DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Workshop manual section 310-01c fuel tank and lines
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
garnerj

United Kingdom 2008 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3
Workshop manual section 310-01c fuel tank and lines

Folks

I don’t suppose anyone happens to have the above mentioned section in the workshop manual. I have dive a search and checked out the wiki but it doesn’t seem to be in there. I’m my specifically looking for the diagram of the fuel tank internals. I noticed a pipe inside that didn’t appear to be connected to anything but I can’t fit the life if ne work out where it goes!

Black ribbed pipe with no connector on the end. Like the ones on the pump itself but they are all in tact! Feels as if it’s coming from the opposite end of the table than the pump in a straight line but difficult to tell as I have big hands at fat arms so can’t get my arm in very far!

Any help appreciated as always.
 2008 Disco3 2.7 Tdv6 HSE
2011 L322 Range Rover 4.4 Tdv8 Vogue SE
2002 P38 Range Rover 4.6 V8 Vogue Se 

Post #219569623rd Dec 2020 8:05 am
Wez

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

I think I might have your answer. Just waisted so much time on this pipe. My tank I think has been out in past ownership . And he or garage just left pipe of. I was fitting new in tank pump and found pipe.... argghhh....where does it go ... I believe it is fuel return pipe and dumps return fuel away from pump to cool it. I have other picture if this is not the pipe.
 Land rovers are to prevent you having idle hands.  
Post #219572323rd Dec 2020 11:46 am
garnerj

Wez, you sir are a diamond! That’s the one! I did wonder if that is where it went it juts seemed like the connection was not very secure and I couldn’t work out why the return would not just go straight down but the temp explanation makes sense! Maybe mine has been a paper in the past as well or perhaps I dislodged it as I opened it up without noticing.

Thanks for the info. Really is a big help.

Juts putting it all back together now to see if a new pump solves my issue. I suspect not but it needed doing anyway as it was on its way out I suspect as it have a low current draw so if it doesn’t fix it I’d chalk it up as preventative maintenance.
 2008 Disco3 2.7 Tdv6 HSE

Post #219572423rd Dec 2020 12:01 pm
Wez

What's the problem you triying to fixing ?
Post #219572523rd Dec 2020 12:05 pm
Leon

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Glad Wez helped you out ,

When he was doing his I had him on the phone to me in real desperation about this pipe.

He must of been real desperate phoning me as I'm a sparky!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #219572823rd Dec 2020 12:11 pm
garnerj

Disco cut out on me while driving and now doesn’t run. Since sticking a new fuel filter in I can now get it to just start but it’s lumpy as hell and will only run with full throttle although it doesn’t Rev high at all. If I try to turn the steering wheel or put it in drive then it stalls straight away!

No fault codes at all which is what made me think it was low pressure side of the fuel run.

Next steps for me are to test the fuel pressure at Schrader valve on top of engine when my gauge arrives. I have got fuel coming out there when I manually test but not sure how much pressure. Although must be enough as the engine runs, just very badly!

After than my thoughts were to check the rear belt although I would have thought if that had gone then it wouldn’t run at all with no highly pressure pump running! Spoke to local indie who can’t look at it until the new year and he said that it may be worth checking from pulleys and he has also had a random one where the cam bolts had snapped too on one side which meant it would run but o it just!

Also going to have a look at some of the live values when it stops raining too to see if their are any clues there! Gotta charge the battery first though as I have flattened it trying to see what’s going on!

The bit that confuses me is that it’s not registering any faults. It’s like the car thinks it’s running ok! It’s far from doing that!
 2008 Disco3 2.7 Tdv6 HSE

Post #219573023rd Dec 2020 12:18 pm
Wez

I view you more as my psychiatrist as much as i do a mate.
Post #219573223rd Dec 2020 12:24 pm
Wez

I had issues at 1/4 tank of fuel. Going up hills. Car would throw up dash wording of engine fault. Run like limp mode or cut out. Would re prime on bleader but air in system and would take some starting. Then run fine intermittent fault. The fuel at bleader was a dribble not a spurt. Filter on pump clogged and aged pump. The pump I think provides a vacume while running and fills bucket pump sits in so its in fuel on big hills. Poor pump. poor vacume .empty bucket on low fuel then air in system. I am a sod for running on 1/4 tank but this is only 2inch of fuel in tank, so pump is not even sat in fuel. A word to re starting after pump re fit. It does not like to start does not prime at valve. Did prime sequence 6 times then just cranked it till battery nearly dead. It went eventually. But I only had a 1/4 tank of fuel in.
Post #219576723rd Dec 2020 2:12 pm
Wez

Nasty little job 😡. It was easier replacing rusty rear x member
Post #219576823rd Dec 2020 2:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >