Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Site News & Feedback

Why ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Why ?

We have a forum here full of the best customers LR could wish for, ones that WANT to buy!. Most of us have had at least one disco3 if not more and have inklings on another.

disco3.co.uk is what mori is to no.10.

Why isn't there an official presence on this forum from LR ? Is it because the LR board don't know about us ?

What would it cost them to keep us, there no1 fan happy ? Not much im thinking. Give us a LR contact who posts and can 'look after us', geez it would be a win win for them. ? Peanuts ?

What would it gain them .........

Personally speaking the worst part of the LR experience is the dealer. All the ones ive had dealings with have would not get a job with ford thats how bad they are.

I strongly believe the dealership business model is dead. What value does a dealer add ? I cant see any, they have to add cost to pay for themselves and screw you the customer over wherever possible.

LR ditch the dealer network that lets you down so badly and redoply some of the staff you have spare to open a few, maybe 5, LR stations across the country.

If this credit cruch gets worse and you LR need bailing out, I could accept it but no way if tax payers money would be indirectyly supporting jokestones, deadsalmons or sytner or any others of your dealer network.

just my opinion.

Pom

Post #40881125th Jan 2009 5:49 pm
NJF

pom, I hear that LR do read the site and take note of (most) of what is said. I have a hunch that a few members are also LR employees. As for dealers, some a great, others bring the brand into disrepute. I'm sure LR knows that and I'd be surprised if it wasn't on their agenda to raise the standard where necessary. Chill. 8)

Post #40881625th Jan 2009 5:58 pm
Craig S-L

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

There are several dealers who follow this site (and enthusiasts who work in dealers - yes there are some!!) but they choose not to post - probably as they would open themselves up to a lot of abuse. Some notable exceptions; TLO at Yeovil, Ryan at Lakeland, and the Dealer Principal at Stratstone Bury for starters.....
 Craig

2015 D? SDV6 HSE Loire Blue
2009 D4 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
2006 G4 Challenge V8 HSE (Gone, but fuel bills not forgotten!)
Media Support Vehicle Stage 1 & 2 Thailand and Laos
Driven by Rudi Thoelen, 2003 Winner 

Post #40883825th Jan 2009 6:42 pm
steadicamsteel

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Maya GoldDiscovery 3

I'm a forum member of a video user site. Believe it or not but Panasonic are proactive about getting feedback from the camera systems being used in the field. They actively find out what the next model should and shouldn't have (functionality wise) from the forum members (the end user of the camera systems). They then take onboard the good points and bad points of certain parts of the hardware and manufacture a newer product that ticks pretty much all the boxes that end users have asked for. It's a win, win for Panasonic. They listen, deliver and in turn get customer loyalty which is a rare thing in this ever decreasing world we live in.

I don't know any other global electronics firm who does this. Sony, have closed focus groups and pretty much manufacture what THEY think we as users need.

Just think what LandRover could achieve if they stepped out there safety zone and actually listened to the consumer who is buying their products.

Post #40892525th Jan 2009 9:36 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

We have had contact from the inside from time to time. There was a thread asking for members ideas on how to improve Terrain Response, it got some good feedback, but some real Gin & Tonic ideas too!

Also, the cheif designer of the D3 registered and was non too pleased about some of the comments regarding the 09 D3 and its painted plastic.

So, Yes Land Rover do watch, and I am sure they take the enthusiast view into account, along with the requirements of the school run mum.

Post #40894925th Jan 2009 10:08 pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

A couple of years ago i had a small japanese roadster........no hairdresser jokes please.........

Mazda were really involved in the forums and the owners clubs and even hosted their own forum. the chief designer used to attend owners club meets and ask owners what he should do on future models.Some of the Dealers were involved hosting events for the owners club.

Quite a few dealers i talked to buying my car over the last couple of weeks were totally unaware of this site,

Post #40901525th Jan 2009 11:26 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I think it is because we on this forum make up about 1% of Land rover sales! The bulk of land rover sales are to people buying a upper class image/status symbol that will never want or use the car to its full off road capability!
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #40919126th Jan 2009 11:41 am
Very Annoyed

England 

LR employ 2 or 3 people simply to monitor the web based forums like this one.
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #40921226th Jan 2009 12:07 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

I want that Job 8)

Is that how Simon makes so many posts then Whistle

Post #40922226th Jan 2009 12:19 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Gareth wrote:
We have had contact from the inside from time to time. There was a thread asking for members ideas on how to improve Terrain Response, it got some good feedback, but some real Gin & Tonic ideas too!

I remember that guy...he asked for feedback on TR and, amongst a lot of complaints about ride-height/speed and EPB, he actually got some very good feedback but ISTR that he never even responded or even said 'thanks guys'.....

Gareth wrote:

Also, the cheif designer of the D3 registered and was non too pleased about some of the comments regarding the 09 D3 and its painted plastic.

Was that user ever confirmed? ISTR that his grammar and general behaviour was rather poor - not something I would associate with someone at his level....

And his response to the comments about painted bumpers was along the lines of...."yeah well....we do what we want to do and you guys don't appreciate anything" was not the sort of response from an official point-of-view...

I have always thought that it was just a user having a bit of a laugh or maybe some lackey in the LR offices taking advantage of his IP showing as being LR-derived and having a bit of fun...
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #40923226th Jan 2009 12:39 pm
Snowy

England 

This was the TR thread:
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic18394.html?highlight=

The MY09 debate, Mr A Wheel's views:
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post268632.html#268632
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.  
Post #40924126th Jan 2009 12:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Cheers Snowy,

Reading through awheel's posts, it's clear that I was mistaken about his grammar - it's much better than I seem to remember Embarassed

I'm still not convinced it was really him though....
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #40924926th Jan 2009 1:08 pm
Blaserman

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Well done Snowy, that made some interesting reading. Thumbs Up
How I wish I had been a member when he posted the comments about nudge bars.
All in all only one of the posts was blunt if thats the right term.
It would be good to have some more input from landrover guys, after all I personally don't think landrover have wasted millions investing money in the worlds most advanced 4x4 just to capture the "school run" market.
LR guys if you're still lurking come on in, we will provide you with feedback on the D3. Thumbs Up
However don't get Censored when people give their opinion. Thumbs Up
 "The fate of the wounded lies in the hands of the one who applys the first dressing"

Club MTR

Club Powerplant 

Post #40927026th Jan 2009 1:35 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

DG wrote:
no ...no ...no...No NO NO Twisted Evil

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #40935026th Jan 2009 4:15 pm
captain_sugar

Czech Republic 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
Re: Why ?

pom wrote:

Personally speaking the worst part of the LR experience is the dealer. All the ones ive had dealings with have would not get a job with ford thats how bad they are.

If people ask me how satisfied I am from my land rover, I have to tell them:
1. It is a fabulous car. Yes it had some child diseases but the car never let me down and all of the problems have been solved by software. And this car is such a great combination between, ability, luxurous ride even at speed and practicality (once you get used to such a usable volume, you don't get used to any other car anymore).
2. The dealer network is so poor and so customer-unfriendly that, when i will need to buy a new car I will have a huge dilemma. Buy again the car I love or buy another car and have the comfort of a nearby and resonable priced dealer service by the dealer who shows that he appreciates doing business with me.

I wrote this, by e-mail and normal mail, to Land Rover - UK but never got any answer. They didn't even bother to send a polite answer like "thank you for the feedback, we need an love our customers and your information is usefull to us". Nothing.

So I guess they won't bother either about this forum. And I guess a lot of Czech customers will own only one Land rover in their life-time.
 Some people get by
With a little understanding
Some people get by
With a whole lot more
I don�t know
Why you gotta be so undemanding 

Post #40936326th Jan 2009 4:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >