Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Suddenly - loads of Fault Codes....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dannyson

England 
Suddenly - loads of Fault Codes....

Shocked 2 - 3 weeks after 2 year service (with update to Gateway Module to address no stop/start) fault codes in abundance over the last few days .... starting with long beep and yellow triangle - No ABS followed by No HDC; EPB; Parking Sensors and a number of others that appeared so quickly couldn't note them all.

Cleared themselves the next day but after a couple of miles all came back on again so stopped off at LR dealership and they diagnosed ABS sensor fault - which apparently affects just about everything else.

So going into dealership Friday to get ABS sensor changed ...... all faults cleared by dealer before driving away today - but needless to say - stop start is not working again...... but so far no more faults have shown, although not holding my breath!

I'm now beginning to realise what others have said ..... JLR do not make reliable cars.... indeed according to 'Which', along with all other LR/Jaguar cars they are a 'don't buy' ...... whilst the number of respondents to the 'Which' magazine review was low...... even so...! I'm now thinking of getting rid before it gets worse.. Rolling Eyes
 2016MY Discovery HSE - Black
2009MY Toyota Land Cruiser (Lc4) - Black 

Post #184809616th Aug 2017 10:03 pm
Dannyson

England 

New ABS sensor fitted, fault codes cleared..... but, of course, Stop Start has stopped again Rolling Eyes - needs to be booked in again to analyse that.... I can't be bothered .... Evil or Very Mad

So...... Volvo brochures arrived today for the XC60 and 90.... my research shows the brand is much more reliable and should give me more 'peace of mind'.... looked at one of the 90 forums - and the one I saw was 'dead' - just a few minor issues - bit like the Land Cruiser ones. The quieter the better on the 'faults and fixes' has to be good IMO (unlike LR) Thumbs Up

Having spent much time waiting in the Dealership - checked out all the cars including the huge and monstrous "All New Discovery', Velar and the like - can't say I'm that impressed. Having said that not visited a Volvo dealer yet... Embarassed Confused
 2016MY Discovery HSE - Black
2009MY Toyota Land Cruiser (Lc4) - Black 

Post #184881118th Aug 2017 10:11 pm
stephenw46

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I've got a D4 the stop start can be a pain in the back side at time , mine works then doesn't my dealership told me the battery needed charging, so I find that after a long trip it works again looks like sub standard battery to me

Post #184882919th Aug 2017 6:12 am
Dave T

England 

I find it I do a few days of short start stop driving it "rests" for a while till I do a longer trip.

Fost Longstrider just had a Volvo whilst his D4 was away getting repaired after a van reversed into him.....he was more than thankful to get his D4 back. Really would suggest a long test drive of a Volvo, you'll soon fall back in love with the D4 Whistle
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #184883619th Aug 2017 7:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stephenw46

I will had to this after 7.5 years of D3 manual ownership I purchased my 2014 D4 on April the 3rd it's been back to the dealership five times but only to put fight what we agreed when I purchased her but the tin hut behind her for the 9th trip to lake Garda was the best drive there ever

Post #184894119th Aug 2017 12:49 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

I wish my Stop/Start would stop working permanently Whistle

Post #184894719th Aug 2017 1:20 pm
n1cktdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Worst thing I ever did was move out of a D3 and in to an XC90. Very comfy but constant issues with injectors, rear air assisted springs and the hateful electrics. XC90's looked like a good option for me but wish I had stayed with the D3.
 D4 HSE....Probably, but not quite decided yet.
3.6 TDV8 Vogue
XC90 SE Lux
A8 Quattro TDi
D3 SE 

Post #184895519th Aug 2017 1:49 pm
stephenw46

If you want to stop the stop star working take the earth lead off the stop start battery

Post #184895819th Aug 2017 2:06 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Wouldn't that would throw up a fault code/warning light ?

Post #184896319th Aug 2017 2:25 pm
jonno1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Took me 14 months to convince my dealer that the battery in my 13 month old car was faulty. They finally agreed this 2 weeks ago and it was replaced after discussion with customer services (LR).
Stop/start now working as it should, random lights, bongs and fault codes all gone.
Amazing the consequences of a faulty rather than flat battery.
Just my view.

Post #184901219th Aug 2017 4:20 pm
Pedros

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Remember folks that the stop/start is something that only works when the battery is top notch, the electrical system isn't drawing too much (blowers, wipers, sound system, window heaters on?) and you aren't using the foot pedals like a paddle boat on Lake Windermere. So, really, don't expect it to work all the time.

As for loads of warning lights/signals appearing, often that is the sign of a battery that is ready for retirement.

The main advantage of the stop/start facility in most people's eyes is the amount of road tax you pay.

Post #184920820th Aug 2017 10:18 am
Gilly1

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Iv recently got my D4 back from LR after getting 4 wheel alignment, transmission software update & new break light switch, my stop/start worked twice the day after and hasn't worked since, (approx 2 wks ago) its booked in for Friday, hopefully a simple fix but reading up on stop/start issues it seems it can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes. Only had car approx 5 weeks and been back twice now and that is with 3/4 weeks waiting time to be booked in, (I really hope it's just teething problems) it's approved used not new.

I no stop/start is not to many people's liking but I like everything to function as intended. Must be the OCD in me. Laughing
 2015MY discovery 4 se tech with factory black pack.
With added
Rse, tv, electric memory seats, rear camera, heated steering wheel,
Headlight dip assist, remote FBH, led door light pack,easy lift kit,osram front fog/drl/active cornering lights. and whatever els I can find to do, 

Post #184921720th Aug 2017 11:01 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >