Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Sun blinds and headlining
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Sun blinds and headlining

I have a new D4, which needs a new head lining as the sun blinds don't stay shut (they keep popping open or just won't shut).

The dealer has been really good, it went in for some work and they tried fixing the blinds, but to no avail. They ordered a headlining and it turned up 5 weeks later (made to order) but when they opened the box it was damaged.

They ordered another, here I am another month gone by and no signs of the headlining being available.

I call the dealer each week, they tell me its on back order and might be here in a week, and another week goes by!

They seem unable to do anything to speed things up. I am frustrated, driving around in an 8 month old car, which has been faulty for nearly 3 months (took a little while to get into the dealers to start with) and have no visibility as to when the car is going to be fixed.

I've contacted LR Customer Services today to see if that helps. Any suggestions on how to speed things up?

(some might argue its trivial, but I've paid for a brand new car - all of it should work! also I want the sun blinds to work, to stop little 'un getting too much sun)
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #181795122nd May 2017 7:17 pm
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Had a call from the garage, new headlining due in stock, 4th June. So another two weeks. So if that comes good, that'll be something like 16 weeks to resolve Big Cry
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #181795322nd May 2017 7:18 pm
lab-monkey

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Had same problem with mine , went in when it would just randomly open, dealer managed to totally **** it up and mark roof etc. (never ever use stratstones again ).
 "Its as convincing as a Giraffe with sunglass trying to get into a Polarbears only golf club "
Disco 4 HSE 16

New RRS 4.4 

Post #181800322nd May 2017 8:31 pm
craigc

Wales 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Passenger door card was damaged on mine, didn't notice untill after pickup. told made to order over 3 months, then when fitted noticed none of the light working Banging Head another two visits to get right. Did say i wouldn't use Stradstones again after last Disco but Didn't Learn Banging Head

Post #181801022nd May 2017 8:46 pm
Mr.Tom

Had LRCS contact me today, they'll check with the garage and see if they can help (doubt it) and will discuss a good will gesture once the repair has been completed (no idea why they have to wait to discuss that)

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #181851523rd May 2017 10:51 pm
philm

England 

Why are they mentioning good will gesture when it's under warranty?
 L633 Defender
Range Rover Velar-gone
Discovery 4 Landmark-gone
Gap IID Tool 

Post #181855724th May 2017 7:30 am
Mr.Tom

Because of the time taken to resolve

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #181882824th May 2017 8:38 pm
Mr.Tom

So latest update - now due on the 9th June.

Taking the Censored - just over 6 months old and had a fault that they cannot rectify for 17 weeks or more!

Slips a week in a week. Awaiting call back from LRCS - but not holding my breath - will chase them tomorrow if I don't get a call.

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #18232696th Jun 2017 11:58 am
lespes

Guernsey 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just had this fixed today a yr on from collecting.

It was just the 2 rear blinds and would of been attended to before but seem pointless taking it back for this only, so waited, to no avail for something else to crop up.

I am led to believe that Landrover make the garage try a bodge fix by adding some packing to headliner first, trying to save costs, but this invariably fails, which then leads to the 2nd more costly fix of dropping the headlining.

Seems this was a common fault on the late run of D4's, probably a shortage of parts Thumbs Up
 D4 Landmark MY16 Santorini Black THE LAST
D4 HSE MY12 Marmais Teal: Gone. Missed a lot!
Freelander 2 SD HSE MY11 Silver:Thankfully gone.
D4 HSE MY11 Silver: Gone missed !
Range Rover Sport MY06 HSE Buck Blue: Gone missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Facelift MY Red Gone Missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Cobalt Blue: Gone Missed!
Discovery D1 Auto Oxford Blue Not missed at all!
Discovery D1 Avalon Blue First LR! missed!

Now demoted to a VW 

Post #18233966th Jun 2017 5:24 pm
philm

England 

Took mine in for first service yesterday and both rear blinds being sorted hopefully. Not heard from them today. Got an Evoque for courtesy car, not a nice car, glad I don't own one.
 L633 Defender
Range Rover Velar-gone
Gap IID Tool 

Post #18234046th Jun 2017 5:38 pm
Mr.Tom

Yep - I had an evoke - thought it drove OK (ish) but found it a bit uncomfortable and kept banging my head on the A pillar.

Also found that the traction control came on a lot Smile

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #18234626th Jun 2017 7:24 pm
philm

England 

Just picked mine up, said they could find nothing wrong with blinds, took technician out in it, about three hundred yards and it flew open. now booked back in for the repair.
Technician did say he had repaired a few, head lining down, drill out old catch and fit new ones. He said they are pop riveted to roof not the lining.
 L633 Defender
Range Rover Velar-gone
Gap IID Tool 

Post #18237107th Jun 2017 2:32 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I had the rearmost one replaced on my MY2015 D4 but after a week it was back to normal and kept springing open, got rid of the car before they had another go at it. My MY2016 Landmark has been fine so far. Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #18237887th Jun 2017 5:35 pm
Mr.Tom

My MY12 was fine, MY16 landmark however....

Sad

They've just replaced the headlining. Good news is one more black bad stays shut, bad news is one blind still doesn't

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #183721315th Jul 2017 7:43 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Mid blind keeps springing open on my 16 landmark. Due to be looked at when car in for service in a weeks time.

Is it actually fixable, or will they just make it worse by meddling with the headlining?
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #183725515th Jul 2017 10:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >