Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

rear camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Colin

EPB ...mine was manual car and tryed enabling auto realease on drive off ..wouldnt work . Andy ( buelbeast ) had a simular age / spec car ...and his worked when we enabled it ...supect just a software issue .

Proberly irrelivent ..but i enabled the 3 flash indicators ..mine worked ..Andys didnt .(Both 56 plate SE;s ..if i remember correctly )

3 inputs Green (TV ) brown (reversing cam ) tan (companion cam ) ..............i will check tommorow for defo on the tan and brown ones Wink

I will email you as i have some intersting news on the picture in motion module Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #58227615th Jan 2010 7:29 pm
buellbeast

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

On my 55 plate 06 model enabling the 3 flash in the ccf didn't work either. Upgraded the CJB files and it worked. The auto release also worked when enabled in the CCF.

Still waiting for my email with my dev log in details Rolling with laughter

Post #58228415th Jan 2010 7:35 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Aww Guys, Embarassed Embarassed That's just brilliant. Bow down Bow down Bow down
Thanks for volunteering

It only occurred to me at the last second that other MSV-2 owners might be able / willing to help and might enjoy getting a bit more hands on, and many hands make lite work as the saying goes.

As you have seen, Wiggs managed to get the reverse cam enabled in the CCF, so that's the first thing to do.

Next we (You) need to get a composite video feed from a camera or any other suitable test source connected to the relevant connector on the back of the screen module.

Thanks for confirming its the Brown one Wiggs, if we can leave you to double check that would be great.

Wiggs did some posting about using a farnell connector that was a bit fiddly to solder on, so you need to look that up.

I have some of those connectors and cable so if either of you (Andy (BuellBeast or Stapldm) don't have the hardware already, say so and i will get some bits posted out ASAP

Once connected, then its a case of checking the reverse cam input works ok with your source signal by using the screens built in 731 diagnostic function.

I am assuming that this would be where Wiggs had got to and that his signal was OK using the diag way to select that input, could you confirm that chap Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

next, we need to do is figure out what is needed to get the screen to automatically switch to that input when reverse is selected.

Sadly Stapldm, like me at that time, your bench test wont give you that.

Now this is in fact where it gets interesting. Because before Wiggs had just posted in response to my asking, i was hitherto oblivious that Wiggs had a Manual car at the time.

As i understand it, there is no way that a manual can put the current gear selection on the CAN BUS which is most likely how the screen would pick up when the vehicle is in reverse.

So it may well be that the only reason Wiggs could not get this going when he tried was due to the fact he had a Manual transmission.

Alternately it might be just a case of changing the software in the screen unit for one that supports the Reverse Camera, and IIRC, we had not added screen software programming when Wiggs tried it either.

Either way, when we get to this stage, we can start to try any number of possibilities in the hope of figuring it out.

Post #58230615th Jan 2010 8:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

wiggs wrote:
3 inputs Green (TV ) brown (reversing cam ) tan (companion cam ) ..............i will check tommorow for defo on the tan and brown ones
Can't remember the colour but it's the middle one of the 3 for the reversing cam The End  
Post #58253916th Jan 2010 2:57 am
wiggs

BBS SPY wrote:
Once connected, then its a case of checking the reverse cam input works ok with your source signal by using the screens built in 731 diagnostic function..

753 Thumbs Up

BBS SPY wrote:
As i understand it, there is no way that a manual can put the current gear selection on the CAN BUS which is most likely how the screen would pick up when the vehicle is in reverse. .

there is a reverse signal shown in the diagnostic screen ,,which worked ok on my old manual no problem

BBS SPY wrote:
I am assuming that this would be where Wiggs had got to and that his signal was OK using the diag way to select that input, could you confirm that chap Thumbs Up Thumbs Up .

Yep Thumbs Up

Last edited by wiggs on 16th Jan 2010 11:18 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #58258616th Jan 2010 10:09 am
wiggs

Slimer wrote:
wiggs wrote:
3 inputs Green (TV ) brown (reversing cam ) tan (companion cam ) ..............i will check tommorow for defo on the tan and brown ones
Can't remember the colour but it's the middle one of the 3 for the reversing cam

brown it is then

Post #58258816th Jan 2010 10:12 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

TBH I think LR just didn't finish the software for the reversing camera (much the same as the pre-heat/pre-cool, though they mistakenly left the options for them on early vehicles) until 10MY D4/RRS came out with new kit.
Be great to get it working without additional interfaces though
 The End  
Post #58271816th Jan 2010 2:35 pm
LR3GuyJoe

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

I'm really wishing I had the factory NAV in mine theres so much more to fiddle around with, and it would give me a good reason to buy a faultmate. Maybe when I hit a 100k I'll start looking for a clone of mine in HSE spec.

Also a bit of news on the Camera that started this thread, The supplier, Rick, is sending me out a unit to try. He seems to be a really nice guy. When I get it I'll be sure to post how the install goes and how the viewing angle is and all that good stuff.

You Faultmate guys are pretty cool your sort of like an iphone dev group Very Happy Hopefully I'll get to join the club at some point.
 Sceen name use to be "wantsanlr3"

Club Traxide
Club RLD winch mount
Club MTRs

-MY05 SE
-A frankenstein Mini '66 sportspack with a vauxhall lump
-'64 AH Sprite

Post #58276216th Jan 2010 3:56 pm
IanNP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The 'vision' branded cameras are quite good. They do a fitting for most popular vehicles
Click image to enlarge

When it is fitted it almost unnoticable
Click image to enlarge

It is a direct replacement for the number plate lamp holder
Click image to enlarge

Easy to fit.
Supply wire goes to the reversing lamp possitive feed, earth to chassis. Then there is comp video feed to the screen.
The main expense was a switching unit to get the video into the screen. I couldn't expect the customer to go into the diag menu everytime they wanted it to work!
Click image to enlarge

Post #58343317th Jan 2010 7:53 pm
wiggs

Which switching unit did you use ?
Post #58343817th Jan 2010 7:56 pm
IanNP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The unit varies depending on what the customer wants and can afford!
If the customer is having a TV tuner and wants the touch screen to work as OE then the video for the reversing camera goes through the TV tuner.
Otherwise we use the GVIF interface. The DVD navigation video goes through the interface giving a reverse camera input and 1 or 2 other video inputs. It is the same for Toyota, Jaguar and Lexus.
Neither is a cheap option.
If it possible to enable the OE screen to switch this will be much better option.

Ian

Post #58346517th Jan 2010 8:15 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
753 Thumbs Up

Yea thats the one Wiggs.
See i can't manage without you for one second Bow down Bow down Bow down

Thanks Slimer, had to be the dark brown one Huh, on a lighter note, i just love your blakes seven avatar (bound to change tomorrow Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry )
In fact, if you don't mind i am going to pinch it and use it myself when you are done with it as it seems most apt for me Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Although now i think of it something a bit more Star Trek as in, "to boldly go where no man has gone before"
whadda ya think Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
You Faultmate guys are pretty cool your sort of like an iphone dev group Very Happy Hopefully I'll get to join the club at some point.

We are more like a Victim support group really LR3GuyJoe
Namely in that we have all been bitten by the LR & technology bug and it rerally does seem like you might be infected too.
Fortunalely the MSV-2 does provide quite some antidote Rolling with laughter

Post #58347617th Jan 2010 8:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DaveVX

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Ian is a TV tuner/reverse cam and install cheaper or more expensive than a gvif/cam install taking into account all parts and labour on a D3. Question

Post #58364218th Jan 2010 12:00 am
Alan G

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

LR3GuyJoe wrote:

Also a bit of news on the Camera that started this thread, The supplier, Rick, is sending me out a unit to try. He seems to be a really nice guy. When I get it I'll be sure to post how the install goes and how the viewing angle is and all that good stuff.

Any news on the camera yet Joe, has it even arrived?

And any more news from anyone on this mod?
 ATB

Alan

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bonzo676767#p/u 

Post #58779322nd Jan 2010 7:30 pm
LR3GuyJoe

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

He emaild me today confirming it's been mailed so I should have it next week some time. 8)
 Sceen name use to be "wantsanlr3"

Club Traxide
Club RLD winch mount
Club MTRs

-MY05 SE
-A frankenstein Mini '66 sportspack with a vauxhall lump
-'64 AH Sprite

Post #58780422nd Jan 2010 7:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >