DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

compressor failure, please read urgent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
compressor failure, please read urgent

hi all

just had land rover assist out and they have said i need a new compressor due to suspension fault, my problem is i am going on holiday today and they have offered me a mondeo as a replacement car Twisted Evil

what i want to know from you lot is would you use my car to go 80 miles away i have tried it today on a 5 mile trip and all was ok

cannot get 4 people a dog, pressents and luggage in a Censored mondeo

what would you all do, please reply asap

cheers shawn

ps happy christmas to you all
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3410521st Dec 2005 11:19 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I'd be hesitant to drive 80 miles in case you end up having to do 30MPH all the way if you get a Suspension Warning.

I know my dealer would at least give me a Freelander to loan not a Mundao !

try the dealer again and ask for a LR product to loan in the light of the seasonal cheer !

Check to see if you do use the D3 and it does go into nanny mode that you won't damage it further. I guess the 30MPH limit warning is to cover them for roll over's etc as the self levelling won't work. But also it may mean that the suspension could be damaged if you drive too far and too hard.

Your call but I'd speak to the dealer again and get their assurance first.

Post #3410921st Dec 2005 11:30 am
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If it helps, I'm on my 3rd compressor.

The previous 2 gave up the ghost ONLY when I used it, ie if I left it in NORMAL mode, the suspension faults didn't usually happen, unless it got very wet, but that may have been a wiring loom problem.

The down side of doing that was I didn't get it muddy until I was more than sure (15k miles later) I could use the suspension in anger.

However, it did let me down big time once when I had 3 big guitar amps & cabs, and their owners plus guitars loaded up and it sank to access mode. A 3 mile journey was very bumpy .. But, having left it alone for a few hours it healed up. Usual supply and demand issues with the replacements etc etc
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #3411221st Dec 2005 11:36 am
ally

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I have same fault! My dealer said compressors out of stock and dosen't know when they can get one. I phone call to LR customer care and compressor to be delievered and fitted tomorrow. Going to have to put my holiday back 24hrs but a least I'll be back in my own car. Will try and hit them for some form of compensation, its due a service so might see if they'll do it for free.

Post #3411321st Dec 2005 11:36 am
shawn

lee01277 wrote:
If it helps, I'm on my 3rd compressor.

The previous 2 gave up the ghost ONLY when I used it, ie if I left it in NORMAL mode, the suspension faults didn't usually happen, unless it got very wet, but that may have been a wiring loom problem.

hi lee
do you think i would be ok then if i leave it in normal height or would you not risk it

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3411821st Dec 2005 11:45 am
lee01277

It was for me, but I sort of got use to it, and as 99% of my driving is (was Twisted Evil ) on roads it didn't matter that much. The test is if you have time is to see how it goes for a few days only in mormal mode..
Post #3411921st Dec 2005 11:59 am
shawn

hi lee

cannot try for a few days go on holls at 3pm today i have just been out and done 20 mile on a roads with no probs, i think i am going to risk it, i have not got much of a choice really Evil or Very Mad Censored land rover and there Censored mondeo, oh just had a call back they have got an X type jag Crying or Very sad

i will go in mine going to start loading it up know cheers for all your help everyone

shawn
Post #3412021st Dec 2005 12:13 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

Hi Shawn,

On my previous D3 when the compressor went (one of a number!) my dealer couldnt get a compressor for a while and told me to use the car as normal as turning off and then on again usually cured the problem. I left the car at normal height and only had a few error messages - again cured by switching off and then on again.

Hope that helps,

Paul
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #3412121st Dec 2005 12:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lee01277

shawn wrote:
hi lee

cannot try for a few days go on holls at 3pm today i have just been out and done 20 mile on a roads with no probs, i think i am going to risk it, i have not got much of a choice really Evil or Very Mad Censored land rover and there Censored mondeo, oh just had a call back they have got an X type jag Crying or Very sad

i will go in mine going to start loading it up know cheers for all your help everyone

shawn

Thought an X type was a mondeo ?
Post #3412421st Dec 2005 12:57 pm
ally

My dealer will be changing my compressor tomorrow. Any ideas how long it should take them?

Post #3412721st Dec 2005 1:36 pm
lee01277

my last one was a "while-u-wait" 60 mins
Post #3412821st Dec 2005 1:39 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

They should put a schrader valve in the system so at least you could put an airline on it to pump it up Wink

OK, I'll go now, wheres me coat....... Rolling Eyes

Post #3414021st Dec 2005 4:17 pm
shawn

hi all

hope you all had a good christmas and have all eaten too much Laughing

now then as above you all know my compressor failed the day i was going away and driver assist offered me a mondeo or an x type jag to which i refused both

the thing is i have done 400 miles i have not touched the height adjuster nob/button and i have not had a single problem the car has performed perfectly and has been a pleasure to drive

cheers shawn
Post #3479627th Dec 2005 9:08 pm
ally

As you know I was lucky to have my compressor replaced before I went on holiday. Guess what I'm still getting suspension failures!

Post #3480727th Dec 2005 10:02 pm
LDomar

Portugal 2005 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3
Suspention Fault

Twisted Evil Well I dont think i can take anymore, after the car stayed at the shop for day and Half doing some update or whaterver they did, i still get the same problem even without touching the suspension as soon as i turn the ignition to the on position, it happed today, i dont know what else to do...any ideas?????? Question Question

Post #3539731st Dec 2005 3:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >