Page 2 of 2 <12
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

It doesn’t bother me now tbh. Makes the car stand out from the crowd. Whistle

Post #203681414th Mar 2019 5:51 am
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Phev not on list too.

Tyres are an interesting point...swapping for firestone 125's r15(aka 2CV tyres) no doubt to reduce rolling resistance and overall vehicle experience.
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #203683114th Mar 2019 7:32 am
chalky

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

The 3.0L veh's have not been tested as yet ? So i'd anticipate pretty much more of the same.....

I've recently gotten rid of a D5 after having had 4 Oil & Filter changes inside 10 Months and 10,000 Miles, The problem is my driving style, throughout he whole saga i managed to debunk their theory that short journeys block the DPF...... I only do Mtwy miles so within 3 days they returned to me stating that conducting Mtwy miles does not create the heat required to re gen the DPF....

They sent me out a revised driving style statement which said i should drive on dual carriageways, ring roads and A roads, Utilise SPORT mode while changing gear with the paddles to hang onto rev's whilst the turbo gets hot enough to burn the DPF. This had to be done for 50 mins above 3K Revs.

BASICALLY: I asked if these figs had been taken into account whilst advertising their efficiency and emmisions results, as i had conducted their routine and averaged 9MPG, didnt get out of 3rd gear and and used half a tank of fuel. WLTP which replaced the old emmisions tests should be created by real world driving on a road through all scenarios and not in a wind tunnel at 56MPH on a rolling road.

I had asked if their revisions had been tested as the efficiency had dropped off a cliff, It seems odd that efficiency should be going one way but has basically remained the same in that some manufacturers seem to think they can do what they want ?
 Only dead fish go with the Flow !  
Post #203685414th Mar 2019 9:05 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

It's not particularly logical to have gone for a recall while not having tested the engine they have had the longest Confused
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #203687214th Mar 2019 10:04 am
SN

I think they have to go as soon as possible (even if 3.0 has not been retested) - VAG are being screwed, at least in part, over the fact they delayed coming clean
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #203688314th Mar 2019 10:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
J77

Scotland 

Rolling Eyes This will be another dealer visit

Hopefully not though.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #203690914th Mar 2019 11:12 am
chalky

Depends on which state of architecture or tune ?

The early 3.0 D5 had a Turbo Knocked off alledgedly because they were struggling to get it inside the claimed figs and after VW were nailed to the cross manufactureres were in a race to rectify any figs claimed which may or may not be false.

The 3.0L Patrol varient was dropped relatively sharply, The 3.0L Diesel as we know was replaced by the RRS unit with 2 Turbo's. And my own D5 "Single Turbo" Although not slugish drove differently every time it left the Dealers, I'm not sure if this was a gradual blocking of the DPF resulting in lack of exhaust gas escape or varying states of Tune being applied to try and increase heat to generate a succesfull Re-Gen. I'm not sure it was emmiting the same emmisions at the end as it was when it was tested.

In the end and after having a 2019 D5 306BHP for a few weeks i couldnt tell the difference between that one and my own ? It felt like it had been stripped out, lightened and power increased.

It's gone now, I've got an X5. It doesn't fill me with the same emotion as a Land Rover but it's a dam site more well made, A LOT more economical and the On road driving is a league apart, The bad bit is other road users treat you with a completely different attitude.
Post #203692214th Mar 2019 11:56 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

This seems to indicate that they have done recent independent testing including the 3.0

https://www.enginetechnologyinternational....sting.html
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #203692314th Mar 2019 11:57 am
jimbg

United Kingdom 

Yes, those are the guys who tested the TD6 and were mentioned in the "Cleaner than a Clio" article.

Post #203694914th Mar 2019 1:30 pm
J77

Scotland 

Asked my LRCRC case worker to check and see if my Velar was included. Happily mines clean.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #203837719th Mar 2019 3:12 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

chalky wrote:
It's gone now, I've got an X5.

I wondered how you’d gotten on, did you just offload the D5 or manage to reject it? Haven’t looked properly on the D5 site for a few weeks. Enjoy the BM, certainly my 5 series build quality/total reliability made LR quality look like a total joke.

One tip re other drivers. Use your indicators as normal, totally confuses peeps. Laughing

Post #203856520th Mar 2019 1:13 am
chalky

I offloaded it to WEBAC, Gave me 4K more than the LR dealer offered and the BMW dealer who also had a JLR dealer offered the same, so i offloaded it to them who now prob have to auction it off to main dealer who by rights should know it's true worth....

Interestingly i have noticed that BMW drivers NEVER use their indicators so when indicating on the Mtwy to change lanes it Totally confuses people when you do and this gives them the incentive to close the gap, so i too have just dipped into another and it's almost generally accepted that BMW drivers just don't indicate and there fore this causes no flashing or closing of gaps, After a Month the novelty of the interior ambient light settings have worn off, there are a mutitude of colours in various configurations, power in the 40d is very silky and almost sports car like, the cabin feels very much cocoon like and is a very relaxing space to spend 5 hours on a long journey, I'm looking forward to our annual trip to the Southern Spain and possibly bringing it forward to Easter to see if i can loose interest in it....

I am over the disapointment of spending all that money on a car that refused to operate as intended because of the ludicrously short service interval with JLR's advice to not drive outside of the service level and with a 2 month wait to get booked in made owning one an absolute joke !!!!!

I spoke to a friend about it recently who has said that there is some form legal entity setting up that chases mis sold mortgages, Loans, credit cards etc that is seeking to enter into this space where by people have purchased vehicles that have not worked as intended and the manufacturer has refused to accept any form of responsibility, hard to prove in some instances however in my case and after all the rubbish about driving style in email i think this could gain some form of credence as there are many JLR owners all being told the same thing re driving style. Having had an R Line Tiggy fall foul of the VW scandal that was de tuned and after 10 EGR VAlves and countless kangaroo starts in 2 years we got rid of that as well,

The only luck i have is bad luck Big Cry
Post #203863220th Mar 2019 11:16 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

WBAC sounds the sensible route, chopped my D4 that as once I decided it was going then just wanted it gone. Thumbs Up

Post #203863620th Mar 2019 11:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >