DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Post Recall Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BigJ

2006 LR3 TDV6 S Manual Unknown ColourLR3
Post Recall Problem

Hi Guys.

I could do with some help, in June last year I purchased a 56 plate manual disco3 with 40K on the clock. It was still under manufacture warranty when we had it which has now expired, but is still covered under the LR approved warranty.

It's been a bit of problem child and has been back to the dealer several times for various issues, but a big problem which was highlighted in the first week of having it was the brake pedal going hard. We have a big trailer that is used 2 or 3 times a year and the disco was purchased specifically for this purpose. When manouvering (spelling?) the trailer and the truck is ticking over, the pedal can go rock solid, to the point you really have to heave on it. As our yard is on an incline and the trailer is witch to shift this can be a pain in the ass. The dealer has supposed to have carried out the mod as in the recall, and for a while, it was much better.

Recently it has started to do the same, and situations that require gentle but prolonged braking, ie 70 - 30 over 400yds downhill, can often result in a hard pedal by the time I have slowed - just the truck, no trailers. I sent the truck back to the dealer this week, who has checked it over along with some other issues and now it's back, it seems to be the same. What I have noticed is with the engine off and putting firm pressure on the brake pedal, the pedal is solid, but does not move. Doing the same with engine ticking over results in the pedal making it's way to the floor. To me, this aint right.

The problem I have is described here to the letter http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/968091 but if the recall has been done, why am I still suffering problems?

I love my truck. Was so impressed by what it could do following a trip to the Land Rover Experience, we got one. As it is, I fear the day the warranty expires and sadly think that we will be saying tata to Tata in the not too distant future for a Land Cruiser or anything else that can tow 3 1/2 ton.

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #60224712th Feb 2010 3:05 pm
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

A lot will depend on how much work they did for the recall do you know if they changed only the pipe or replaced the whole lot ,ie master cylinder and vacumn.
The original instructions were to change the pipe but to check if the oil got any further,if this was observed they should have changed the other components as well.When mine was done I checked for oil before it went in and then made it known I had observed oil in the vacumn so the dealer changed everything.
Maybe they cut a corner when doing the original work or you are unlucky and the new bits have gone US .

Post #60226612th Feb 2010 3:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >