Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Discount For 3M Paint Protection Film & Window Tinting.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Discount For 3M Paint Protection Film & Window Tinting.

Following on from other threads, I have spoken to the nice people at Scratchgard http://www.scratchgard.co.uk/.
The price for fitting the 3m film as per the diagram in the following link
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic8418.html is £350 inc. vat. when fitted at their Reading or Manchester premises.
For window tinting (B pillar backwards) the price is £250 fully inc. They stock the full range of tints i.e very light to full "Limo".

If you would like both paint protection & window tinting, the combined price is £530 fully inc.
They did a great job fitting the 3M paint protection film to my D3.
Hope this is helpful to others. Speak to Lyn & remember to quote Disco3.

Post #11952514th Jan 2007 5:00 pm
Disco Dog

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Well done that man.
 2006 G4 Challenge Support Vehicle  
Post #11955814th Jan 2007 7:50 pm
subodh

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
contact details for privscy glass

thanks for the link. Do scratchguard carry out the tint/film for the glass or is it someone else. Can you please let me know the contact details.

thanks
subodh
 LR3 TDV6 GS auto, cruise, 18 in alloys, buck blue, alpaca leather.
ss 

Post #12004016th Jan 2007 1:10 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Yes the tinting is carried out my the same firm. Link to Scratchgard website (which lists their contact details) is in my post above.

Post #12023716th Jan 2007 4:52 pm
subodh

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

many thanks..once we get the disco in march shall contact them
 LR3 TDV6 GS auto, cruise, 18 in alloys, buck blue, alpaca leather.
ss 

Post #12031716th Jan 2007 7:35 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Whistle

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic20192.html

Ongoing discount for 3M film. £215 B Post back, £250 (IIRC) including legal max on front windows.

Security film group buy may run again if there is enough interest Thumbs Up
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #36246620th Oct 2008 5:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

Embarassed Embarassed Didn't mean to post this as a new topic. It was meant to be in reply to the topic on window tinting.

Post #36284321st Oct 2008 12:52 pm
Hijack

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The scratch guard for the bodywork to be really useful it would need to cover sides as well to be honest.
Got my car through a lot of bushes this summer Embarassed and the mostly affected areas are front wings and doors.
As is, the scratchguard covers seem to be more useful to protect against stone chips than scratches.

BTW Does anyone know if there are any companies offering full side scratch protection? Question (have seen some magnetic ones but they were very expensive)
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #36306321st Oct 2008 9:30 pm
90BHP

Just need to wait for TFC to come back home and there will be something available closer than you think Whistle

IMHO - Magnetic stuff,, off road is sh Censored te

Where do you keep it, when not in use that will be 100% contaminant free ? one piece of grit on the underside of the panel will do more damage than most green lanes when it moves about. What happens when the leading edge gets lifted by a branch or twig on a lane. How do you clean them 100% before storing them ?

Don't get me wrong, I have some event door cards for the rally car that are very, very good for their purpose. But I have to leave them stuck to the car or the back of my tool chest to keep them clean and the two mini door sized panels take ages to clean before fitting to the perfect paintwork. Where the heck would I keep panels the size of a discovery Shocked
Post #36307421st Oct 2008 10:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

Hijack wrote:
As is, the scratchguard covers seem to be more useful to protect against stone chips than scratches.

That's exactly why I had it fitted. I drive about 23,000 miles p.a on motorways.
The 3M film has already paid for itself by shielding some fierce stone attack. One stone hit so hard that it actually damaged the film, but the paint underneath is fine. It's saved the n/s headlight lens as well.

In theory, it should be possible to cover whatever part of the D3 that you want. So you could have the whole side protected, wouldn't be cheap though!

Post #36325122nd Oct 2008 11:29 am
Hijack

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yup, not really looking at the magnetic covers. (possibly they could be stored in the big tubes ? Whistle Wink )

There are companies that cover cars with thin film for advertising purposes rather than painting these days. I'm surprised that there are no coloureless or single colour covers offered for 4x4s.

Let's see what TFC will have on offer Thumbs Up
 D3 XS Manual - gone  
Post #36399623rd Oct 2008 9:40 pm
90BHP

Last post on this before I go quiet for a while . . .

Big tubes are fine, but mine still get tiny gravel like particles stuck to them (have a really close look at yours) hence I leave them on the car or on the tool boxes.

Advertising vinyl - Is produced in lots of qualities. (Ken knows all about this Whistle )

Short lived stuff has no laminated outer and is not very durable or long lasting (exactly the properties we want). The others are made of differing amounts of layers and have harder laminated outers. There are differing qualities and different adhesives. Without going into detail, the fitting of these for advertising uses heat and stretching to ensure conformity to the panel shapes without leaving creases. Having a clear vinyl would if used in the same way leave marks under the (now clear) vinyl from the adhesive. On a traditional advertising vinyl this is obvously not a problem as you can't see it.

There is a way, and I happen to know exactly where it may be available from in the not too distant future Whistle
Post #36400823rd Oct 2008 9:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >