Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

WTF is wrong with the UK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

The mother & daughter reffered to in the OP are probably related to Devvo.

Devvo's infamous clips can be found here http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm

The clip "Devvo As Owt" is my favourite.

P.S Devvo voted BNP Wink

Last edited by LT on 22nd Oct 2008 1:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #36332422nd Oct 2008 1:40 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

JMC wrote:
I often wonder how many people laugh at Vicky Pollard and see her as amusing escapism. She is a very real manifestation of what is out there in society and she is certainly not alone. She is at school with your kids and she spends many more hours per day with them than you do! Shocked She is seen as a role model because she stands up to authority. Kids who have never learned to respect their elders, or those in authority, are drawn to Vicky very easily. Shocked

True to form ....Vicky Pollard is now getting a divorce!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20081022/tuk-l...23e80.html

Laughing

Post #36332722nd Oct 2008 1:46 pm
NJF

I have just watched the final episode of Andrew Marr's television programme about Britain, and it reminds me of why, although I temporarily live abroad, I love the place and its people. Cheers, all. Thumbs Up

Post #36350922nd Oct 2008 9:05 pm
ronp

Nothing wrong at all with Britain NJF .....

...it's just [some of] the inhabitants!!

Rolling Eyes

Post #36357722nd Oct 2008 11:01 pm
al cope

England 

Guys

whether its issues like this idiot woman and her offspring, or minorities (of which I'm now one - that being white middle class heterosexual tax paying male), this country is f@cked, whether we like it or not, and its far too late to save it (you cant put the genie back in the bottle)

I dont know how many of you have read Mine Kampf (cant remember if I've spelt that correctly), but a good half of it makes quite good sense. Not advocating we do what he tried (although invading Poland might not be a bad idea as most of them are now here, so they might not notice).

Need to find somewhere else to live.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #36372223rd Oct 2008 11:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jonty

Kenya 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

al cope wrote:
..........., or minorities (of which I'm now one - that being white middle class heterosexual tax paying male), this country is f@cked, whether we like it or not, and its far too late to save it (you cant put the genie back in the bottle)......
Al

What wrong with minorities? What have they done to mess up your country?

Post #36372923rd Oct 2008 11:33 am
JMC

Scotland 

al cope wrote:

THERE'S THE PROBLEM Shocked

You don't need to find somewhere else to live, you need to take control of your own country back from those who would turn it into a free for all politically correct nanny state Evil or Very Mad

Jonty wrote:
What wrong with minorities? What have they done to mess up your country?

Nobody said there was anything wrong with minorities, but when indigenous people become the political minority in regard to their views, there's trouble ahead. I would have thought that you would have known this coming from SA....... Whistle
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #36374323rd Oct 2008 12:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronp

Heard on the radio recently.
That a local police force were learning to speak Polish so they could communicate with the local non English speaking Polish community.
Sorry .... but WTF's wrong with the Poles learning English!!
Nothing against Poles, but if you move to another country, surely you should expect you would have to learn that countries language.

Some other minorities - they move to our country, preach words of hate against it and want to bomb our people.
AND, we don't kick them out!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post #36374523rd Oct 2008 12:45 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

JMC wrote:
al cope wrote:

THERE'S THE PROBLEM Shocked

You don't need to find somewhere else to live, you need to take control of your own country back from those who would turn it into a free for all politically correct nanny state Evil or Very Mad

You're right John, but only in a moral standards kind of way (in which I fully agree with you).

I know Al's comment was just thrown in to the mix for fun, as far as he may be concerned, if there doesn't seem to be any way to get new people in who can change things around and make a difference within his useable lifespan despite him making a fuss and using his vote wisely, then the only option for him to have a better life is to jump ship to another country that fits in better with what he's looking for.

I didn't move to Spain because of political reasons, but I must admit things are much better over here.....still plenty of problems (mainly with immigration and tax spenditure/policies) if you go looking for them, but on the whole..... Razz Razz
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #36374923rd Oct 2008 1:18 pm
al cope

England 

thanks for pitching in chaps, and you are both correct, I shouldnt have to consider moving elsehwere, but I just dont see a way back (as I said, genie out of the bottle), and nothing wrong with minorites, I just dont want to be one in what I consider to be my own country (by way of birth), and treated with contempt by those "in charge" for being so.

I dont believe that ANY of the current political parties want to put the interests and veiws of the indigenous population first, and then fit (in a fair way) the views/requirements of others around that, rather than the other way round.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #36377323rd Oct 2008 2:04 pm
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Al - if you hypothetically find that place, I'll hypothetically join you! Wink

SWMBO and I have discussed this umpteen times but when you factor in language (I can manage French, Italian and German, but not like a native Confused ), local bureaucracy, "fitting in", avoiding ex-pat enclaves and distance - there ain't nowhere.

I agree with JMC - we should stay and fix it, but I retired from the NHS after 37 years of imagining I could improve things by getting on committees and making a noise. The machine is bigger than me; couldn't stop the downward progress, so I left. Really don't want it (and truthfully can't see it) driving us abroad - not with 2 new grandchildren Very Happy

But I bet we can't mend our boat...

Neutral

PPS I have spent a lot of time in Nepal, India and Pakistan (close to the population) and loved all the people, but when I was there, I did what they do. "When in Rome..."
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #36379723rd Oct 2008 3:34 pm
Jonty

Kenya 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

JMC wrote:

Nobody said there was anything wrong with minorities, but when indigenous people become the political minority in regard to their views, there's trouble ahead. I would have thought that you would have known this coming from SA....... Whistle

How many MPs are from minorities? And (seriously) who are the indigenous people of the UK and what language do they speak?

You can't compare the situation in the UK to SA, any ex-colony or Australia.

Out of the total UK population, what %age is 'foreign'? From my time spent in the UK and commenting as an observer from outside, the problem is your politicians and the power of certain lobby groups. Add to this the increasing compensation culture and abuse of the welfare system by lazy people (most of whom are 'natives' according to statistics) combined with an education system that no longer teaches things like manners, respect etc and you end up with problems.

There are some great things about the UK though, which you should protect. I was impressed with the good mix of cultures and the freedom people have regarding religion, freedom of speech and believe it or not, low crime levels (everything is relative eh?). There aren't many places left in the world where you get unarmed police......

Post #36380023rd Oct 2008 3:48 pm
Pelyma

England 

The BNP is getting more and more popular especially with the 60+ age group and I personally find it quite worrying.

Politically I might not agree with DG but I have to say he is right, this isn't about wealth, or economic mobility it is about Censored poor parenting. As a nation I don't think we are very child friendly, kids are seem as an accessory by the rich and an income source for the poor. Unfortunately the badly behaved kids get all the publicity the distorts the picture.

Kids don't need PS3s, DVD players etc etc etc, it is just unfashionable to say what they need and that is love and time. Doing things together seems very out of fashion even for quite young children. The world has always been a scary place to bring children up; but it can be done but it is best done by parents not by politicians of any party and this is where we are going wrong IMO
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #36380523rd Oct 2008 4:08 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I don't think this sort of behaviour is "cultural" in the race sense, more "cultural" in the behavioural sense.
A whole culture has developed in the UK which believes that the law does not apply to them. They believe that it is within the law to allow their children to screw around at very young ages because for them not to would infringe their rights, or some such feeble excuse. The same parents (in the biological meaning of the word only) have no regard for the results of their procreation, regardless of the amount of money in the bank, or where that money from....

The mother (for want of a better title) has broken the law by permitting her daughter to have sex at the age of twelve. She continues to break the law by not taking steps to prevent her from having sex until the age of 16.
In days gone by the mother would be in deep trouble, probably finding herself the wrong side of the stocks or something similar, and the girl taken into a convent "to learn the error of her ways". In other words being made to do some menial tasks until she was old enough to start to learn to be a nun (probably a year or two of virtual slavery, then a few years of hard work as a novice, then a little tiny bit of freedom as a nun.....)
It is quite possible that the girl concerned has no real understanding of the law, but just enjoys "a good Censored " whenever she gets the chance, because in her world that's the only way she knows to express any sort of love. I'd really like her to encounter some of the kids I worked with a couple of decades ago, mostly now ex of this life, and most of them would have been less that 25 when they went ex. They started the same way as she has started, a few we managed to knock off course into a better (longer) life, but it was a real struggle..... its quite an art not to get over emotional about those who do not "see the light" and just get burned out long before their time.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #36380823rd Oct 2008 4:24 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Pelyma wrote:
Politically I might not agree with DG

...and whats wrong with a dictatorship then Paul ? Confused

I've already indicated you could be my number 2 Whistle

Laughing
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #36381023rd Oct 2008 4:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >