Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

S video or aux for inverter use but not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
atv

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4
S video or aux for inverter use but not working

I have a discovery 4 landmark (2016), which has 3 s video rgb plugs in the back of the rear passenger console and what looks like an aux plug, but the aux plug does not seem to be activated, something is stuck in it which i can't remove, it doesn't look like it's meant to be removed. I guess it's not enabled on the landmark (i do have an aux port on the front glove compartment).

So i got a 300 watt inverter, to hook up a xbox, and while it works fine, i get not signal nor am i quite sure what to choose to get this signal. I seem to only be able to choose from usb, aux, tv and iPod for the rear media.

So not sure what's going on. I'm using a usb powered plug that converts HDMI to s-video, so that should work ok.

Has anyone tried to do this before ? I've seen some people using the aux port but as this has s-video ports i thought i might as well use those. Very little information online i find, but i guess that's probably because it should be reasonably straightforward.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Post #22899001st May 2022 5:17 pm
atv

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

nm, i got this to work. In case it helps anyone, I was using a s-video to hdmi converter rather then a hdmi to s-video. Apparently there's a difference.

Not sure i'm to pumped about the small screens and the resolution though, but that's another thing. Also would be nice to get the aux channel to the front screen, but that doesn't seem possible.

Post #22900612nd May 2022 7:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >