Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

WTF is wrong with the UK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
JMC

Scotland 

It's easy to make that jump DG. What's your problem with it? Confused Wink

We've gone from highlighting a problem in society to discussing who is confronting it politically.

What's to go figure? Confused
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #36311621st Oct 2008 11:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

DG, do you feel the current situation is acceptable and that present policies will work if given long enough? I cerntainly used to but the older I get...... Sad
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #36311722nd Oct 2008 12:00 am
zaphod

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

What happened to the D3 island that was being organised Rolling with laughter
 Sail Fast - Live Slow...

.. / -.- -. --- .-- / .-- .... . .-. . / -- -.-- / - --- .-- . .-.. / .. ... 

Post #36311822nd Oct 2008 12:04 am
JMC

Scotland 

It's all the fault of the womens equality movement you know! Shocked

As soon as 'Cosmopolitan' gave women the orgasm in the early 70's, everything started going down the pan.

Kids used to be nurtured by their (home-making) mothers until they were sent to school. Now, they are fashion accessories for working mums just like the LV hand-bag and they are probably less coveted than the later. Evil or Very Mad

Double incomes were born, consumerism took over, neighbours became advisories in the game of who's got what and the kids got lost in the myre.

Even I, at the tender age of 17( Shocked ), could see where this was going and took the decision not to have kids. This was because I knew that the upbringing I would provide would be out of step with that being handed out in a MacDonalds wrapper by my peers.

I haven't been proved wrong yet and a couple of decades have since ensued........ Whistle
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #36311922nd Oct 2008 12:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Where are they confronting it ? Checkout their manifesto chaps Wink I see nothing with substance ...it all panders to the supposed nationalistic fears.

The BNP offer the slippery slope IMO eg.....who's British ? ...are they saying those who are born here ?? ...or parents are born here ...or grandparents are born here ....or great grandparents are born here. Go back far enough chaps and there will be an immigrant in your family Wink Would you be here now if the same mentality was afforded them ?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #36312022nd Oct 2008 12:14 am
JMC

Scotland 

Scaremongering...... Whistle

I guess you prefer the same old same old where we have the illusion of a democracy with a two party old boy network. Vested interests??? Wink
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #36312122nd Oct 2008 12:17 am
discocuzzy

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Bored of this thread now..watching goodwood revival on itv Thumbs Up
 "you cannot teach stupid people to do clever things"
--------------------------------------------------------
05 plate D3 HSE in Zermat- Gone
11 Plate D4 Landmark in Fuji white- Gone
08 Plate D3 Hse in Buckingham Blue- Gone
58 plate D3 HSE Silver- Gone
10 Plate D4 HSE Stornaway Grey 

Post #36312222nd Oct 2008 12:17 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Nothing to do with vested interests for me I couldnae give a stuff TBH.... but ...as always I like to offer an alternative viewpoint Whistle

I will agree with your last but one post though John ...the 60's and 70's IS where it all started to go downhill and for me for some of the very reasons you describe Thumbs Up

OOooo ....agreement with JMC Shocked

......scary Laughing
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #36312422nd Oct 2008 12:22 am
JMC

Scotland 

So scary that I'm off to bed as I'm already having nightmares Big Cry

A thought to ponder......

Why is it that DG's pseudo endorsment makes me feel vindicated and worried at the same time. Shocked Laughing Wink

Night night......... Whistle

Edit - Just read (skimmed) the BNP manifesto for Scotland before puting the laptop away...... WOW! Shocked

Didn't see any costings for it but it reads like a political wish list on a number of levels!!!
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #36312522nd Oct 2008 12:27 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Recent survey here found that Parents thought that childrens behavour was good and had not got worse.
Teachers thought that childrens behavour was bad and had got worse.

Yup! "My little darling is wonderfull and does nothing wrong."

Children are not innocent little darlings, like the rest of us they are selfish little sods. Rolling Eyes
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #36313922nd Oct 2008 2:15 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 

ANd isn't there a law about all this. surly the authorities have the evidence from the story and photo's to prosecute, however I guess if they send the parent to prison it's still on the countries tax payers back.
the other side is how much protection are they really taken (on the sex side) wouldn't it be Justis if they all got a dose of something very nasty.

I left UK 4 years ago on a career change and the mess we could see UK was, on the other hand my daughter is 13 and she's just started the makeup phase and internet blogs etc. the worst we get from her is always hungery and raiding the fridge. when I either pickup or drop off her off at school we see (at least) 50% of the kids openly smoking at this same 12-13 yrs age.
I (hopefully) educate mine to be aware of all the pit falls and ask her not to start anything stupid and she agrees that some of her friends smells of the smoke really bad. she's even complained about having to sit next to them at school because of the smell. (Sorry not having a go at smokers).
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #36315222nd Oct 2008 6:34 am
White Disco

Australia 

JMC wrote:

As soon as 'Cosmopolitan' gave women the orgasm in the early 70's, everything started going down the pan.

DG wrote:

..the 60's and 70's IS where it all started to go downhill and for me for some of the very reasons you describe Thumbs Up

Shocked Wink
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #36316922nd Oct 2008 8:33 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

DG wrote:
Nothing to do with vested interests for me I couldnae give a stuff TBH.... but ...as always I like to offer an alternative viewpoint Whistle:

Thud

Where? I don't see an alternative being suggested.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #36317522nd Oct 2008 8:51 am
DiscoStu

England 

He was being alternative by agreeing. Smile Possibly Confused
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #36317622nd Oct 2008 8:53 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The context of my alternative viewpoint ND was that this thread originally focussed on members opinions about the inbred benefit chasing scum being the sole problem of society

....I wanted to balance that by telling you about the posh toff scum Wink

Then for some reason the BNP came into it Rolling Eyes
Post #36318222nd Oct 2008 9:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >