Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > eBay & Bargain Spots

Poss eBay scam
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ebygum32

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Poss eBay scam

Looking for a D4 and found this on the bay last night, did MOT History check and no vehicle registered with that registration, have contacted seller but by my reckoning it's £8-10k under budget

Here's the eBay number eBay Item No. 172681390598
 Goodyear Duratracs
Pirelli ATR gone
GG AT Gone
RLD Spare wheel protector
Leeds - London weekly return
Club ctek mxs10
Yorkshire 4x4 Response 

Post #181663119th May 2017 8:22 am
Iguana

Ukraine 

Looks like a scam, zero feedback also Censored Censored
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #181663219th May 2017 8:26 am
ebygum32

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Asked for them to contact me to arrange a viewing as only live 20 minutes away Thumbs Up we will see Whistle
 Goodyear Duratracs
Pirelli ATR gone
GG AT Gone
RLD Spare wheel protector
Leeds - London weekly return
Club ctek mxs10
Yorkshire 4x4 Response 

Post #181663419th May 2017 8:27 am
Discogaz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Listing now removed.

Guess they worked out they had been rumbled.

Post #181665119th May 2017 8:50 am
Iguana

Ukraine 

Censored eBay make it so easy for these scammers to set-up and operate, makes my blood boil!!! Censored Censored
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #181665419th May 2017 8:56 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

few years ago when I was first looking for a D3/4 to replace the 300tdi, I spent weeks persuading autotrader to be a little more vigilant ... the scrotes started by having an email address in the description, which autotrader were reasonably quick about sussing out but they moved to one of the pictures having it in there.

always got a response like this ...

Quote:
Hello there,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2012 Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 HSE 5dr Auto Diesel!
Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Cadiz, Spain (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in your name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days.Final price is GBP 15,400 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).The price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in Spain is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Spain.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the deal will be manage by a well known company,in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.

Thank you!

I used to string them along for days, saying how my mate lived in Spain could he come and see it or I was going there on business etc. ... whilst feeding info to autotrader. scummers were in Huddersfield area I think.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #181665519th May 2017 8:59 am
Disco4Ben

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

There seems to be quiet a bit of this scamming on eBay. I have often noticed cars advertised for well below there RRP. I saw a programme on the trek the other day that said that a lot of the car scams involved stolen vehicles that had cloned documents and VIN numbers etc. People weren't finding out until they tried to register the cars to find out that the owner of the real vehicle or even another duped buyer had blocked the transfer of ownership as they still had one of the vehicles in there possession.

Post #182561912th Jun 2017 7:34 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
My next door nieghbour....

Hardware17 wrote:
few years ago when I was first looking for a D3/4 to replace the 300tdi, I spent weeks persuading autotrader to be a little more vigilant ... the scrotes started by having an email address in the description, which autotrader were reasonably quick about sussing out but they moved to one of the pictures having it in there.

always got a response like this ...

Quote:
Hello there,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2012 Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 HSE 5dr Auto Diesel!
Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Cadiz, Spain (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in your name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days.Final price is GBP 15,400 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).The price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in Spain is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Spain.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the deal will be manage by a well known company,in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.
Thank you!

I used to string them along for days, saying how my mate lived in Spain could he come and see it or I was going there on business etc. ... whilst feeding info to autotrader. scummers were in Huddersfield area I think.

My ND nieghbour..
Had his quite new D4 nicked...
Eventually there was a lead to an address between Bradford - Kieghley it turned out to be a po box address....with no way of going further.
The police met a dead end...,the people who were running a load of PO boxes eventually wouldn't budge on giving more data claiming discrimination & filed a complaint against the police.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #182562212th Jun 2017 7:45 am
Disco4Ben

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Seems a joke that our police cannot even pursue such a crime to that extent. I once had a 3 year old BMW stolen that I had left parked outside a country pub over night. I still had the key so can only assume that they had trailered it away. The car was never seen again and although I reported it to the police, not once did they even bother to ask me any questions after my initial call to report the theft. Seems they are to happy to just give out a crime reference number to save their own time investigation crimes these days

Post #182569212th Jun 2017 1:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >