Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

disco3 - electrical connection map - where is what? (needed)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
johnympl

United Kingdom 
disco3 - electrical connection map - where is what? (needed)

Hi,1st post , i have a diagrams for D3 but the missing part is the map where the splits are located. specifically i am looking for sj2721 or sj6721 as the instrument cluster can't see communication with TCM (gearbox ecu) at the times. have bad CAN signals on Network - actually it my as well miss Ground connection. if anybody have some graphics or specifications contact me please. HS CAN pin 2 and 6 from tcm towards first splice. any help much appreciated

Post #22659087th Dec 2021 5:03 pm
Nutterwatts

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

You should be able to find what you need in the 'Wiki' at the top of this page. If this link works it takes you to the wiring diagrams: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AGC0...mp;o=OneUp
Otherwise I think TOPIX will have what you need.

Post #22660428th Dec 2021 12:46 pm
johnympl

United Kingdom 

brilliant looked trough, have similar diagrams and same it gives length of the cable for splices on power or earth distribution but not on CAN network. I have diagrams like it (way of mapping) for Chrysler 300 and apart from diagrams there were attached illustrations with the view where to look for splices and how looms were laid in the bodywork. was trying to avoid making naked the loom at some point. will get to it tomorrow in the garage.

Post #22660808th Dec 2021 3:46 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

TCM is located on the same place as the engine ECU… right side on the firewall on a LHD behind the primary starter battery, on a RHD where the second battery can be placed…

It is very sensitive for water ingress and not sealed Shocked

The bonnet sealing rubbers tend to shrink when getting older and the corners at the window side, starting to leak in to the engine bay…… in one of the corners is your TCM….

I have seen a few, with water damage… blown IC /chips inside, corroded pins, etc… all these issues can cause the miscommunication issues you experience…

Just open is up and you can check water damage or corrosion etc…

You can get new “universal” Bosch ones around 100 quid, reflash them with the LR software with a IID and there you go again…
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #22661148th Dec 2021 8:01 pm
Nutterwatts

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Oh your right I just looked again at that document and can see no info on splice lengths, I found this one as well which does have the lengths in mm Smile
https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...work_0.pdf

Post #22661548th Dec 2021 11:32 pm
johnympl

United Kingdom 

Motolab wrote:
TCM is located on the same place as the engine ECU… right side on the firewall on a LHD behind the primary starter battery, on a RHD where the second battery can be placed…

Transmission box ecu (TCM) is on the offside of the gearbox. Transfer Box control module - is the one located behind ECM engine control module.

but thanks will look there too as the High speed CAN goes from TCM exactly towards ECM and TBCM.

have on dash now something new - HDC fault on dash and somehow once battery is connected it flashes hazard lights all the time. sometimes when reconnected battery it starts, sometimes not. still interminient no CAN communication between TCM and Instrument cluster. some ecu still is disrupting communication, there must be something else ..

thanks for help

Post #226650210th Dec 2021 10:08 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ah! Anyway, big chance there is still your problem..

I had 2 years ago similar issues and this is what i found..

Water can go there very easily
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #226652510th Dec 2021 10:37 pm
Yankee_Rover

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Motolab wrote:

It is very sensitive for water ingress and not sealed Shocked

The bonnet sealing rubbers tend to shrink when getting older and the corners at the window side, starting to leak in to the engine bay…… in one of the corners is your TCM….

Indeed. I discovered this gasket had shrunk on my LR3 and had allowed water to collect in the Left side box (LHD, so the spare battery box). Quite the scare when I discovered it. I tore out the interior sill trim and footwell carpet to verify nothing made it into the cabin. Luckily this side is “just” sealed wires with no connectors or modules, and I caught it early. Had I not found it in the summer, it surely would have flooded the footwell eventually once the level was high enough. Drained water out of the plug below (at base of wheel well, where wiring loom enters the box) and then trimmed my gasket around the front hood bumper stops so I had length to seal the corners. Now there is a 3” gap at the front of the hood, but the read is water tight.

See gap:

See fix:

Final:
 2008 LR3 HSE, 4.4L V8  
Post #226663111th Dec 2021 4:49 pm
johnympl

United Kingdom 

i have checked transfer box location , seems somebody was already sorting it before, no moisture and the wiring junction behind battery, under it dry as well. sorted wet wires going to the gearbox ecm, works well all fine but now audio went dead, few times it was telling about some fault and the need to turn off, now not turning on at all. its kind of strange. dismantled part of the front dash, seems related to wiring, sometimes it drain 0,4A other times goes up to 0.8A, other times when cables disconnetced or moved goes down to a correct value of 0,027A (boonet and doors simulated to be closed). its definitly something going between wiring but the visible parts have no damages so it must be something deeper. wish to avoid taking whole dash down.

Post #22717309th Jan 2022 4:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >