:00 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

They should also be connected to the same small white plug, they have come off some how, the black lead with the arrow on it is the screen feed that overlays the rear view camera image on the screen.

see this image

Click image to enlarge

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #181360910th May 2017 9:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Irish Rover

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Flack,
Many thanks for your pearls of wisdom! I couldn't see how I could remake the connections to the small plug so I contacted HIDSforU and they went the extra mile to locate a spare cable, which they don't normally carry, and have sent it out FOC. Well impressed by Hannah in their customer service.
Hopefully all will be up and running tomorrow. Thanks again
Gerry

Post #181377411th May 2017 11:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >