Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

WTF is wrong with the UK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
NoDo$h

Ukraine 
WTF is wrong with the UK?

This is the right place for ranting, so here I go.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...ettes.html

I know there is far worse happening out there, but this kind of behaviour is becoming the norm in so many of our towns. Aldous Huxley's Brave New World full of epsilon morons has arrived, only in Huxley's vision they were working for a living, not holding out their hands for benefits.

Nice to know our taxes are being redistributed to worthy causes such as this. Question is, how can this be brought to an end? Seriously?
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #36283721st Oct 2008 11:36 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Start by prosecuting the parents for child abuse.

Post #36283821st Oct 2008 11:43 am
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

What The F Censored k????? Are these people really allowed to have kids and have a vote. Thud Thud
Just unbelievable. What can you say. Shocked Shocked

Post #36284121st Oct 2008 11:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
flinty99

England 

unf Censored believable.. What type of parent is this woman...

Post #36285221st Oct 2008 12:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

You just got to love the way she criticises the school for being too soft on her kid Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I don't think it was the school handing out the fags or turning a blind eye to sex at 12 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Mother should go on the sex offenders register in my opinion for failing to protect her child or worse sanctioning her daughter putting it about!

What planet are these people from, and can we send them back their sooner rather than later?

Last edited by SJR on 21st Oct 2008 12:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #36285421st Oct 2008 12:27 pm
AVE
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I don't think she can be described as a parent, she certainly has no parental skills. Surely something should have been done by social services before it got to this point.
 As you slide down the banister of life
may no splinters point your way

Disco XXV
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY16
Discovery Sport HSE Lux MY17

Evoque HSE Dynamic MY16 (Gone)
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY14 (Lovely car but preferred the Disco!)
Disco 3 Tdv6 HSE MY05 (owned for 11 years and now gone)
Range Rover Sport HSE MY11 (Gone)
Freelander2 SE (Gone but the most reliable car we've ever owned)
Disco 2 V8 (Gone) 

Last edited by AVE on 21st Oct 2008 7:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #36286021st Oct 2008 12:49 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Old Man smoked himself into an early grave (51) - I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

But, what the heck, the story is unbelievable. there must be some commercial slant to that to make the story sell. Please tell me I am right Big Cry
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #36286221st Oct 2008 12:53 pm
TSR2

Sorry 90BHP it's down to our lovely friends in the press again... It's only worth reporting if it is sensational. Other morons might read this and think "it's in the press, no one in the report, press or otherwise, states that this is wrong in the extreme so therefore it must be right" these people are too stupid to understand that they are doing wrong. Censored Censored

Post #36286921st Oct 2008 1:03 pm
craig

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Reading that article makes me feel like a right tyrant with my two lads.
Both lads (10 and 8 ) do routine tasks (like tidying there bedroom) without being asked - for which i give them room and board in this house. They also get 30 mins computer time a day, for doing extras - such as unloading the dishwasher and tidying up after there smaller brother (1 year).
If i catch them with a ciggie in years to come - then there will be hell to pay - Grandad died of lung cancer 1 year after retiring and my mum is now living with Chronic Bronchitis and Emphacaema (sp) because of 40 years on the fags, but i think they know better. Confused

I was brought up in a council estate, by a single parent with two half brothers and i'm now reasonably successfull (1 x loving wife, 3 x loving boys, 3xhair shedding dogs, 1xD3, 1xFreelander, 1x£17k caravan and 1x3bed semi and i'm happy as hell Very Happy ).
I've been working since i was 13 years old - thats 22 years if you want to work the maths out on how old i am - and i have never claimed a single penny from the DHSS or whatever its called.

This also reminds me, somewhat, of a friend of my wife - her husband had a psychotic episode whilst working for Safeways stacking shelves for a living. They had just moved to a 4 bedroom house. This was some 5 years ago. Since his "episode" he has not worked a day, they have the mortgage (interest only - admittedly) paid for, council tax paid for, nappies and some food paid for - all by the council. He has recently decided he wants to take up music - as a hobby, so some charity has paid for him to have 2 electric guitars, amplifier and time in a local recording studio Shocked Not only that, he is now teaching people guitar - with cash in hand payments. They also just brought a laptop - so they could get on the internet and see what all the fuss is about - again paid for by my tax money.

In comparison - my wife has just had to return to work to cope with the increased cost of living and pay for those nice extras like holidays.
However - i know which life is more honest and satisfying. Wink

This society needs a fookin enema.

Post #36287221st Oct 2008 1:07 pm
TSR2

Well you get my vote! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #36287321st Oct 2008 1:11 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Apologies for the earlier post.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #36287421st Oct 2008 1:12 pm
Pelyma

England 

I don't think this is that unusual either, as a school governor I see and hear some of the antics so called parents get up to. The trouble is the state is too big a safety net for some, we are now seeing multi generations of people looked after by the state.

Just because you come from the wrong area doesn't mean you are born to failure, but unless these kids are caught and given some self worth and morals (instead of rights) I don't know how you can save them. Sad
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #36287921st Oct 2008 1:47 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
This society needs a fookin enema

Bow down

If you don't mind I'd like to add that as a signature line.Its one of truest statements I've heard in a long time.

Post #36288121st Oct 2008 2:01 pm
sufun

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: WTF is wrong with the UK?

NoDo$h wrote:

Nice to know our taxes are being redistributed to worthy causes such as this. Question is, how can this be brought to an end? Seriously?

Take away benefits to all who don't need it. I just don't get it. The part of the world I come from, if you don't work, you get hungry. No free hand outs.
 TDV6 SE  
Post #36288621st Oct 2008 2:21 pm
Ken

Is it that harsh in Swindon Su Whistle

Post #36288921st Oct 2008 2:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >