Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Kids or parents fault?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Kids or parents fault?

Dunno what's happened this summer but all of a sudden loads of kids congregate on short stretch of road outside our house. Generally don't have an issue, 7-8-9 riding bikes and scooters but, as ever, as they get comfortable it becomes a 'yard' with mini-basketball hoops and swing balls and bikes left across our driveway (SWMBO won't let me drive over them).

Came to a head when they started 'whipping' our beech hedge with skipping ropes and 'stripping' the leaves Censored Generally three kids from about 5 doors away.

Told them, sternly but fairly, not on and they should move away.

An hour later they're riding into our drive, looping round, and heading off, getting braver and coming on further and further. Again 'fair words' had and 'stay off' reiterated.

Another hour and I'm upstairs and one sneaks on drive. I watch a few minutes and the bravery pills obviously taken as they all start to push boundary again.

One odd thing is the next door neighbour sitting on his front lawn looking at phone or whatever on edge of pavement (they don't have hedge).

Open window and ask which bit of stay off my drive they don't understand. At this my 'neighbour' stands up and turns round. It's not my neighbour, it's their f Censored g dad. He does all the wide arms "they're not on your drive mate are they", "what harm is to you" b*ll*x

Gobsmacked Rolling Eyes Ask him, as homeowner and parent, exactly what is wrong with asking his kids to stay off my drive and away from my cars and what's wrong with by his own house.

Usual rant drivel back but he does Censored off. Kids obviously now spend an hour in evening screaming as they ride back and forth. I wonder who could have supported them in thinking that was OK Rolling Eyes

Post #182118231st May 2017 9:56 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

We had a similar Fwit at our old house, kept buying little Jonny more and more crap to use on the road, their drive was a postage stamp, the 2 cars filled it, so Fwit Jnr, little Miss Fwit and their friends decide to fill the road with bikes, skateboard ramps etc etc. but it's never outside mum and dads is it.

Once had a go as they were destroying a tree, ripping off branches for fun, Fwit Snr couldnt see any issue, I once had to pick up their little darling and carry him home in floods of tears and whaling as he'd had a spill, they'd no clue. Bad parenting in my book, they were too busy on prosecco Lambrini and Stella Carling to even notice.

Anyone who's met my kids or those of other members on a forum camp will confirm, kids can be well behaved and still have fun.

Football shirt wearing Censoreds Rolling with laughter rant over Thumbs Up
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #182119031st May 2017 10:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Oswiperus
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Parents fault, should be keeping an eye on what they are up to and giving then flea in their ear when they misbehave. Unfortunately some parents don't teach right from wrong or indeed know it themselves!
 Stu

2016 D4 Landmark current
2022 Defender D300 SE Gone Sad
D4 2014 XS Commercial - Gone Sad
D4 2016 hse lux montalcino red - Gone
D3 2005 se java black - current
D3 2005 base manual - gone Sad
D2 1999 TD5 E white - current 

Post #182119231st May 2017 10:13 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Like it or not, but by registering your objections to their behaviour you've probably made yourself a target.

They will now play a game with you in which they will try to wind you up and watch you go.

I understand how frustrated you must feel, but ignoring it would have probably been the best long term option.

Another tactic to consider would be to generally linger about in your garden, they don't like other people over hearing what they are talking about or play Val Doonachan music loudly Whistle

Post #182119831st May 2017 10:40 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Had similar issue with Fw*t from down the road and had similar words. however he decided it was good to knock on the door and then run away or hide. This happened a couple of times when i was at work and upset the Mrs, the third time it happened I was in. he thought the grumpy old git up the road would not be able to run and not only did he think i would not be able to run but I would not be able to keep up with him.
i did and a caught him and knocked on his door with his head. Fw*t senior came to door all screaming and making threats, I stood my ground and told him to make my day he didn't.
Nothing for a couple of weeks then we get a pit bike screaming up and down the road at all hours with Fw*t on it and no helmet. He was riding round a blind bend on wrong side and at speed nearly caused several accidents. Had words with parent but he was not bothered. So go video proof and reported it to Police, they came round and while reviewing film the Fw*t went past on the bike.
Up shot was he was nicked and taken to court, I went as witness again had threats off parent who thought I would back down, I didn't and while at court I made judge aware of threats, antisocial behavior and several issues associated with parents. Fw*t got done, lost licence and parents were both told any more issues and they would be held accountable. No more issues since
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #182119931st May 2017 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Not as bad as that Shocked

Agree and aware Dundonian, hence polite and restrained but there has to come a point and you shouldn't need to ignore after polite request (actually shouldn't need to ask as Censored shouldn't be doing it)

Never seen these three kids before and same cars on drive so can only assume holidays (although been 4-5 weeks now building up) or maybe even even divorce kids switch or something

Post #182120231st May 2017 10:49 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Have you got CCTV
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #182120431st May 2017 10:56 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Plug the sprinkler in Thumbs Up
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #182120831st May 2017 10:58 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Its amazing how much slower, tidyier and polite fwits in Corsa's are once they've had a pick axe through the roof of their car and the contents of the local playground bin emptied into it. Whistle
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #182121231st May 2017 11:17 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Oh, I've had problems with a neighbours son. I know how hard it is to show restraint. He mostly harassed by proxy, got his friend to drive his motor up my driveway on a weekly basis, rev up etc. before taking off. When I politely asked him to move, I got laughed, shouted and sworn at.

I phoned the Polis, the Cop told me tough, no offence. Probably the lads father! Evil or Very Mad

I then found out he was an apprentice welder who'd just been convicted of reckless driving for
doing something similar to another person. He just managed to retain his licence because of his employment status and the fact he would loose his apprenticeship. So I set up a cam recorder and waited for him to do it again. Obviously the little FW because aware his livelihood was on the cards and hasn't done it since. Pity, I would have loved the little b Censored d to have lost he licence and his apprenticeship. Rolling Eyes

Moral of the story, wait long enough and they will trip themselves up. Much as I would have loved to have had a square go with the boy, they aren't worth the effort.

Post #18212391st Jun 2017 6:15 am
buffalo4

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Grumpy Old Gits Rolling with laughter

Post #18212421st Jun 2017 6:57 am
Dave T

England 

Spot the non home owner Whistle Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #18212441st Jun 2017 7:03 am
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

The Dundonian wrote:
Oh, I've had problems with a neighbours son. I know how hard it is to show restraint. He mostly harassed by proxy, got his friend to drive his motor up my driveway on a weekly basis, rev up etc. before taking off. When I politely asked him to move, I got laughed, shouted and sworn at.

I phoned the Polis, the Cop told me tough, no offence. Probably the lads father! Evil or Very Mad

I then found out he was an apprentice welder who'd just been convicted of reckless driving for
doing something similar to another person. He just managed to retain his licence because of his employment status and the fact he would loose his apprenticeship. So I set up a cam recorder and waited for him to do it again. Obviously the little FW because aware his livelihood was on the cards and hasn't done it since. Pity, I would have loved the little b Censored d to have lost he licence and his apprenticeship. Rolling Eyes

Moral of the story, wait long enough and they will trip themselves up. Much as I would have loved to have had a square go with the boy, they aren't worth the effort.

Square goes are vastly over-rated. Far better to lie in wait in the dark and jump the b Censored d when he least expects it. Allegedly.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #18212451st Jun 2017 7:08 am
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

And I didn't type 'top chap' in my post.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #18212461st Jun 2017 7:09 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Gotcha Scott Thumbs Up Laughing

Down your way Saturday to pick up a RIB.

Post #18212551st Jun 2017 7:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >