DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Aftermarket Diesel Particulate Filter Availability
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Aftermarket Diesel Particulate Filter Availability

TSB LA309-001
"In order to meet existing and future European legislation it is planned to release aftermarket Diesel Particulate Filters for appropriate Land Rover diesel vehicles. Land Rover are working with Gat Kat, an established German-based supplier. The Diesel Particulate Filters may be installed on a new vehicle, or retro-fitted to an older vehicle. Please note they have not been homologated as part of a new vehicle and thus 'new' vehicle installation means installation at zero mileage but post-sale.

They should not be confused with the factory-fit closed-loop Diesel Particulate Filter systems available on most current models, which are more complex and perform to different standards. The retro-fit Diesel Particulate Filter is typically between 30% and 60% effective at reducing carbon particulates in the exhaust, and will not achieve some of the most stringent emissions standards.

The first part released is for Discovery 3/LR3 diesel, part number LR004691. Other releases will be advised separately.

The retro-fit Diesel Particulate Filters will be engineered as one-for-one replacements for existing exhaust components, or to fit exhaust systems at service joints. Only mechanical installation is required – there are no sensors or wiring to connect, and no additives are used. Installation instructions are included. The Diesel Particulate Filters self-regenerate at relatively low temperatures, are maintenance-free and come with a 3-year 100,000km (62137 miles) Warranty where installed to a new vehicle (see first paragraph) or 2 years 80,000km (49709 miles) for an older vehicle. Mileage on installation should be recorded. All claims for manufacturing defects on this component must be submitted as Parts Warranty. "

Post #7769811th Aug 2006 3:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

is this something that needs to be retro fitted or is it an optional fix?
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #7771111th Aug 2006 4:29 pm
catweasel

Re: Aftermarket Diesel Particulate Filter Availability

10forcash wrote:
Filters for appropriate Land Rover diesel vehicles
so I take it as it says to meet European standards then it will not be required outside of the UK and Europe Question  
Post #7771511th Aug 2006 4:36 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I think this is purely a marketing exercise for LR to appear 'green' and environment friendly.

Unless a government gives a tax concession on the 'retro fit' option I cannot see why LR would even offer such a kit?????
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #7774011th Aug 2006 4:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoStu

England 

These might be to cover a gap where new engine modification (to meet latest EU Regs) isn't ready, but where sales are still required i.e. 3.0 TDV6 is for Euro 6 emissions, but there may be some older 2.7's around when Euro 6 comes into effect. Rather than scrap these older cars (or swap engines) they could retrofit this filter?
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #7775011th Aug 2006 5:43 pm
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

so would this reduce the D3s CO2 emmisions figure to below 225g I wonder?

If so may pay for itself as a retro fit if the greenies get their way Rolling Eyes
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #7775111th Aug 2006 5:48 pm
luckylours

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I have a very early '08 model with an L004691 mounted (swiss market) with 150kkm on the clock. i have blank the EGR few days ago and fixed the inlet butterfly open . No software patch needed at this time (but i have bought one at BAS and ready to be apply if needed ... Whistle ).

Does someone know if the L004691 particle filter is subject to clog up over time ?

If yes, a cleaning can be achieve ?

Thank you in advance for your input !

Post #184713914th Aug 2017 12:41 pm
mek

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi,

I am also in Switzerland (Zurich). Aren't you worried about the abgas implication of EGR blanking or is an 08 Euro4 (in which case I don't think you need the abgas?)

Thanks,

Andy

Post #184720014th Aug 2017 5:23 pm
luckylours

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Andy, not sure what do you mean exactly with the "abgas" word, you mean technical or regulation trouble ? sorry, I don't get it Embarassed .

Regulation : usually with euro4 they don't have check the emissions, at least it was the case for me two years ago ... Whistle You are in trouble if they open the bonnet (keep your tonfa stick in hand in case... Wink )or if the engine light is on on the dashboard. But I don't know how they do in Zurich...

Technicallly : I never heard about it ?

Post #184722114th Aug 2017 6:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >