Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Green transport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Green transport

Our company operates, with a 'service partner', a bus service from local big towns to our various sites in Midlands area. It currently doesn't go from Stratford-Upon-Avon but they are looking at that as quite a few employees live in the town/area now.

In the meantime the, helpful, travel people can provide current public transport link details.

Here they are;

For SWMBO her current car journey is 17.4 miles and (using the LR remote app) show's that it takes her a pretty consistent 21 minutes there in morning and similar home with maybe a bit more flex due to traffic of about + 2minutes.

For me, at different site, I do 17 miles on motorway route in mornings at 6.10am that takes 20 minutes and coming home is one of two routes; 14.9 miles or 18.4 miles 'cross country' (depends on time/traffic) and they take fairly consistent 20-30 minutes respectively, again using the Jaguar remote app.

Now the public transport options;

For SWMBO a 25 minute walk to town followed by one bus (and there is only one bus that goes in morning) that will take her 1 hour and 19 minutes and stops right by her plant entrance. Coming home is similar with choice of two 'early evening' buses.

For me to get to my site 'sometime after 6.00am' on a weekday entails a similar 25 minute walk to get first bus, two bus changes (albeit one is physically remaining on the same bus) and a 10 minute walk the other end to get into office. The total bus journey time is 2 hours and 19 minutes plus the walk each end. However I need to leave the day before as the 'first bus of the day' is in the afternoon Rolling with laughter

The return journey is a similar route taking 2 hours and 14 minutes and I'd get into Stratford about 8.24pm if I left on the 'early' 5.09pm bus from work.

This journey has 75, yes seventy five stops on the journey Shocked

Here is a picture of the journey on a map Rolling with laughter

I think I'll stick with the car(s) Thumbs Up

Post #192939623rd Mar 2018 2:41 pm
Stufea

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

yep I had the same trouble.
Worked on a very large trading estate but lived in the next town, the first bus to work got me there 30 minuets after I started and the last bus from the trading estate to home was half an hour before I finished work. Its not that I had strange working hours 8.30-5.30 or I was travelling to a out of the way place so I dont know why they thought running the buses from 9-5 was a good idea
 2006 D3 HSE
Java Black
Clock in Dash
3 Flash Indicators
V8 brake upgrade 

Post #192939923rd Mar 2018 2:54 pm
J77

Scotland 

The company I work for operate ‘workers buses’ but work together to ensure the buses coincided with shifts and the routes are where people need to be in reasonable time.

We have a dockyard contract paid for by the workers, they set the route, times and pick up points. We also have a seasonal contract with Amazon, again they set out the route, times and pick up points. They work when done properly.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #192941423rd Mar 2018 3:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >