DISCO3.CO.UK > Site News & Feedback

Site Behaviour and Terms of Use
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Site Behaviour and Terms of Use

I am thoroughly disappointed that, yet again, I have to post a warning about the behaviour of certain members on DISCO3.CO.UK.

DISCO3 should be a friendly place to discuss and organise everything to do with the Discovery 3, with some room for off topic discussion. However, personal attacks, sniping, insults and bickering will NOT be tolerated on this site. It is human nature that we have differences of opinion, views and experiences, however if members on this site cannot behave and co-exist despite these then I will have no option but to ask members to leave.

It is a complete waste of time for the moderators and me to keep tidying up the forum, and wade in to stop arguments and bullying. All the time spent sorting out the bickering could be better spent developing DISCO3, making sure that useful information is available easily and keeping the place clean and tidy. The moderation team should NOT be acting as virtual doormen and wading in to break up arguments. It is also unfair for the well behaved members to have to put up with personal battles, and it is hugely embarrassing for me and projects entirely the wrong image about the site to new members. DISCO3 is a phenomenal resource and I will not allow it to be ruined by the action of a selfish and abusive few.

I will continue to watch threads, and I have asked the moderators to report to me the usernames of ALL those involved in any personal arguments. These members will be asked to behave, if arguments continue then they will be banned without any further warning.

To reinforce this message, I will take this opportunity to repeat the Terms of use of the site. I have highlighted the items of particular importance here:

Quote:
While the administrators and moderators of this site will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible for them to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts and uploads made to the site express the views and opinions of the individual authors concerned and not those of the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned. The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

Please be considerate to other members. Personal attacks, threats and 'flame wars' will not be tolerated.

If you're considering replying to a post that has in someway upset or offended you, please click the icon to report the post to the moderators, rather than risk inflaming a situation or causing unintended offence yourself.

If you are asked to do or stop doing something by a moderator, please do not ignore them.

If you're a company representative wishing to promote your business on DISCO3.CO.UK, you must be an authorised site sponsor in order to advertise - click here for more details (this link will open in a new window or tab).

As a user you agree that all the information you will enter on the next page will be stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any security breach that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of your personal data; they serve only to improve your site experience.

If any of this message or the terms of use is not clear please feel free to contact me.

Martin Lewis
Site Administrator
DISCO3.CO.UK
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #3551355th Oct 2008 9:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

A reminder to everyone of this message.

Post #44456126th Mar 2009 10:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Gentlemen Please............

Will you stop all this "my box is better than yours" Ner Ner posts.

It is getting tiresome to moderate, its like looking after a bunch of school kids. I know there are lots of interesting points about all systems, but there is too much baiting going on, and its spoiling the forum.

Have we not got something else we can talk about for a while Thumbs Up

Post #44620829th Mar 2009 2:03 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

ANOTHER reminder. If you cannot agree to these rules then please do not participate.

By breaking them you are generating huge amounts of work from the moderators which is not fair on the community as a whole.

Post #4495084th Apr 2009 7:00 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

It is unfortunate that I have to bump this up again

On a public forum users have to accept that there are a plethora of views and opinions some of which may not align with their own - If users don't want to invite a range of comments, whether good or bad, can I respectfully advise that they keep their private life off the forum.

Let's at least keep it civil ....please Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5153584th Sep 2009 10:04 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

A reminder to the selfish few - you do know that these apply to you too?
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #5443312nd Nov 2009 3:33 pm
krick3tt

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Unknown ColourLR3

I do respect the time that moderators have to put in to 'straighten' a few now and them. I am on several off road and vehicle forums and have had occasion to see some inappropriate postings. Several forums have a policy that if you need to be 'spanked' more than twice you are simply 'off' the forum.
I am grateful that this forum exists where I may find tips and information toward keeping my LR3 running and well fed. Thanks

Post #165624617th May 2016 9:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >