Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Windscreen Click
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jkp

Scotland 
Windscreen Click

Each morning, especialy when cold, I get a crack-like noise from the offside corner of the windscreen or dash. Sound like one of the local scrotes has thrown a small stone at the window.

Anyone else get this?

I'm thinking it's related to the front heated screen and a small bit of heat causing a clip to pop.

Post #3930226th Jan 2006 11:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I sometimes get a similar noise, sounds like it's on the nearside on mine though Confused
 The End  
Post #3930426th Jan 2006 11:33 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I get this too and its probably trim creaking when warming up... happens when you turn up the heat on the blowers and aim at the windscreen too.

If in doubt get the dealer to take a look incase you have a crack developing under the trim.

-s

Post #3930526th Jan 2006 11:35 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I've been getting a few 'clicks' recently, sounded more like centre dash console though (thought it was the CD player for a while) happens randomly, not just cold mornings or after a few minutes running.

Don't think the screen would be moving as it's bonded, but I suppose it could be part of the dash or trim Rolling Eyes

Post #3931026th Jan 2006 11:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

Thanks for that. I'm going to give them a call soon about a couple of niggles.

Post #3932726th Jan 2006 1:10 pm
al cope

England 

My old TD5 developed a windscreen click, after its windscreen was replaced, and after having the screen out twice (and this was bonded), the cause was found to be that the base of the screen sits (locates), on two small plastic lugs at the base, and if its not tight down, they clich when the body flexes.

Given the "quality" of some of the work, if the D3 uses the same screen fitting technology, and someones "thrown" the screen in (friday afternoon job), you never know.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #3933126th Jan 2006 1:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >