DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Drivers window will not work\move
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JoeMacBandit

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3
Drivers window will not work\move

2007 LR3 (North American)

I purchased the car used from my wife's friend, knowing it had a few issues. The drivers window being one. It is fully closed but will not come down. I figured a window motor, but this motor has 5 wires going to it. 1. Power 2. Ground 3. Up signal (ground when active, power when not) 4. Down signal (ground when active, power when not). There is a fifth wire, but I am not sure what this is. How do I test the motor?

It could also be the switch pack. The 3 passenger switches in the switch pack work. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this 4 switch pack (5 switch with rear window lock out)?

This should be something easy to diagnose but I have found it difficult to find any meaningful information on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post #182925722nd Jun 2017 3:18 am
JoeMacBandit

When I operate the up switch I sometimes hear a click from the motor (I assume it is the relay), when I press down on the button I do not hear anything. Window is stuck up. If I had a pin out of the drivers side window motor I could probably by pass the switch and add power\ground to see if it works, but there is an extra wire (5 wires, power, ground, up signal, down signal, unknown)...unknown. Is this an enable....what voltage should be on it. I bought the online shop manual from e-manual...it has only an engine wiring diagram....obviously this is really not a true shop manual...currently bitching at them.

I also jumped from the switch to the connector (1st connector 6-pin and was able to get the passenger switch to open the passenger side (so I know I have the correct pin out for this connector)...when I use the passenger switch down and connect to the drivers down pin on the connector it does not work...again maybe I need this enable....not sure.

I am determined now more than ever to figure this out without throwing parts at it.

Post #183001524th Jun 2017 4:01 pm
4x4phil

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

there's a break in the wire between b post and the door 8)

Post #183161928th Jun 2017 7:24 pm
JoeMacBandit

found wiring diagrams for free at my local library online (complete service manual)...contradicted the e-manual pinout for the connector (completely incorrect....Disco2?). I was able to get my window to move by using the passenger switch in the master control to drive the drivers side switch....now I know it is not the motor and the switch is the culprit. I have opened it up and will try to re-solder some of the joints. I have found master switches online...dealer OEM pricing is a little steep > $150.

My part number is YUD501550PVJ

at RoverLandParts.com they have a master switch for $95, but the part numbers listed are
YUD501570PVJ, YUD501110PVJ

Anybody have any idea what the difference is between each of these three master switches
besides the obvious difference in the part number itself

YUD501550PVJ
YUD501570PVJ
YUD501110PVJ

Post #183164028th Jun 2017 8:08 pm
JoeMacBandit

opened up master switch pack. Had a friend look at it and he found a connector pin had broken out of a solder joint...fixed that but still open circuit....followed trace on PCB and found some corrosion and open circuit (soda or rain had gotten in). Jumped the open circuit with some wire. Working again. Reassembled master switch module and plugged into harness...all windows no working...just finished putting the switch pack back into the door panel...I will install the door panel this week end.

Post #183208130th Jun 2017 2:35 am
Dartanjang

Sweden 

Excellent engineering work. Compliments for being stubborn, analytic and pushing through to a solution.

Post #183209130th Jun 2017 6:35 am
JoeMacBandit

Thanks. I just put the door card back on and everything is still working.

Post #18331053rd Jul 2017 4:53 pm
hergum

Norway 

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction! I just fixed my driver side window lift with soldering on a small wire to fix an open circuit on the PCB.

Post #187161323rd Oct 2017 9:09 pm
JoeMacBandit

cool. I should have taken a picture and posted it, but hopefully yours will encourage others to try to fix the switch pack.

Post #187166324th Oct 2017 1:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >